Status
Not open for further replies.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , and sorry to hear your having issues with a supplier . In the future , try using one of the forum approved suppliers . If this one was , maybe send a pm to those in charge , and have them look into it . The little carto's / tanks your using , all usually leak at one time or another . Your best bet is to just get a regular map tank . They hold from 2 ml . on up to 8 or so . and most of them never leak . JMO

Direwolf_65

Oct 27, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks for your reply Renzuli! now do you mean to PM to those in charge here on the ECF or to the company I got them from?? I did check the suppliers list on ECF and they are on the list. I did send a email to them, told them the problem. First ones worked great, these two leak out of the box. They told me to try a few things and they did not work. Email them back told them it did not work. I think it maybe a factory problem. I have not heard nothing back from the supplier. My wife-to-be loved these things and was stocking up on them, filled the last two up, set them aside for her to put on her batt when she needed...came back to eliquid all over the place! filled them again, tried to use them and got eliquid all over my hand and my batt and it stay flooded. So, since they refuse to worry about their product or customer for that matter, I will find another supplier or something else that she can use and likes from somewhere else. Thanks again and Take Care!

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Thanks for your reply Renzuli! now do you mean to PM to those in charge here on the ECF or to the company I got them from?? I did check the suppliers list on ECF and they are on the list. I did send a email to them, told them the problem. First ones worked great, these two leak out of the box. They told me to try a few things and they did not work. Email them back told them it did not work. I think it maybe a factory problem. I have not heard nothing back from the supplier. My wife-to-be loved these things and was stocking up on them, filled the last two up, set them aside for her to put on her batt when she needed...came back to eliquid all over the place! filled them again, tried to use them and got eliquid all over my hand and my batt and it stay flooded. So, since they refuse to worry about their product or customer for that matter, I will find another supplier or something else that she can use and likes from somewhere else. Thanks again and Take Care!
Yeah , if the supplier doesn't make it right , lodge a complaint on the board . You could even go to the suppliers ECF forum, and complain there . They won't want that kind of publicity . Good luck

I just got a couple of these from GotVapes. I have only put 2 tanks through it, but so far it has been an awesome vape, even better than my go-to, a standard resistance eGo-T and 650 mah eGo battery.

I've had some apparent leaking issues... both times it was right after I filled the tank by using the little fill nipple. The airflow side of the plastic body filled with .1ml of juice or so... I was able to wrap it in a paper towel and carefully blow out of the battery end (liquid on the lips, ew -- you can place the whistle tip against the battery end gently and blow to prevent this), in order to clear most of the liquid out of the airflow channel.

After doing this and reattaching, I noticed some slight leakage, but it wasn't more than a drop and once I wiped that away, it didn't occur again until the next fill, so it may have just been whatever was left as a result of flooding the airflow channel.

From now on, I will be filling exclusively with a syringe... I think the little fill-nipple solution is too prone to accidentally letting liquid flow down the outside of the hole, into the airflow side, as there's only about 1mm of plastic between the edge of the fill hole and the side of the airflow.... and it's tough to notice when you're filling since it's all clear and you're trying to pay attention to the top where you're filling.... I'll let you know how that works out for me.

My suspicions were confirmed. I used a 1ml syringe with a blunt tipped needle this time, and I didn't have any problem with the airflow channel flooding.

Also, I've verified the best way to clear any liquid out of the airflow channel is to find the tiny pin-hole on the battery end and do your best to exclusively blow air through that... it means you can't use the whistle tip to prevent any liquid on your lips, so wipe it good first. Then carefully put the paper towel over the end of the airflow by the fill plug, and gently blow air throw that pin-hole. If you blow through the main hole as well, you can push juice from the atty back up into the tank.

If you're experiencing a lot of gurgling when you hit, you probably got liquid in the airflow, and it will probably leak, especially if you leave it upright.

Hope this helps! I'm loving these little things at the moment. Awesome clean, consistent hit, lots of vapor, strong TH, good flavor. Yum.:vapor:

Direwolf_65

Oct 27, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks for your reply and advice, they are always welcome. I have tried this also with no results, but ejuice everywhere. I have come to the conclusion that a seal was left out or something. I disliked the filler nipples that came with them also, and only used them once. But at any rate I think I will stick to the DCC's, I have better luck with them. :) But Thanks again and Take Care!

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Try a tank and cartomizer, madvapes has a really low cost one or you could just make one yerself out of a couple syringes.

Meant to add that a tank and carto are probably the least hassle vape you will get especcially if you buy pre slotted or drilled cartos, they cost a bit more but really is just paying for convenience.

wolfmaster

Jul 25, 2011
Upstate NY
I have used the original sapphires for about 10 weeks now. I initially had minor leaking issues, but they went away once I started filling with syringes. I am not sure why so many people hate them, I think it is a lot easier save for having to take the fill caps off the e-liquid bottles because the syringe doesnt fit.

Anyway, even though I try to dry burn in between fillings, It's hard due to the fact that there's always a little liquid left in the bottom so it's never really "dry". Too gradually to notice, it seemed to clog up, until a point where I could barely get any air through and very little vapor production. In a last ditch effort this weekend, I sucked from the threaded end and got a mouthful of e-liquid. Nothing appeared to happen. However now that some time has passed I noticed: one of them leaked an entire full tank into my pocket. The other one has continued to work better and better until now it seems to be better than when it was new!

What's the point of this rant. Sorry, I'm actually a little dizzy because I haven't got this good of a vape in weeks.

1) I'm wondering if there's an easy way to take these (either the 1.0 or 2.0) apart and maybe clean them regularly so this doesnt happen again.
2) As for the leaky one, is there any way to stop this?
3) I'm looking to buy something new. Definitely a tank, see-through, and larger capacity such as the sapphire. Any suggestions? I see there are two versions of the sapphire 2.0. What ohm resistance should I get? I have the e-power 18650 which is 3.7V and a large battery. I also have an automatic slim style battery (which I just dusted off for testing purposes, it's actually way better than I remember) which I think is also 3.7V but I don't remember off hand.

So any suggestions regarding the above are welcome. Thanks.

Direwolf_65

Oct 27, 2011
North Carolina
Well there is a video on youtube that shows a person taking one apart and putting it back together, you can try that. You can read posts that others have left here to try to stop it from leaking...I have not been able to yet, but maybe you will have better luck. I got a carto tank from Mad Vapes and a small tank from another supplier that is not on the list here. Both are the samething I just like the small tank better and like it better than the Sapphire. My other supplier stands behind everything he sells for 10 days after you get it. Also makes some pretty good ejuice. :) I liked the concept of the Sapphire ( or Bud) but I am unwilling to spend money on something that I have a 50/50 chance of working right! I have not tried the CE3's, similar concept, but I am thinking about it. But besides here, try youtube for some video reviews. Both have helped me out alot. Take Care!

TNT420

Jan 30, 2012
nj
okay so i haven't posted or been a member long but iv been vamping a year and decided that these bud sapphires suck right out of the box..... well I've been looking into all different kinds of styles of vamping recently I've purchased some smart vales 1.8 dripping atomizers and th vapemate juice feed system so while I'm waiting I've been trying my luck with cheap stuff like bud sapphires and the vision extremes from gotvapes but have been using a week and really put through the tests and did some simple modifying adjustments. soooo i decided i liked the way the inside of the bud atomizer looked and was sett up so i chopped up the tube got rid of that inner airflow tube dropped a drip tip on it took of the rubber from the spike and reworked the spike with cep wick. fit a drip shield over the setup and ready to go. vales real sooth when you draw on it with huge primer puffs and another heavy hit. reminds me of the technique that is used for hh357. i can't believe I've been doing the cart style vamping the flavor sucks compared to minimal dripping

trio1980

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
United States
Sapphires have been my go to cart (although I am going back to smoktek LR for a bit atm). It took me a while to get used to the coolness of the vapor. i had the same issues with leaking and such. Finally figured out I wasnt seating the plug completely and was causing me all kinds of problems. Now if I could get the draw to not be quite so tight I would be in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread