Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
We went to a place called Hunt Club Farm today to grab a pumpkin for Halloween for the kids. I saw three people vaping away. One guy was using what looked lke a Zen but I was not close enough to see for sure. This was my first triple sighting ever. I have run into people vaping randomly but never seen three people vaping in the same place. Seems it is becoming more and more popular. :)

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
Running into a vaper is fun. It can get kinda lonely in the real world not knowing other
vapers.

I only have had a close encounter of the vape kind. I was in a grocery store parking lot
one day, and I saw an ecig plugged into the cigarette lighter of another car. I almost just
stood there until the person came back so we could chat, but I opted out. Don't want
a fellow vaper thinking he/she has a stalker. ;)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
We went to a place called Hunt Club Farm today to grab a pumpkin for Halloween for the kids. I saw three people vaping away. One guy was using what looked lke a Zen but I was not close enough to see for sure. This was my first triple sighting ever. I have run into people vaping randomly but never seen three people vaping in the same place. Seems it is becoming more and more popular. :)

Where are you at in Va Xander? Theres a vapemeet on November 3rd

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I've ran into a few others buying from the (evil, overpriced, rude owner, complete rip off) booth in my local mall. Before they started treating me like ...., i used to buy my cartomizers from them.. sometimes vaporers would come up to the booth and wait patiently to speak with the clerk after I had finished my purchase. I always stayed back and watched their purchase go down. It was always either an older, or middle aged woman or middle aged man... and they'd hold up their 510 so awkwardly and say "I need one of these thingies..." or "I need another one of these, it stopped charging" And I was always SOOOOOOOOO tempted to say "y'know, you can get a pack of 5 of those for $10-15 online instead of buying them here for $25.00..." But I couldn't, because I always wanted a job there. Unfortunately they began treating me terribly for seemingly no reason out of the blue one day (maybe they were jealous of my mod? or how I'd take the 306 casing off of the 306 atomizer I just bought, drip into it, put a drip tip on and walk away vaping huge plumes compared to their dinky 510 vapor? I guess their confusion enraged them lol) But yeah, thats it.

Other than that booth, I think I saw an old lady vaping in the walmart parking lot one time and I smiled and said "I vape too!" excitedly.. and she smiled and awkwardly turned her back to me lol. I think a lot of people that have "e-cigs" like Blus and the alike, from walmart or gas stations... They have no idea what "vaping" is. Maybe I should of said "I e-cig too!" lol

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I've been taking my eGo out a lot lately, along with my 18650 mode BOLT, and a lot of people have been giving me some FUNNY looks. I haven't really taken my bolt out much but when I do, I find I get less peculiar looks than when I'm vaping my eGo. You would think it'd be the opposite but its not. More people look at me with those strange eyes when I'm using the eGo. My theory is that when people see someone vaping from a big battery mod, they don't understand it one bit. They don't understand it at ALL. Not one teeny bit. They look at me vaping from a big fat 18650 mod and they say "hm idk what that is? an inhaler for medicine? I have no idea. whatever" and they don't think much of it, yknow? BUT when I'm vaping on an eGo device, you get more of the "IS THAT YOUNG MAN SMOKING IN HERE?" and "WHAT IS THAT? AN electronic cigarette? They make those!?" and "Is that a ......... vaporizer??" and similar things to these.

So in my experience, more people are intrigued and surprised by smaller eGo and 510 styled devices than they are from the big battery mods. And TRUST me, I have been getting some seriously funny looks using my eGo. I get MEAN, evil little stink eyes from people ...... off about me "smoking" inside... Or vaping by their children, haha.... And then I get intrigued looks like "what is that? is that a cigarette, or is that a e-cigarette? Weird!" haha... And then from some people, and this is actually pretty common, I've gotten it a LOT... I get these young woman in their 30's and early 40's, and they'll look at me and open their mouths in a big sort-of smile and i'll look at them and they will crumple one side of their lips and push that side of their face forward, as if to say "Ohhh what are youuu doooiiing little mannnn? your silllyy!!!! What is that!! u probably shouldn't be doing that silly boyy!" lol I love that look.

But my favorite is when I get the look from the young woman where they think I'm cheating the system or something haha. I get all these woman in their late 20's and 30's and early 40's and I look at them and I catch them shaking their heads at me. They are either smiling and shaking their heads or looking ...... off and shaking their heads, but I do get a lot of head shaking when I'm out vaping in public and in stores, haha. Funny stuff.

Gott Love It.

Last edited:

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
I've been taking my eGo out a lot lately, along with my 18650 mode BOLT, and a lot of people have been giving me some FUNNY looks. I haven't really taken my bolt out much but when I do, I find I get less peculiar looks than when I'm vaping my eGo. You would think it'd be the opposite but its not. More people look at me with those strange eyes when I'm using the eGo. My theory is that when people see someone vaping from a big battery mod, they don't understand it one bit. They don't understand it at ALL. Not one teeny bit. They look at me vaping from a big fat 18650 mod and they say "hm idk what that is? an inhaler for medicine? I have no idea. whatever" and they don't think much of it, yknow? BUT when I'm vaping on an eGo device, you get more of the "IS THAT YOUNG MAN SMOKING IN HERE?" and "WHAT IS THAT? AN electronic cigarette? They make those!?" and "Is that a ......... vaporizer??" and similar things to these.

Vaped openly in public on my eGo + tank for the first time yesterday. There was this old guy doing EXACTLY this. Like he was STARING at me, trying to figure out what I was doing ...

And then from some people, and this is actually pretty common, I've gotten it a LOT... I get these young woman in their 30's and early 40's, and they'll look at me and open their mouths in a big sort-of smile and i'll look at them and they will crumple one side of their lips and push that side of their face forward, as if to say "Ohhh what are youuu doooiiing little mannnn? your silllyy!!!! What is that!! u probably shouldn't be doing that silly boyy!" lol I love that look.

Sounds like an opening for a bright young lad. Can't wait to see that reaction.

cwolfman13

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2012
New Mexico
I've seen two in the last 4 days. What's funny is that the first one I saw was at Costco and vaping in the checkout line...and he was one of the owner's of Route 66 Vaport (local B&M). The other I saw while driving and he honked and gave me a cheers with his PV and I cheersed him back...and then we had a conversation later in the parking lot of Route 66 Vapor as that was where we both were headed when we crossed paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread