RDA Sapor vs Hastur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
I don't have either, probably pick up the Sapor. The sapor is a true top air flow rda while the hastur is side airflow like a regular rda just gets it air flow from the top then between the sides then deliver air on side of the coils. Hastur sounds like it maybe more restrictive Idk but I'm sure juice will collect between the sleeve and top cap. Taking off the cap could be a little juicy. I wouldn't mind both but will I pick up the Sapor instead.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
The machining on the Hastur is fine. At least on mine it is. Looks-wise, neither one is especially good but I'd have to agree that the Sapor is a bit more appealing. I'm interested in the Sapor but I can't imagine the vape between it and the Hastur are all that different so even though it's only $29.99 it's hard to justify buying it.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
I have a Hastur and really, really like it, it's second only to my Plume Veil that no dripper can seem to kick off the throne. My Sapor should be here on Friday so I'll throw identical builds in them this weekend and see what happens. It looks promising though. If I don't like it too much I'll probably mod it with negative post airflow like the Plume to see if that helps. Always wanted to try that with another RDA and this one seems like a prime candidate :headbang:

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Got my Sapor today and put it up against the Hastur, both with dual twisted 28ga coils, 8 wraps at 2mm. Vaped at 65 watts on an iPV3. Both don't leak, both have great flavor; the Sapor has more airflow at its wide open setting, and it also does not spit back at all. Plus you can't accidentally cover the airholes with your lips on the Sapor. Vapor production and throat hit also go to the Sapor. The Hastur is smaller and looks better to me, especially on a mech.

All things considered, I'm getting a more satisfying vape experience with the Sapor. Not by a whole lot, but enough to make it a clear winner IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread