Scar dual coil dripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsm3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
boise, id
Ok so I've searched and searched and can't find anyone who's used one. I found a few for the dual post scar (cyclone clone) but nothing on the dual coil setup with three posts? Anyone used one of these? Or no someone who has? I really like the single coil unit but curious about dual coil version. So chime in and give me any info you can. Thanks everyone!

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
never heard of it, but it doesn't really look like anything out of the ordinary. try searching for how to set up a dual-coil nimbus - the same basic principles will apply.

also, be careful. in case you don't know already, the resistance of a dual-coil is lower than the resistance of a single coil. i won't get into the actual formula, but just know that, assuming your coils are equal, your total resistance will be half the resistance of each. for example, if each coil is 1 ohm on its own, your dual-coil resistance would be .5 ohms.

jeffsm3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
boise, id
Thrasher good point. I have a single and I love it. Works very well. I usually wrap dual coils on it was just thinking if I could find one with three posts it'd help my eyes a bit.

Vapo jam. Yes I have a nimbus too. Great little dripper. I like the size of it. Thanks for the info also, important for people to understand how ohms and coils work along with batts. Safety is number 1, I've been doing this quite awhile so I know how important it is. Thank you for giving me the quick info duals, info is always helpful!

Thanks guys, if anyone has one let me know.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
jeffsm3, if you end up getting one of these, could you let us know how it vapes?
(We're talking about this one, right? The Scar Dual Coil RDA )
I've been very interested in getting one myself (I think it would look perfect on the vamo v3), but I've been hesitant as it would be my first dripper.
Should I start with something else?

huh, i was just looking at the linked page, and it says that this is just a dual-coil version of the octopus. i don't have any experience with the scar, but the octopus is one of my usual recommendations for a first rda, so i'd say go for it. it looks like it already comes with a coil or two (just like the octopus), so you should be good to go right off the bat.

one word of advice, though - when it comes time to rebuild, get comfortable building single coils before trying a dual-coil. there's absolutely nothing wrong with only using one coil, even on a device that's built to accept two.

Joshua Grench Moffett

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
A, A
I just got one today and I like it. Could definitely use more airholes though. I'm gonna have to get a better drill in order to drill out the original airhole and probably a second. (I like a very airy draw). It is really tight inside the cap so I may or may not even attempt dual coils. The metal is really thick though and hard to drill through. The airhole is on the bottom just like the octopus.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
I just got one today and I like it. Could definitely use more airholes though. I'm gonna have to get a better drill in order to drill out the original airhole and probably a second. (I like a very airy draw). It is really tight inside the cap so I may or may not even attempt dual coils. The metal is really thick though and hard to drill through. The airhole is on the bottom just like the octopus.

well, my advice would be to plug up the stock airholes and just drill a new hole higher up on the body at the same height as the coil. i have a friend who did this with his octopus - 2mm airhole right next to the coil. the draw is perfect for lung hits, and it puts out boatloads of vapor. if in the future you decide to build a dual-coil, you can just drill a second hole on the opposite side. just my 2c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread