Sapphire VG juice wicking remedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ngspotts

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Mission Viejo, CA
I had just received a couple sapphires and the new ego variable voltage battery and I was so excited I tore open the package and was filling one up before I even made it to the house. I use a really thick juice about 10% PG 90% VG. I gave it a good 5 minutes to wick (it seemed like forever) and started vaping. At first I was getting A very mellow almost flavorless vapor. I figured the atty just needed some breaking in so I kept at it. Still getting crappy vapor but now I was getting dry hits I was like WTF? So I remembered a video review about taking a couple of primer puffs before hand and i saw some tiny bubbles coming up from the juice, so tried that for about 10 min, still no bueno. So after sucking on this thing for like 20 min I was totally bummed. Just about to give up on these things till I noticed there was quite a bit of condensation built up in the airflow tube so I unscrewed the atty and blew into the mouthpiece. I noticed a huge bubble come up from the wick so I took a hit and BAMMM! Holy .... did not see that coming! Huge cloud of vapor full of flavor at 3.7v. Everything was all good from there on. Now when I vape these every 5 draws I give a primer blow (oh god here come the jokes) and watch the bubble come up and I'm in vaping heaven. When it comes time to clean I'll probably try an old ce2 wick see if that improves the wicking. Anyway I hope that helps any VG users out there who have not had any luck with these. Oh yeah the 2.2 ohms rock at 4.2v! :2cool:

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
a few tips for the sapphire.

If your filling it and as you fill it the air chamber is getting juice in it then its caused by one of 2 things:: Juice is seeping down your fill nipple or whatever method your using to fill it ans seeping into the air chamber which is next to the fill hole, to avoid this, tilt the sapphire sideways with the air chamber facing upwards, this way you cna see as you fill and avoid getting juice into the air chamber.

the second reason for others is when your filling the sapphire, if you press you bottle/pipette/fillnipple against the fill hole to tightly your locking out any air and when filling the pressure will cause the juice to go down and up into the air chamber so ease back and give it some room as you fill, if this happens, place your fill stem back on the sapphire and put your mouth on the connector portion and blow out the juice the was int he air chamber into a napkin and your all set.

If during a session with your Sapphire if for some reason juice magically gets into the air chamber when you vape, simply do the above and blow it out and it shouldn't occur again, this happens rarely and its easy to fix and doesnt seem to happen again.

When you initially fill the sapphire, give it some time to break in and perform, it will perform better as you break it in.

HERE IS A VERY IMPORTANT TIP::
If you screw on your sapphire to your device and your having a tight draw or dry hits right off the bat or right after a few puffs then check you device connector and its airslot and the hole on the sapphire by the connector, the hole on the connector of the sapphire should be close to a air vent of the 510 battery connector, some batteries like a hello 510 dont have any airvents and the sapphire will not work on it because there is no airflow, some have only 2 air vents, these do work fine when the sapphire is aligned properly but the preferred one is the connector with 4 slots for the best airlflow, you can also cut out extra slot to make yout battery have 4 slots and you can use a mini extender as well which gives it perfect airflow and there are other little tips for that which ill add later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread