San Francisco's fate - is it coming elsewhere too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airidosas252

Jan 23, 2019
Šiauliai
Due to recent news, some bigger countries are getting brave enough to put vaping outside legal "things to do" list. I'm getting worried, that this would touch other places as well. You know, how world works.
Europe is already getting decimated regarding vaping authorities and there's been some talks about banning this here as well. (I'm European too, vaping for quite a while)
Man, if this is how Big Tobacco fights this war, then it's sad news. Shoving money to the gov just so they can exist.
UK already has done so much to the community and nobody listens to them, it's like nobody cares about health at all.
One lady just said, that she would listen to whatever propaganda BS is flowing through news channels than the actual true deal. Brain washing people? Yes.
What is your opinion on all of this?

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    if this is how Big Tobacco fights this war, then it's sad news. Shoving money to the gov just so they can exist

Most if not all major Big Tobacco companies already have either vape brands or HNB brands or both. They understand that the future is with vaping anyways. Like I bet Altria is not very happy with what is happening in SF now as they own one third of Juul.
    I guess the most evil is Big Pharma now. They need millions of ppl with cancer and smoking related diseases every year so they could sell their pills to everyone making even more money than BigT.

airidosas252

Jan 23, 2019
    Šiauliai
    You're so right about Big Pharma.
    Here, where I live, Prime Minister of Health Department suggested that tobacco and e-cig products should be hidden from people and only banners with something like "we are selling e-cigarette products" on the shops should be allowed. If a customer is inclined to buy something, he needs to ask a clerk for something he wants. That's ridiculous.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Due to recent news, some bigger countries are getting brave enough to put vaping outside legal "things to do" list. I'm getting worried, that this would touch other places as well. You know, how world works.
    Europe is already getting decimated regarding vaping authorities and there's been some talks about banning this here as well. (I'm European too, vaping for quite a while)
    Man, if this is how Big Tobacco fights this war, then it's sad news. Shoving money to the gov just so they can exist.
    UK already has done so much to the community and nobody listens to them, it's like nobody cares about health at all.
    One lady just said, that she would listen to whatever propaganda BS is flowing through news channels than the actual true deal. Brain washing people? Yes.

divide et impera - Philip II of Macedon ~350 BC
    panem et circenses - Juvenal ~1 AD.

And the beat goes on...

Cheers
    I

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    tobacco and e-cig products should be hidden from people and only banners with something like "we are selling e-cigarette products" o

Cool that should work. We al know teens can't read banners.

And, if common core continues teens may not be able to read, period.

I'm just waiting, hoping, praying of the pendulum swing as I stockpile like crazy.

To be fair, it's a good time to stockpile I am TOTALLY happy with the vape equipment I use.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    So while SF enacted their ludicrous ban, can't a person just take BART to Oakland and get what they want? In which case, what did they prove aside from their commitment to control every aspect of their residents lives (other than all the homeless who can do whatever)?

It could be an interesting case study to demonstrate how pointless such bans are. Glad the test is there and not where I live.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Conventional wisdom would dictate for us to be prepared for the vapocalypse. I prepared for the worse case scenario a few years ago as I saw all of this becoming a possibility then.

At least know how to make your own e-liquid. It's not all that hard, and once you get your basic supplies you can save a ton of money making your own e-liquid.

Know how to wrap your own coils (rebuildables). Get an RDA and research what supplies you need (wire, tools, wick material) and learn how to "rebuild". That way if replaceable coils become hard to get you can continue to vape.

I know how to make my own e-liquids, although for the time being I prefer using pre-made commercial e-liquid. Pg, Vg, and flavor concentrates will always be available because they are used in other industries.

I know how to make my own coils, although for the time being I prefer the convenience of using factory made coils.

I have a slew of regulated mods and a trusty mech mod in my arsenal. I would imagine 18650 batteries will always be available for sale as they are used for other devices.

Liquid nicotine may be the one thing that could become scarce to find. Many folks are stockpiling nicotine and storing it in freezers.

Although I love a bit of nicotine in my vape, I imagine I could get by without it. My habit now seems to be more the behavior habit of "hand to mouth" and craving to "inhale & exhale" more than the drug dependence of nicotine.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I would imagine 18650 batteries will always be available for sale as they are used for other devices.
    I can imagine the day when some federal regulatory agency (probably not the FDA) decides that loose li-ion cells are too dangerous to be sold to consumers.

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    Nope, that's under the purview of the crippled CPSC. I also think that an awful lot of people would be miffed if they couldn't buy batteries for their flashlights. If you've never been, you should visit a flashlight forum sometime. We aren't even serious about this, compared to them.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    The part that is even more troubling is how they justified doing it. They manipulated statistics to point to a 'epidemic' of ecig use among youth that simply doesn't exist.

Does the reported 11% youth use of vapor products really qualify as an epidemic? This is, of course, subject to the legitimacy of such claims in the first place. However, If you look at the same report more closely you find that less than 4% contained any nicotine at all which is the supposed basis of their concern ... keeping kids from getting hooked on nicotine. They also fail to mention that, again, less than 4% of those surveyed used them more a couple times a week and less than 2% used them on a daily basis.

This is not an epidemic, this is nothing more than kids being kids, vaping on the weekend while they try to entertain themselves. To make matters even worse, they ignore the corresponding drop in youth smoking rates. Kids who would normally pick up a cigarette are now choosing to vape instead and in what reality should that not be considered a positive? You have to wonder why they would rather have them smoke than vape.

Even sadder still is that most are too busy posting irrelevant details of their lives or reading about the same of others to actually do any fact checking of their own. The concept of freedom is only pertinent to them when it impedes their ability to pick up a latte at the corner Starbucks.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

As long as the Vast Majority of e-Cigarette User's, Retailers, and OEMs just sit back and watch things happen, I think things are going to get Worse, MUCH Worse, before they get any better.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    So while SF enacted their ludicrous ban, can't a person just take BART to Oakland and get what they want? In which case, what did they prove aside from their commitment to control every aspect of their residents lives (other than all the homeless who can do whatever)?

It could be an interesting case study to demonstrate how pointless such bans are. Glad the test is there and not where I live.

That ban doesn't take effect until sometime next year. Looks like there will be a ballot measure in November to overturn it. But can't count on the lemmings voting to overthrow the ban.

Flavored ejuice other than tobacco flavor and flavored cigarettes are already banned. Yes you can go to Oakland, Daly City and get whatever you like.

To get around the flavor ejuice ban. Vape shops sell flavored ejuice 0 MG nic and then sell add in for nicotine. Most sell these pre measured add ins.
    Concentrated Nicotine Solution Packets | Liquid Nicotine

Not sure what the new e-cigarette ban covers but think it only covers juul, vuse, etc. I don't care about the juice as I mix my own and have enough nicotine on hand to last several years

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Here's a reality. Freedoms are not absolute and infinite. For every freedom granted, someone else loses a freedom.

Some in SF decided that the greater good called for freedom from smelling chocolate marshmallow brownie or pink lemonade mango.
    But yet, they are allowed to bathe in perfume...

And as someone who has had their right to a speedy trial denied, I can attest that no right is absolute.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread