• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Schedule F (Food & Drug Regulations): Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
Hey everyone. The following is being posted for your reference benefit. Schedule F is the schedule in the Canadian Food & Drug Regulations that details substances & ingredients that require a prescription to be purchased. It also lists (when applicable) the ways in which the applicable substance or ingredient is exempt from Schedule F.

The government page was recently moved; here now is the current link.

Food and Drug Regulations

Or you can copy & paste the link text at your leisure, below:
laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.,_c._870/page-502.html

---

Nicotine is exempt from Schedule F classification (as in it's legal, you don't need a prescription etc) - specifically, as follows. I'm quoting from the link above, in navy blue to distinguish it, and with bold emphasis on (d):

Nicotine and its salts, for human use, except

(a) in natural substances;

(b) in the form of a chewing gum containing 4 mg or less of nicotine per dosage unit;

(c) in the form of a transdermal patch with a delivery rate of 22 mg or less of nicotine per day;

(d) in a form to be administered orally by means of an inhalation device delivering 4 mg or less of nicotine per dosage unit; or

(e) in the form of a lozenge containing 4 mg or less of nicotine per dosage unit

Nicotine et ses sels, destinés à l’usage humain, sauf :

a) dans les substances naturelles;

b) sous forme de gomme à mâcher contenant 4 mg ou moins de nicotine par unité posologique;

c) sous forme de timbre cutané ayant un taux de libération de 22 mg ou moins de nicotine par jour;

d) sous une forme destinée à être administrée par voie orale au moyen d’un inhalateur libérant 4 mg ou moins de nicotine par unité posologique;

e) sous forme de pastille contenant 4 mg ou moins de nicotine par unité posologique

English & French, there you go.

None of us are getting anywhere near 4mg of nicotine in a drag on our PV's. A drag is a dose. Each time you take a drag, you receive a dose.

In other words, the nicotine you're enjoying in your e-juice is legal. Health Canada is lying when they say it's covered by the Food & Drug Regulations. It's specifically exempted in our case.

Hope you've found this reference enlightening. HC is violating Canadian law by attempting to restrict a substance that in this case is exempt from restriction. And they're doing it while Parliament is dissolved and all our MP's are temporarily focused on their respective election campaigns, rather than constituent complaints and issues. Are you angry? You should be.

Should you settle for being angry? No. We're going to find out precisely how to contact a good legal team about a class-action lawsuit against Health Canada. We won't rest until that's done. Due to our lack of funds, we're going to ask that legal team to take us on pro bono. We may have to ask several times; but eventually someone (hopefully someone good) will see the benefit to themselves in taking our case pro bono. This is going to be a big case, and a big win - for vapers. Because the law is on our side.

And while I'm at it, watch once more as Heston gives us the perfect response to HC:

HC is the ape.

Last edited:

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
Is a dose considered a pull, or how much is in the atty? if a tank holds 3ml, and the juice is 18mg/ml thats 54mg. of course that would take all day sometimes 2 to take, but they are being vague so they can take it to us if you know what I mean. Is a tank a dose? is 4 drops a dose or 4 doses? when you soak a cart, is that one dose or 10? and of course hc will say well we dont know how much nicotine your getting with each pull like they've done. They will argue all this to the max.

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
Ian dear, a drag is a dose. Every time you take a drag...you're receiving a dose. Numerous drags would equal numerous doses. Hope that clarifies things.

PeCrr.gif

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
Rach my love lol yeah I know that, you know that, would hc try to lie and twist things to their benefit? If you look at Robs letter from HC

Failure to cooperate with these requests will result in more stringent enforcement measures, such as seizures, in accordance with POL-0001: Compliance and Enforcement Policy

Lets look at that. Failure to cooperate with these requests, Its not a cease and desist or else letter its a request. I would be stretching this out forever. will result in more stringent enforcement measures, such as seizures Like what banning e cigs? its been done, banning nicotine, been done to, holding items in customs and confiscating them, thats being done as well. So they are threatening you with something they are already doing duh.

I dunno, I would be dodging hc at every corner if I could. Changing business names, get a post office box under an aka name. make myself untraceable. I had the very unfortunate experience of working for a scammer who inadvertently taught me how to be invisible. I didnt know he was a scammer at the time. So I think I would know how to stay invisable for a very long time and lose HC is I was a supplier. Easier said then done I know, but its a possibilty.

I am more then willing to fight the fight with you Rach my honey ;)

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
hc will argue and misconstrue what a dose is to benefit their decision. We can know hc follows what the fda does because they dont have a brain to think for themselves. Just gotta say screw you hc just like the vendors in the USA. Thats why in the USA you can get e-cigs in the mall, gas station, anywhere freely. We gotta stand up and say "were mad as hell and we arent gonna take this anymore" lol

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
I'm no expert on this but I believe 100% of the nicotine from the patch is absorbed, whereas an undetermined amount of nicotine is exhaled and not absorbed when vaping. So if you vaped 1mL of 21 mg juice in 24 hours, you wouldn't be getting near as much nic as a 21mg patch worn over 24 hours. Years of research and millions of dollars later they will be able to tell exactly how much gets absorbed when vaping, then we will be one step closer to market authorization, lol.

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
Nicoderm 21 mg/day: Each rectangular 22 cmsystem contains: nicotine 114 mg and provides 24 hour rate-controlled delivery of 21 mg/day to the patient.

so 114mg

So for someone who uses 18mg/ml of nic would have to go threw 6.3ml of juice in a day

now you are confusing me...how did we go from 21mg/day to 114mg?

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
now you are confusing me...how did we go from 21mg/day to 114mg?

Well it says right on the website each patch contains 114mg of nicotine, and you get 21mg each dose. It doesnt add up does it? They say each patch contains 114mg but it gives you 21mg in 24 hours. Do you wear the patch for 5 1/2 consecutive days?

Nicoderm 14 mg/day: Each rectangular 15 cmsystem contains: nicotine 78 mg and provides 24 hour rate-controlled delivery of 14 mg/day to the patient. Boxes of 7 with user's guide.

Confuses me all to hell. Does someone have knowledge about the patch that can clear this up for us please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread