• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sarasota County Vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Damn NO I haven't and I live in Sarasota County!

If you find info please holler. I would def go to any public hearings and have sat on local committees. I'll see if I can dig something up. Nice they try to sneak these in under our noses!

Thanks for the heads up! Off to search :)

I should be on CASAA's list for Florida too.

Edited to add: No upcoming commission meeting agendas posted yet. They've already had their meetings this month. I'm quite familiar with their system and will keep looking as I know how to slide into the draft area as well ;) I'm going to poke around a bit too. They're going to get tired of seeing me :) as I've been there before lol

**Just checked for draft agendas...not up yet. I'll keep monitoring!

Their meetings & agendas will be posted here:
http://scgov.net/meetingsagenda.asp

Last edited:

Ladylisa1965

Jul 7, 2010
From what i have heard it is in a silent voting session and if it makes it through this one it will be on the November ballets. Charlie Crisp was talking about this at a luncheon that was held at The Sarasota Rotary Club sometime recently. I was at Totally Wicked yesterday and their was a discussion going on about this also. So as i was told later in the day they are trying to regulate E-Cigarettes like regular cigarettes and they have no clue what direction they are even going for they can not figure out how to control the sales on this particular item. My uncle Burnis Drymon holds a seat in the Sarasota County Board of Directors and today when i was talking to him he has a 901 and he mentioned to me that they can not even come to and agreement on it now. So he said it is going to be squashed rather quickly because they have know clue as to what kind of laws are being broken.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
lol! Great info Lady!! Thanks for sharing. Sarasota should have it's hands full with enough crap that this shouldn't even be a precedent. They are very anti-smoking, you'd think they'd at least consider that this is NOT smoking, doesn't leave the butts on the beach they are so worried about.

If you hear any more news you care to share I'm all ears :D

Happy vaping!

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Good intel, ladies. Let me know if you need anything. CASAA is putting together a legislative packet that will combine several information pieces into a single PDF file that will be available to download and print, should you need to take info to a meeting. I'll post the link here when the doc is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread