RDA Sapor RDA by Wotofo

Status
Not open for further replies.

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
I'm fairly certain that the 610 pin is adjustable, so you should be able to just unscrew the 510 pin to make up for the lack of connection. Hope that helps = ]
Edit: whoops, I was confusing it with another atty I got at the same time that DOES have an adjustable 510 pin, nvmd. Sounds like you may have received a defective product with a QC issue. Maybe try getting the distributor you purchased it from to swap it out for a new one.mworth a try at least...good luck = ]

Yeah, it works great on my regulated devices (SX Mini and a Sig 150) so I just decided to roll with it. For the price, I wasn't expecting much to begin with, and I knew that there would be some new hawtness coming down the road soon enough that I would begin to covet. Wasn't worth any time of effort beyond messing about in my living room with the atty's on a Wednesday night or what ever. Do like the stainless steel on my SXM though, makes it look like it's wearing a hat :)

Reactions: sahsah

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Yeah, it works great on my regulated devices (SX Mini and a Sig 150) so I just decided to roll with it. For the price, I wasn't expecting much to begin with, and I knew that there would be some new hawtness coming down the road soon enough that I would begin to covet. Wasn't worth any time of effort beyond messing about in my living room with the atty's on a Wednesday night or what ever. Do like the stainless steel on my SXM though, makes it look like it's wearing a hat :)
I just missed out on an SX Mini M for $99. So instead I ordered a Reuleaux for $135 (20% off) with 3 batteries included. Odd that it worked well on a reg'd mod, cause I threw mine on an ipv4 at 75w and it blew the second sapor's insulator.

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
I just missed out on an SX Mini M for $99. So instead I ordered a Reuleaux for $135 (20% off) with 3 batteries included. Odd that it worked well on a reg'd mod, cause I threw mine on an ipv4 at 75w and it blew the second sapor's insulator.

Dang, that's a great price! Way less than I paid, though I haven't regretted paying so much for mine.

As for my Sapor not working, I think since it's a SMPL mech clone with no center pin vs. regulated devices with spring loaded 510 connectors is the reason. Just doesn't quite reach on the SMPL clone is all

Reactions: sahsah

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
I'm fairly certain that the 610 pin is adjustable, so you should be able to just unscrew the 510 pin to make up for the lack of connection. Hope that helps = ]
Edit: whoops, I was confusing it with another atty I got at the same time that DOES have an adjustable 510 pin, nvmd. Sounds like you may have received a defective product with a QC issue. Maybe try getting the distributor you purchased it from to swap it out for a new one.mworth a try at least...good luck = ]
Whoops typo, I meant 510 pin, just noticed this lol

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
I started this thread back in July and I'm glad to see it still has some steam.

The Sapor still sits atop my main rig and is my favorite dripper to date. That is the longest and atty has reigned in my Vaping career. I wonder if a sequel is in the works.
Ya, I totally agree. I've been completely blown away by the sapor's amazing Vape experience, flavor, vapor, and never leaking are always a winning combination in my book.
The only issue keeping me from crowning it the greatest device the Vape scene has ever experienced is how the grub screws keep stripping after like two weeks, SMH
I keep having to buy new sapor's just so I can securely fasten down my leads. And ....ing Wotofo is committed to ignoring all of my emails requesting screw or hex key sizes so that I can try to source replacements. I've literally spent dozens of hours in hardware shops, Home Depots, and hobby stores trying to fit the device...but I've had no luck as of yet.
I believe I've narrowed it down to either 1/16 SAE OR 1.5 metric
=\
If anyone can offer any informed and accurate advice or information I'd be eternally grateful.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
@Steelgirl I think I might need to pull mine up a little bit more but I don't know for sure. Honestly my vape/flavor production is about the same if not slightly worse then my Subtank mini so at the moment I am disappointed but I still haven't found my wattage sweet spot yet for the .3 ohm coils I am running, been using steam engine, and still a very slow process.
try using the heat flux part of steam engine. You're going to want to be somewhere around the 200 score, give or take about 30 points depending on personal preference. For a .30 ohm setup (I'm assuming this is dual coil because the sapor is only dual coil) you're going to want to be pumping around 40-55 watts, just start at 40 and adjust by taste, should literally take less than a minute to find the builds sweet spot for wattage...hope that helps, let us know if you need any more help, good luck = ]

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
My first clapton and it is a stupid creation made of 24/26 2.5 ID 5 wraps .44ohm. Flavor is great on the single. Would have made a dual but botched a couple of times and don't feel like messing with it right now.
Actually...
I might do it now...

Edit: 1hr later...
I did it but the second coil is kind of ..... It works though and is at .22ohm and working well at 4 volts. Tears through the juice like crazy...
Ya, that's one of the main things I dislike about Clapton coils...every time I've tried to revisit them, since SOOO many vapers rave about how well they perform, I've just been disappointed. IMO they simply run too hot and go through juice too quickly. Also, bc they are so hot I don't even get good flavor off of them, just heat, ramp up time, and nearly every drag refilling, smfh...
Honestly they are just impressive to look at not to vape, more of an "Instagram build", if you know what I mean lol

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Considering all of the problems with the Aeolus v2 Pro, I'm holding off on getting one for now until Syntheticloud releases a better or at least problems fixed version of it. So I've been considering buying a Sapor, as a local B&M has them for $30. Is it worth it? What's the biggest build (coil diameter wise) anyone's thrown in it? My go to coils are fused Claptons, framed Claptons, and I've been loving alien coils lately, but I'm concerned with the post hole size.
It may just me being impatient and not wanting to spend the extra $ on a Vector for the time being, but compared to the Vector and Aeolus V2, would it be worth it to pick one up until Syntheticloud gets their act straight?
Have you checkout the new Aeolus v2 lite. Honestly the exact same reason I went for the sapor as you described and it was the best Vape purchase, which there have been an embarrassingly high and frequent amount of, I have made in my nearly five years of Vaping = ]

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Just got this little beauty today... All I can say is WOW! Phenomenal vape and flavor. Leak proof and so easy to build. Love the little blue hex driver. WTG wotofo!
9fcf12620bc2629784bdd575d721661e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful setup you got there brother

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
I ordered one from element-vape on eBay this weekend for $23. I got the tracking number this morning then I just got an email from them saying they was going to ship it but they are going to list it as out of stock in black because the black one is defective and asked if I want a different color. I just asked for a refund I am lacking RDAs in black and think the black Sapor looks good.
Did they specify what was wrong with the black ones? I have a black one and no issues except the stripping screws but that seems to be a problem across the board with Allen screws this small, at least in the Vaping world. Who knows though, maybe they're all just using cheap screws and Allen keys =\

Unexist

Dec 23, 2015
Austria / STMK
Hey guys,

After being a ninja on this forum for almost half a year (read only) I thought it might be the time to register now and share my experiences with you :)

Don't you get really diluted flavor with the chuff cap?

Yes, you will definitely. I like this other driptip thingie that comes with the Sapor (not the 510 adapter).

I mainly use claptons and fused claptons in my RDAs but I've only tried regular claptons in my Sapor because I think some fused would barely fit in. Also i think it might be a pain in the ... when it comes to wicking and you do the scottish roll method like i always do.

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

After being a ninja on this forum for almost half a year (read only) I thought it might be the time to register now and share my experiences with you :)

Yes, you will definitely. I like this other driptip thingie that comes with the Sapor (not the 510 adapter).

I mainly use claptons and fused claptons in my RDAs but I've only tried regular claptons in my Sapor because I think some fused would barely fit in. Also i think it might be a pain in the ... when it comes to wicking and you do the scottish roll method like i always do.

Glad you finally spoke up, Friend :)

I find less flavor with the chuff as well, but I really enjoy the airflow it provides.

Man...I need to try those claptons out one day.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Nice to see this thread still going. The Sapor has kicked my Plume off the throne, finally. I spent a few months tinkering with builds, couldn't find the sweet spot, and ironically threw my Plume build in there and raised the coils so the mid-point is about even with the top of the posts. Wicked via Scottish Roll, and we have liftoff! Amazing flavor and vapor, and the ability to vape for a long time without dripping since it doesn't leak and has such a nice well.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I had to wait till Christmas morning for this bad boy. I threw a shabby build on it (one coil heats up a bit faster), and was initially disappointed. I tinkered with it a bit..... and I believe this might be my favorite dripper.

My number one dripper up to this point was the Vector, which I consider a flavor beast. It can get hot though when I chain vape heavy. This is not the case with the Sapor and it's wide drip tip. Flavor, in my opinion, is about the same on the Sapor.

I got mine in black and man it looks so sharp on my black Stingray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread