Saw RUSH Concert for 1st time last night WOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Hail to Canada!!!

Unbelievably, Rush opened up the 2010 Great Allentown Fair last night with their "Time Machine" tour. (1st Time they've been back in Allentown since 1980)
I've seen several concerts in my day, but, hands down, this was the BEST concert EVER(it was almost a religious experience). The show's 2nd set included their 1981, 4 time platnum hit album Moving Pictures, played in it's entirety!!!! Oh My God. Geddy's voice and Bass were outstanding, Peart was/is a God, and Alex Lifeson is the most underated guitarist on the planet. The most talented and technically PERFECT musicians I've witnessed.

Please, if you're a Rush fan(or even if your not and you just love music), go onto youtube and search "Rush Allentown 8/31/10" or other variations to catch just a bit of the musical nirvana I experienced last night. Or if they're coming to a venue near you in the near future, GET TICKETS!!!!! Again GET TICKETS!!!!

Last edited:

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I'm jealous. I've seen them every time they've been to Detroit since 1989. They never disappoint.

For some reason this tour is not coming here. I am majorly ....... First time I've ever seen them not come to Detroit. I do notice they are playing some different types of venues lately though.

C'mon Rush. It's not too late. add the motor city to the tour!

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I'm jealous. I've seen them every time they've been to Detroit since 1989. They never disappoint.

For some reason this tour is not coming here. I am majorly ....... First time I've ever seen them not come to Detroit. I do notice they are playing some different types of venues lately though.

C'mon Rush. It's not too lare. add the motor city to the tour!

Take a road trip if you have to, it'll be worth it.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Take a road trip if you have to, it'll be worth it.

I see they're in South America in Oct. Buenos Aries would be so cool. Or anywhere down there. If you haven't seen their Rush in Rio DVD get it. Well over 60,000 Brazilian fans going nuts at one of their soccer stadiums. Other than the Montreal 1980 video, this one is my fave.

saw them on July 23rd great show, saw them two years ago also for the Snakes and Arrows tour. That was my first Rush concert... I wrote a blog about the concert I saw in July, with a few pictures I took from lawn seats, along with a video of PRESTO, and the Drum Solo... http://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com/2010/07/rush-time-machine-tour.html
Saw Crosby Stills Nash, and Tom Petty and The Hearbreakers August 27th... kick ... show, but WAAAAAYYYY too many people.

Hey Rhetoric;
Great blog!!! The drum solo was almost the same in Allentown(Just completely awe-inspiring with the kit spinning around HIM), and when he went into the Buddy Rich Big Band tribute at the end of the solo, I almost lost it - just perfect.

Yeah both times I've seen his drum solos live it's jaw dropping. Same goes for any recording (Check out RUSH IN RIO dvd if you haven't seen it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread