• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sanders saw Islamophobia and intolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Bernie Sanders's Religious Test for Christians in Public Office

Article VI of the U.S. Constitution states that “no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.” On Wednesday, Senator Bernie Sanders flirted with the boundaries of this rule during a confirmation hearing for Russell Vought, President Trump’s nominee for deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget .

In John 8:19, “Jesus answered, ‘You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” In Luke 10:16, Jesus says, “The one who rejects me rejects him who sent me.” And in John 3:18, Jesus says, “Whoever believes in [the Son] is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.”

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Bernie Sanders’s Religious Test

I hate to say it, but … this is how we got Trump. Yes, many conservative Christians voted for Trump enthusiastically. But I know many more who voted for Trump with heavy hearts because they were afraid of exactly what Bernie Sanders did here. That is, they fear — reasonably — that the Democratic Party leadership is so hidebound to militant secularism that a Hillary Clinton presidency would have worked to marginalize professing orthodox Christians even further.

Can you blame them? There are orthodox Christian believers who are tired of the Republican Party, and would be open to voting for the Democrats — but not at the expense of their religious liberty.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    If you look at the Drudge Report today, there is a 'main article' about preachers meeting at the White House to pray and lay hands on President Trump in the oval office. I don't remember reading that any other sitting Presidents has had that happen. Yes, I voted for President Trump and I'd do it again! I have never seen the people of this country act so childish about him. I don't know how he takes it day after day. We need to keep praying for him. It's like a lynch mob out there!!!!:(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread