Samsung INR18650-30Q (3000mah/15A) vs LG INR18650-HG2 (3000mah/20A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
I got a couple as well. On my sx mini at 30w standard mode I got 25900J out of a near new 25R, tried one of the 30Qs and got 32000J. Let them run down till they were flashing the low battery warning and it was cutting out whilst firing. 30w isn't exactly pushing them to the limit though but looks like they'll be great for my needs.

mrcrunch08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
mount airy, NC
I got a couple as well. On my sx mini at 30w standard mode I got 25900J out of a near new 25R, tried one of the 30Qs and got 32000J. Let them run down till they were flashing the low battery warning and it was cutting out whilst firing. 30w isn't exactly pushing them to the limit though but looks like they'll be great for my needs.
I wonder how much variation there is with the sx mini efficiency? At best I get 21000j with the 25r and lg he2. I got almost 25000j with both the awt 35a and samsung 30q and most of those number are running at 13watts on a 1.2ohm build. The best I have come across so far was from the 2800mah efest at just over 27000j. I have a couple lg hg2 on the way so looking forward to seeing what I get from those.

Reactions: J_B_86

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
I wonder how much variation there is with the sx mini efficiency? At best I get 21000j with the 25r and lg he2. I got almost 25000j with both the awt 35a and samsung 30q and most of those number are running at 13watts on a 1.2ohm build. The best I have come across so far was from the 2800mah efest at just over 27000j. I have a couple lg hg2 on the way so looking forward to seeing what I get from those.

That's strange, I've been consistently getting over 25000 for the 25r and 32000 from the 30q running at 30w with either 0.3 or 0.5ohm coils. Maybe it is more efficient at lower resistances but still I wouldn't expect that much of a difference.

mrcrunch08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
mount airy, NC
Perhaps mrcrunch is using standard mode and you are using Eco? Not sure why someone would not use eco mode as I found a substantial improvement (20%) in run time.
That must be it. I am using standard or powerful most of the time and all the numbers I have been commenting about have been without the updates. Sadly I haven't even bothered updating my mini yet. Maybe I should take the time and actually get that done this weekend. I would love to see what the efest does in eco.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Tech is advancing. Would you believe if somebody mentioned here on ECF standard, ECO, or temp. control 2-3 yrs ago. I wonder what we will be able to do in 2 yrs from now.

Not battery tech my friend, this is an industry with enormous R&D costs/stardards changing slowly because of existing standards. Just like the TV industry (they killed off Plasmas because they hit a wall with R&D, even though clearly it was the best picture quality aside from OED panels), so I am happy we're not going backwards.

Reactions: aldenf

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The IPV4 has a listed input range up to 25A, but these batteries are only 20A. These batteries won't cause me troubles, yeah? Try not to laugh, newer to the batteries and box mods and all that.
The IPV4 uses two batteries so the amp load is split between them. With a regulated mod it doesn't really matter if the batteries are parallel or in series (in terms of amp load).

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I've been using my 30q's for about a week now and they're great. They drain lower than my LG he2's (which are admittedly rather well used), which means, if I'm not totally wrong, that their voltage drop under load is low. I'm getting about 2,700 mAh from 4.2-3.2v (getting something around 2,000 mAh on my used LG he2's and Samsung 25r's).

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
The IPV4 uses two batteries so the amp load is split between them. With a regulated mod it doesn't really matter if the batteries are parallel or in series (in terms of amp load).

Just to note, series configurations double voltage and not amperage so the battery amp limit you are getting is not doubled. The IPVs use batteries in series.

Beyond that I may still order a set of either of these to try out on mine. I typically run either the IPV4 or more lately, the IPV3li at 100j with the Zephyrus and wouldn't mind a bit more life.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Just to note, series configurations double voltage and not amperage so the battery amp limit you are getting is not doubled. The IPVs use batteries in series.

Beyond that I may still order a set of either of these to try out on mine. I typically run either the IPV4 or more lately, the IPV3li at 100j with the Zephyrus and wouldn't mind a bit more life.
In a mech, sure, but in a regulated device the chip determines the voltage. Series simply means that the chip most likely only bucks the voltage, in contrast to parallel mods which boost (and possibly buck). With a regulated mod a 3.5v draw is 3.5v whether your batteries are in series or parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread