Scaring People About e-Cigarettes: A Public Health Disgrace - Excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Hold on to your hats!
This is just about the BEST summary on e-cigarettes and the motives of the people who oppose them! And in a Health News Digest, no less!

Spread it far and wide, dears!

HealthNewsDigest.com
25 Jan 2015

Scaring People About e-Cigarettes: A Public Health Disgrace

http://www.healthnewsdigest.com/new...t-e-Cigarettes-A-Public-Health-Disgrace.shtml

"People can become addicted to nicotine from using e-cigs, and then may start using regular cigarettes." When this big lie was first uttered by a Federal official, a challenge was issued for him to name one single case of this occurring. He could not.

And then, the pamphlet holds that e-cigs do not help people quit smoking, which is an outrageous lie. If they didn't work, then Big Pharma and Big tobacco would not be so worried about them, would they? A corresponding falsehood is the contention that prescription meds are "very effective" at helping people quit.

So, it has come to this. A public health agency in our largest state is pursuing a course that will discourage its own citizens from using an effective means to stop smoking, while enriching itself on tobacco tax revenue, and being cheered on by mindless zealots. Why, it's almost as if they really didn't care about the people they have been hired to serve.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hold on to your hats!
This is just about the BEST summary on e-cigarettes and the motives of the people who oppose them! And in a Health News Digest, no less!

Spread it far and wide, dears!

HealthNewsDigest.com
25 Jan 2015

Scaring People About e-Cigarettes: A Public Health Disgrace

http://www.healthnewsdigest.com/new...t-e-Cigarettes-A-Public-Health-Disgrace.shtml

Good.... except the article helps to spread this lie:
"It is estimated that almost a half-million of us will succumb prematurely to smoking's deadly effects each year..."

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
From the pamphlet:

"The e-cigarette batteries are also poisonous if swallowed."

If you're swallowing e-cigarette batteries, I think the possibility of poison is the least of your concerns...

My goodness gracious!
I did not even read that drivel. But I do agree that swallowing any kind of battery might not be a good idea.
Now I WOULD say "how low can they sink?" but that would be silly. We know very well how low they sink in order to protect the smoking economy and their fat paychecks that depend on many people smoking.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
My goodness gracious!
I did not even read that drivel. But I do agree that swallowing any kind of battery might not be a good idea.
Now I WOULD say "how low can they sink?" but that would be silly. We know very well how low they sink in order to protect the smoking economy and their fat paychecks that depend on many people smoking.

Our tax dollars at work...

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
From the pamphlet:

If you're swallowing e-cigarette batteries, I think the possibility of poison is the least of your concerns...

But, but... the pretty battery colors - red, purple, green etc (and did you know you can get wraps for them too?) - are attractive to kids who might eat them, right? /s :facepalm:

The outrageous lies in that pamphlet really had my blood boiling.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
From the pamphlet:

It might be interesting to know relative statistics for other device similar battery misfortunes...swallowings, explosions, other unintended mishaps for laptops, cameras, cell phones, tablets, flashlights an on and on...

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
It might be interesting to know relative statistics for other device similar battery misfortunes...swallowings, explosions, other unintended mishaps for laptops, cameras, cell phones, tablets, flashlights an on and on...

I'd be especially interested to know what happens when toddlers swallow laptop batteries.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Michael Shaw sent me an e-mail today saying that this article on e-cigs generating more than 50,000 hits on the first day, which was the most ever for any article on Health News Digest.

I didn't see this thread (and I even looked for it) before posting another thread on this same article (that I was interviewed for) at
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...bout-e-cigarettes-public-health-disgrace.html

50,000 hits the same day? well, honor where honor is due :wub:
And well done indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread