SB verses GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
I am going to buy either the SB of GG (transformer or Grant). I plan to mainly use at 6 volts with cartomizers. The SB is cheaper, but if money was not a concern, how do these compare in terms of quality craftsmanship and in terms of vaping. I know that both of these are quality items but if you had to choose one which one would “you” get and why?

How is using cartomizers with the SB (6 volts)?
Note: (I do have the Xhaler and I like it with cartomizers)

And would you recommend the silver or black SB (I am leaning towards black).

Thanks

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I am leaning towards the SB, but how do you (doots) get 5 volts?

I dont use the SB at 5v. The GLV does 5v. I have a BB I use at 6v and it is a very well built PV>

I don't own the SB, but wish I did. I am assuming the SB is built much like the BB, its little sister which is one of the best built PVs I own.. The only drawback to me wiuth the BB is the CR2's you must use in it,

The SB doesnt use CR2s. They use the RCR123's which can use the lifePO4's chemistry battys. Might be my next purchase..

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
In all truths the SB is about 5v on load.

SB on load with attie is 3.34 using 3.7v 18500 batteries GG 3.35 using same fully charged 3.7v batteries.... 3.7v is 3.7v..... once the current hits the attie you lose voltage. with out attie 4.12 fully charged..... thats what I get when test atties and batteries.

Last edited:

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Thanks everybody for your advice.

I ended up purchasing the SB. I may have gone with the GGT if they were not out of stock and probably will get one in the future. I ordered the SB last night (Sunday) and later last night I received an email stating that they shipped it. That was fast. Looking forward in trying my new SB.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
i have both the original SB and i have a GGT...

they BOTH perform rather well equally... my main preference would be my SB as i prefr the 510 atomizer to the 901 on my GGT...

but that aside.... if i HAD to give up one of the two... GGT would have to go... it's nice.. but i have had a few minor issues with it.. my SB has been spot on every time i use it... never a misfire.. never any concrn of anything shorting out (other than the time i kinda goofed with the button housing inside)

my GGt i've had a few times where things dont sem to connect properly... the positive connectr for the atomizer seems slightly loose and does not always make a solid contact with he positive on the battery. leaving me having to readjust it ... now and then.. not a huge problem thus my unwillingness to simply toss it aside... it serves it's purpose at times :)

to let ya'll know... i had one of the prototype SB.. before anybody could buy them i wriggled my way in and got one to do a review of... and i'm happy to say i STILL love it and it performs just as well as it did the day i removed it from the packaging...

so a quick shoutout...

ROB... CHAD.. you guys ROCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread