San Diego ABC 10News to do independent study on ecigs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
....in the lab run by Prue Talbot. :(

Team 10 found a highly specialized lab – one of the first in the country – to test e-cigarettes. Scientist Prue Talbot and her researchers at University of California Riverside conducted recent tests and tested an e-cigarette bought from a San Diego drug store.

Those of you familiar with Prue Talbot's history concerning ecigs already know how impartial her "results" will be.

http:// www. 10news. com /news/investigations/e-cigarettes-under-fire-by-critics-team-10-tests-the-vapor-01292014

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Prue Talbot
1-Shock.jpg

For the benefit of newer members who might not be familiar with Prue Talbot ...
Searching our forum "Prue Talbot" ... Click Here

Quoting Placebo Effect ...
Prue Talbot adds to her extensive 'research' of e-cigarettes, all of which
she has done seemingly without ever seeking to meet a single e-cigarette user.

She's a real piece of
1-Censored_zpse525d532.gif

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
....in the lab run by Prue Talbot. :(

Those of you familiar with Prue Talbot's history concerning ecigs already know how impartial her "results" will be.

http:// www. 10news. com /news/investigations/e-cigarettes-under-fire-by-critics-team-10-tests-the-vapor-01292014
That comes as no surprise, as abc, NBC, CBS, CNN, and so many are bought and paid for stations. They blackout real news, distract with stupid news, & promote propaganda, according to most people who seek truths.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It appears the "results" of this study were supposed to be on the news LAST night?
I called them and it appears this segment will be airing tonight at 6pm and 11pm.

The contact for this piece is Cristin Severance...
cristin.severance@10news.com

I left her a voice mail, and I'm taping the 6pm segment...

Given that Prue Talbot is involved, I have no doubt it will be as bad as it can be.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I called them and it appears this segment will be airing tonight at 6pm and 11pm.

Given that Prue Talbot is involved, I have no doubt it will be as bad as it can be.

Uncle!! Let us hear it, we're as ready as we'll ever be, which is never, so let's get on with it and get it over with already. But be gentle...

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA

For those of us in other parts of the country, could you give us an update when you get a chance? Thanks in advance.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
OK the results from the study are in. You can see it in the same link as the original post. Just scroll down in the article.

Here are some highlights:

The first test was done on the e-cigarette "Smoking Everywhere Platinum." It is made in China and available online. It is distributed out of Florida across the United States.

Results

The liquid that is heated and turns into a vapor is put inside of a centrifuge and spun. What resulted was a small metal pellet.

"There is quite a bit of tin. Most of this material is composed of tin," said Talbot. "There is also some oxygen, some copper and some nickel."

The electronic microscope revealed a possible source for the tin was the solder used to cover the wires inside of the e-cigarette.

"A lot of the solder seems to have come off, some of it has spread and come off and melted on the side," said Talbot.

"They smoke differently," said Talbot. "They seemed to be manufactured differently. There are many different styles. There are many different models. There is no such thing as a single e-cigarette."

For the second test, Talbot's team looked at the Mistic e-cigarette, a brand Team 10 purchased at a local drug store.

In the "spin" test, no tin was found because there were no solder joints used in this brand.

What the cigarette machines found while puffing on the Mistic e-cigarettes were low concentrations of copper, calcium and potassium, but Talbot says more research is needed.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Thanks for posting. I figured as much. She has no idea about dry burning, resting the filler for re wicking before taking another hit, etc. Did she even use the battery or did she just toss the carto into the microwave lol. She brings up more questions than the answered.
Yep, SE filed in 2012, they were one of those co that kept charging CC or something. My memory is faulty tho, hopefully someone can clarify. That carto must have sat on her dashboard for 2 years no doubt...

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
A news station and the PruBot hooked up. I wonder who first contacted whom...?

Smoking Everywhere? That's the best product they could come up with to test? :facepalm: (I may have to bookmark the article, tho, simply because it's a masterpiece of ANTZ rhetoric. And all those scary pictures! Oh my!)

Checked out the webpage forward and backward and couldn't find any poll? Has it been deleted?

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Yey! another revealing study from PrueBot and her puppet master The Gland. What bugs me the most in this whole thing isn't the mindless propaganda, the shameless lies, or the junk research, but rather the fact that they call themselves "scientists". If that's what scientist means, I'm gonna have to find another title for what I do.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
A news station and the PruBot hooked up. I wonder who first contacted whom...?

Smoking Everywhere? That's the best product they could come up with to test? :facepalm: (I may have to bookmark the article, tho, simply because it's a masterpiece of ANTZ rhetoric. And all those scary pictures! Oh my!)

Checked out the webpage forward and backward and couldn't find any poll? Has it been deleted?
Smoking Everywhere cartridge, the only place they have ever found any diethylene glycol.
An astute choice by the Pruebot. Well played indeed.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yey! another revealing study from PrueBot and her puppet master The Gland. What bugs me the most in this whole thing isn't the mindless propaganda, the shameless lies, or the junk research, but rather the fact that they call themselves "scientists". If that's what scientist means, I'm gonna have to find another title for what I do.

They are indeed scientists, political scientists. They're well studied in the art of propaganda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread