SB switch housing question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Every once in a while I get to looking at the rather large switch housing portion of my silver bullet, and get to wondering what is in there. I know the switch and atty connector aren't possibly taking up the entire thing. I'm thinking there is the possibility of enough room in there for a small resistor or 5v regulator?

This is just an idea, and I haven't worked up the courage to take apart the housing to see what is in it, or what could be done in there.

Obviously, I'm thinking of using 2 CR123's or such, for 5v vaping rather than 6v or 7.4v as applicable.

I think it would be pretty cool, if this was possible. Anyone have any ideas? Or have you seen the inside of the housing with the switch out?

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Every once in a while I get to looking at the rather large switch housing portion of my silver bullet, and get to wondering what is in there. I know the switch and atty connector aren't possibly taking up the entire thing. I'm thinking there is the possibility of enough room in there for a small resistor or 5v regulator?

This is just an idea, and I haven't worked up the courage to take apart the housing to see what is in it, or what could be done in there.

Obviously, I'm thinking of using 2 CR123's or such, for 5v vaping rather than 6v or 7.4v as applicable.

I think it would be pretty cool, if this was possible. Anyone have any ideas? Or have you seen the inside of the housing with the switch out?
I have several of them, there is hardly enough room for much else in there. A few have been able to squeeze a diode in there to reduce the volage down. Odly enough the SB with an 801 is 5v loaded......

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
I have several of them, there is hardly enough room for much else in there. A few have been able to squeeze a diode in there to reduce the volage down. Odly enough the SB with an 801 is 5v loaded......

Are there pics or a howto on getting a diode in there? I don't care for 801's, even at high voltage, they just don't do anything for me. I like to use Kr8 carts for convenience, and they are superb at 5v. 6v and up make them a little... weird..

My 901's and 510's are great at 5v and still good at 6v, but I'm really wanting to do this so i can use my carto's at 5v...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread