The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SB verses GG

Discussion in 'AltSmoke' started by mwahle1, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mwahle1

mwahle1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL. USA
    I am going to buy either the SB of GG (transformer or Grant). I plan to mainly use at 6 volts with cartomizers. The SB is cheaper, but if money was not a concern, how do these compare in terms of quality craftsmanship and in terms of vaping. I know that both of these are quality items but if you had to choose one which one would “you” get and why?

How is using cartomizers with the SB (6 volts)?
    Note: (I do have the Xhaler and I like it with cartomizers)

And would you recommend the silver or black SB (I am leaning towards black).

Thanks

2. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    I'd personally buy the SB(black) and cartomizers with it for sure!
    IMO.

Cartos go good at 6v.. I like them at 5v better but 6v will do!

3. mwahle1

Nov 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL. USA
    I am leaning towards the SB, but how do you (doots) get 5 volts?

4. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    I dont use the SB at 5v. The GLV does 5v. I have a BB I use at 6v and it is a very well built PV>

I don't own the SB, but wish I did. I am assuming the SB is built much like the BB, its little sister which is one of the best built PVs I own.. The only drawback to me wiuth the BB is the CR2's you must use in it,

The SB doesnt use CR2s. They use the RCR123's which can use the lifePO4's chemistry battys. Might be my next purchase..

5. Stormynights

Stormynights Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2009
    Bristow, Ok.
    I have both the SB an the GG. I like the GG better. The SB is nice but I personally prefer the GG.

6. lotus14

lotus14 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    Why do you prefer the GG?

7. grimmer255

grimmer255 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

well i have a GGT, gg slim and SB and I prefer the SB. I ran into a lot of trouble with the GGT. I haven't ran into one problem with the SB and I have the first batch SB's using the 18500 battery. the SB is one solid beast.

8. DaMulta

DaMulta Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2009
    T-Town Oklahoma
    In all truths the SB is about 5v on load.

9. Stormynights

Mar 31, 2009
    Bristow, Ok.
    I prefer the size of the GG and the versatility. The SB is very nice though. I do wish mine had the vent holes though. Maybe they do now I don't know.

10. RIMP

RIMP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The sb vents thru the button:D
    RIMP:evil:

11. grimmer255

grimmer255 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

SB on load with attie is 3.34 using 3.7v 18500 batteries GG 3.35 using same fully charged 3.7v batteries.... 3.7v is 3.7v..... once the current hits the attie you lose voltage. with out attie 4.12 fully charged..... thats what I get when test atties and batteries.

12. Stormynights

Mar 31, 2009
    Bristow, Ok.
    Thank you for you reply. That is good to know. :)

13. DaMulta

Jun 18, 2009
    T-Town Oklahoma
    18650 battery can dish out more amps than say two CR123a batteries. There is a bigger hit in lose of voltage with the smaller 3v batteries. It's around 5v on load even tho fully charged batteries without load is about 7.2v.

14. mwahle1

Nov 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL. USA
    Thanks everybody for your advice.

I ended up purchasing the SB. I may have gone with the GGT if they were not out of stock and probably will get one in the future. I ordered the SB last night (Sunday) and later last night I received an email stating that they shipped it. That was fast. Looking forward in trying my new SB.

15. halopunker

halopunker Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2008
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Let us know how much you hate/enjoy it.

I think you'll hate it ;P Probably even throw it through a window or something. Just my guess lol

16. reeds101

reeds101 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2009
    Indiana
    I've read on here that some people hate the SB soo much that they run them over with their vehicle.:D:evil:

17. Stormynights

Mar 31, 2009
    Bristow, Ok.
    I think that was an accident. If you hate yours throw it my way. It will make a nice gift.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

18. DaMulta

Jun 18, 2009
    T-Town Oklahoma

I know I know!!!! Last time the button got stuck the windshield ended up being cracked...........8-o

lol the button never gets stuck

19. halopunker

halopunker Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2008
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Maybe I should've classified a 'open window' ;)

20. taukimada

taukimada Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2009
    Tullahoma, Tn
    i have both the original SB and i have a GGT...

they BOTH perform rather well equally... my main preference would be my SB as i prefr the 510 atomizer to the 901 on my GGT...

but that aside.... if i HAD to give up one of the two... GGT would have to go... it's nice.. but i have had a few minor issues with it.. my SB has been spot on every time i use it... never a misfire.. never any concrn of anything shorting out (other than the time i kinda goofed with the button housing inside)

my GGt i've had a few times where things dont sem to connect properly... the positive connectr for the atomizer seems slightly loose and does not always make a solid contact with he positive on the battery. leaving me having to readjust it ... now and then.. not a huge problem thus my unwillingness to simply toss it aside... it serves it's purpose at times :)

to let ya'll know... i had one of the prototype SB.. before anybody could buy them i wriggled my way in and got one to do a review of... and i'm happy to say i STILL love it and it performs just as well as it did the day i removed it from the packaging...

so a quick shoutout...

ROB... CHAD.. you guys ROCK!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.