Sanding copper bottom contact pin (VapeTech Pegasus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
I recently bought VapeTech's copper pegasus clone. It looks great, very low voltage drop (0.10) and hits great. I've had it about a month now and have discovered 2 problems:

1. The bottom contact pin is way too thick. It's one of the ones that has the slit for tightening with a flathead screwdriver. So when I put the button on the bottom of the mod and insert a battery, the button will only move a fraction of a mm before it fires. I've put several different size magnets and springs in, but it doesn't matter. The problem is on the top of the bottom contact pin. It's so thick that there isn't any room for it to move before contacting the battery. It doesn't misfire or anything, it just doesn't feel right when you only need to barely touch the button for it to fire.

I tried to put the bottom contact pin on the top and the top contact pin on the bottom, but for some crazy reason, the threading is different, so that doesn't work.

Also, the button unscrews itself all the time while I'm using it. I have to spin the button clockwise to get it to screw back in. And I tighten it down as hard as I can when I'm putting it together.

2. The top floating contact pin has starting falling out when I remove the battery. It's not so loose that it won't stay in place, but it does tend to fall out regularly after using the mod for a while. RBAVapor sells copper contact pins for the VapeTech pegasus, so I'm guessing that might fix that, but I'm kinda disappointed in the problems I'm having with this clone. It's suppose to be solid clone, at least according to the reviews I read.

I contacted RBAVapor(which is where I purchased it from) and they responded very quickly. The guy told me that he checked and I was right, the bottom contact pin is way too big and the manufacturer made a mistake. He is going to contact them to try and see if they can fix the problem.

For the time being, I'm using one of the contact pins from my Changeling clone for the bottom contact pin the Pegasus. It has a much smaller diameter than the one that came with my Peggy, but it works and the button has a much better throw than before. I'm using the thick contact from the Pegasus as the top contact pin on the Changeling and it works fine as well.

The reason I started this thread is to ask about sanding the original bottom contact pin in the Pegasus. Has anyone done that? I would go right ahead and try it, but I'm worried that it won't be perfectly even. When I'm testing the voltage drop in my mods, it amazes me the difference it makes when you press the button in the center compared to pushing it from the side or not directly in the center. So I'm wondering if I should try sanding it or not.

Please lmk what your thoughts are.

Thanks

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
Also, I can't find the magnets for this mod. I have the authentic Pegasus B&M 26650 mod and purchased some extra magnets from Olympus Creations and they work great in my Pegasus B&M and my Changeling clone. But they are a little to wide to fit in the VapeTech Pegasus clone. I checked with K&J Magnets (?) and they don't carry that exact size.

No matter how hard I try, I seem to break those magnets all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread