San Diego Trolley Vaping Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Couldn't find an open thread on San Diego bans, the city council lumped vaping with smoking last year, old news ...

It took almost a year for the Metropolitan Transit System to jump on the bandwagon ...

E-Cigarettes Banned From San Diego Bus, Trolley Stations | KPBS

Anyone who rides the MTS trolley knows that its primary purpose seems to be to shift San Diego's large homeless population around the city, and smoking on the trolley is still fairly common ...

The transit cops (mall cops on a train) do not even bother to confront the homeless on the platforms about smoking, since issuing a citation to an indigent person is a waste of time. They do however target anyone who appears capable of paying a fine, and lurk in the shadows to do so, then appear in groups of two or three to perform their revenue collection duties ...

This vaping ban will certainly increase their opportunities to fulfill their primary function ...

Just last week I witnessed an interesting drama play out. A guy on the trolley platform was openly vaping. As I glanced through the window, his entire head and shoulders disappeared in a massive plume, which of course dissipated in seconds. He slipped a large mod back into his pocket as a transit cop approached, and strolled away toward the parking lot. No evidence, no crime ...

I'm not so bold, and stealth vape on the platforms and the train with impunity ...

I do wish the MTS had not wasted their efforts on a "vaping ban", and had addressed the very real problem of people who relieve themselves in the seat cushions ... :( :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread