Screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
The screwdriver has been with me for about 10 days now, not long enough to do a through test, but perhaps people may be interested in how it's changes my vaping habits.

I'll admit to being a gadget freak so in the six weeks or so I've been using e-cigs, I've accumulated a generic 901, generic pen, Janty Kissbox classic, Bling 2008 and off course the screwdriver.

The bling and Janty have now gone to good homes, more of that later.

The 901 was my favourite e-cig, small, convenient. It eats batteries however. I was never very happy with my generic penstyle until I changed to dripping rather than carts, it seemed much happier. The KB was nice, again I felt it had to be dripped to get the best out of it. The manual switch moved it to the top of the leader board.

The Bling and I never got on. It tasted like dog droppings sprinkled with TCP. Not for me.

The screwdriver is a completely different beast to all the others. You tell immediately because it doesn't come in a fancy box. The batteries are charged on arrival and within a few seconds you are up and running.

It is quite a shock to realise that this is a standard 901 atomiser as it simply outclasses everything else. That big battery does not drop much in voltage when the load is applied and it certainly shows. The Janty with a new and fully charged battery comes the closest but within a few minutes the gap widens.

A lot has been said about battery life, all I can do is report my findings. At home when a vape heavily it starts to drop off after about 7 hours. It is still vaping but the output is down slightly. At work where I am more discreet it lasts a full 9 hour shift.

I really liked the Janty but it was sitting unused so it went to a better home than I was offering. I still use the penstyle for dripping silly flavours. My 901 batteries are now all dead and wont be replaced.

The screwdriver isn't for everyone. Light vapers won't need it's battery life. Some might find it's manual switch offputting ( you quickly get used to it ) and for others it might just be too weird.

The heavier smokers will appreciate it. The vapour produced outclasses everything I've tried, and the battery life saves the usual nonsense of carrying batteries / chargers about. Quick note about the batteries is that they are widely used for other products and dirt cheap. I had actually ordered a set of batteries and charger from eBay for my torches and cameras, before the screwdriver arrived and was pleasantly surprised to find the screwdriver used the same battery.

The overall impression of the screwdriver is one of quality. You just don't get this with other e-cigs. The screwdriver is mainly sourced from Chinese parts but Trog and Co certainly know how to modify them.

It is expensive, no question, but it is hand built and properly engineered. If you were to ask me "Is it value for money?" The answer is, without a shadow of doubt, yes.

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
So glad you are still enjoying your screwdriver Pete, great review. I also love my 'new to me' kissbox, and I am looking after it well :) it has also encouraged me to give up the real cigs, five whole days now!! I think the screwdriver is a bit masculine for me but you never know, perhaps Trog will make one with flowers on, he he :)

Nosmo King

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Pete, thanks for the update on the screwdriver, like you I am also a bit of a gadget freak, I have a 901 which I like using when I'm out, I've started using a Janty KB for e-smoking in the evening at home, watching tv, reading the forum et al. I've just ordered a screwdriver to use at work, mainly because of the reduced need to keep changing batteries, plus the build quality is quite important to me at work, I work in heavy engineering, and it looks quite solidly made. :thumb:

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Trog will ship to the US, I think he has some over there already. The problem is getting one in the first place, the ones on eBay have gone. I think he intends to produce 10 a week so this is a small scale business.

So since the Screwdriver is only shipping from and to the UK, how can I even get one in the U.S.??

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Great news that you've given up on the real cigs:):)

Keep looking after my old kissbox !!

So glad you are still enjoying your screwdriver Pete, great review. I also love my 'new to me' kissbox, and I am looking after it well :) it has also encouraged me to give up the real cigs, five whole days now!! I think the screwdriver is a bit masculine for me but you never know, perhaps Trog will make one with flowers on, he he :)

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Okay great I'll shoot ya a message in the near future about ordering one. Thanks.

Oh and what would the total be with shipping and everything to Connecticut in the U.S.? (In U.S. dollars)

dunno it changes every day.. mostly in favour of the dollar at the moment.. paypal just converts it.. i assume we will be selling lots of screwdrivers to the US while the UK becomes of third world status.. he he he

we might even sell the odd one to china.. he he

trog

Dale

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Mt. Baldy, CA USA
Okay great I'll shoot ya a message in the near future about ordering one. Thanks.

Oh and what would the total be with shipping and everything to Connecticut in the U.S.? (In U.S. dollars)
On 10/28, the day I ordered, Trog's price of 99 GBP + 5 GPB postage and packing equaled $166.01 US, but Trog's right, it'll change day-to-day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread