Screwdriver Arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
My Screwdriver arrived this morning. Cheers Trog. :thumb:

1st impressions are are very nice feeling weight/quality of the body. A nice slow draw is producing good quality vapor and a nice throat hit from 24mg Riskee, and my 24mg minty/menthol that both arrived today too. The consistancy of vapor/hit is very nice. ;)

I feel confident that this device will replace all my 901's and free me from carrying car chargers, 4x901 batteries and my super mini with spare baterries. I almost skipped it due to the price tag but then considered the cost of replacing 901 batteries, inconvienience of carrying the batteries and chargers, and the frustration of failing batteries. I have also ordered a pack of 4 spare batteries from Ebay for around £10.

I may get some replacement platinum batteries to use on a night out instead of the SD but I can also have a TW/SD :D

Had a few analogs the last couple of days but now I feel prepared. Tomorrow is day 1.

Happy New Year :thumb:

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Right now on a juice hunt!
Replied to your juice topic. ;)

Having the confidence in battery life really does help. Takes the worry and stress out of it.

Just an update, I'm finding battery life great. All day on 1 charge then I usually swap them over when I get in from work and charge the spare over night. I do carry it with me the next day just in case. No drop off in vapour throughout the daily usage.

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Ok 10 day's in little update.

So far so good. :thumb:

Manual Switch/Button

From day 1 it felt as though the button needed a real good firm press to get the action although it now seems a lighter press will suffice. Is this the switch breaking in a little or my fingers getting stronger due to the workout. I think it has broken in a little and seems to function better. There has been the odd occasion where you take a nice long draw and get nothing but this is not very often maybe 2 or 3 times per day.

Battery Life

Ok I use this thing a lot, maybe more than I should but this is where the real deal comes into play. I don't carry a 901 with me anymore, just the SD, 1 spare battery, a few carts, atomisers and a couple of flavours of juice. I usually find I change the battery on an evening and charge the spare overnight. 1 battery last's me throughout the day without any issues whatsoever.
I also got 4 spare batteries and a charger that charges two at a time from an Ebay seller in Hong Kong. These are the 16340 cells, 3.7v 1000mah. The whole lot was around £10 shipped to the UK in ultra fast time. Faster than some UK sellers. I have charged and tested two of these batteries with the same results. If anyone wants the link for that listing give me a pm.

Overall.

If you are serious about replacing analogs with full time vaping then getting away from the stock batteries will save yourself a lot of stress. I lost several 901 batteries with sticky switches. The mod is well thought out and implemented. The price tag although it seems quite high at first glance is around the average cost of 3 901 kits. How many kits have you purchased to date?

The one atomiser that came with the SD is a true monster. So far it has had around 13ml of e-cigs minty menthol through it and it's still giving great vapor and hit. The other went south rather fast and Trog kindly offered to replace it although as a stock item they are really out of his control.

For me as a full time vaper, I need reliability. The SD delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread