Screwdriver MKII or Tornado (eGo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne

Jan 18, 2010
Pa
So I finally received my SD and had a couple of days to use it. The SD itself is awesome. It's well made, it looks good and feels good just to hold in your hand. I love the bottom button placement more than a side button. I can just pick it up and use it without having to rotate the button to a usable position. I did not find it to be cumbersome at all as someone else has stated above. In fact, it's smaller than I thought it would be. batteries have been outstanding. I'm getting around 10-12 hours of use before I swap them. The 901 atty is a different story. I'm having nothing but problems trying to use them with a cart. The only way I seem to get them to work is direct drip. The funny think is I posted for help on the TW forums and ended up being insulted by Trog. Actually we all were. LOL. I know he created the original SD but what does he have to do with TW?

Anyway, I cant wait till my 510 adapter gets here. I'll post another follow up once it arrives.

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
Ok, I've had the 510 for around 3 weeks and I'm tired of the constant battery swap dance. I also dont like the inconsistency of the unit. It seems you get around 4-5 really good hits with a fresh battery. After that it seems you have to draw a lot longer to get good vapor and TH. I need something else. After looking thru the forums and reviewing all the options I've narrowed it down to either the Tornado (eGo) or the Screwdriver MKII from Totally Wicked. Part of my decision was based on what is available now. I'd like a Prodigy V2 but dont realy want to wait 3 weeks for it to ship. Anyone have experience with these two models?

Thanks for any input.

BTW: 3 weeks of vaping and I'm down to less than 1 analog a day. Sometimes I just need a few puffs and I dont beat myself up because of it. Dam well beats the 30 per day I was at.
I enjoy and use the SD, from Totally Wicked, you won't go wrong with the PV.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
So I finally received my SD and had a couple of days to use it. The SD itself is awesome. It's well made, it looks good and feels good just to hold in your hand. I love the bottom button placement more than a side button. I can just pick it up and use it without having to rotate the button to a usable position. I did not find it to be cumbersome at all as someone else has stated above. In fact, it's smaller than I thought it would be. Batteries have been outstanding. I'm getting around 10-12 hours of use before I swap them. The 901 atty is a different story. I'm having nothing but problems trying to use them with a cart. The only way I seem to get them to work is direct drip. The funny think is I posted for help on the TW forums and ended up being insulted by Trog. Actually we all were. LOL. I know he created the original SD but what does he have to do with TW?

Anyway, I cant wait till my 510 adapter gets here. I'll post another follow up once it arrives.

Just wanted to say that I too am an SD lover...but I gave the 901 a long try but found it was just not reliable enough and converted my SD to a 510 with a relatively inexpensive adapter and now I love my SD...I should I now, after taking advantage of the special on cavecom.com/screwdriver ...2 SD bodies for the price of one, own 6 of them( 3 mk2 and 3 mk1(2 with the new switch)).

Wish you the best with your new PV!

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
So I finally received my SD and had a couple of days to use it. The SD itself is awesome. It's well made, it looks good and feels good just to hold in your hand. I love the bottom button placement more than a side button. I can just pick it up and use it without having to rotate the button to a usable position. I did not find it to be cumbersome at all as someone else has stated above. In fact, it's smaller than I thought it would be. Batteries have been outstanding. I'm getting around 10-12 hours of use before I swap them. The 901 atty is a different story. I'm having nothing but problems trying to use them with a cart. The only way I seem to get them to work is direct drip. The funny think is I posted for help on the TW forums and ended up being insulted by Trog. Actually we all were. LOL. I know he created the original SD but what does he have to do with TW?

Just wanted to say that I too am an SD lover...but I gave the 901 a long try but found it was just not reliable enough and converted my SD to a 510 with a relatively inexpensive adapter and now I love my SD...I should I now, after taking advantage of the special on cavecom.com/screwdriver ...2 SD bodies for the price of one, own 6 of them( 3 mk2 and 3 mk1(2 with the new switch)).

and like they say, "It simply works!"

Wish you the best with your new PV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread