• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Scripture Postings - As the Spirit moves you

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
I wanted to start a spot where everyone could post Scripture as often as the spirit moves them to do so. To exhort and uplift each other.
It is my hope that it will become the Christian version of the popular secular word games that are played on this forum.
So, my brethren, step forward and post to your hearts content as the Spirit moves you too.
I pray Lord that everyone who takes the time to post or to read your Word be blessed in every way, in Jesus's name.
Your will be done!

I will get it started:
(NIV)
Mat 5:23 Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has
something against you,
Mat 5:24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come
and offer your gift.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I wanted to start a spot where everyone could post Scripture as often as the spirit moves them to do so. To exhort and uplift each other.
It is my hope that it will become the Christian version of the popular secular word games that are played on this forum.
So, my brethren, step forward and post to your hearts content as the Spirit moves you too.
I pray Lord that everyone who takes the time to post or to read your Word be blessed in every way, in Jesus's name.
Your will be done!

I will get it started:
(NIV)
Mat 5:23 Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has
something against you,
Mat 5:24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come
and offer your gift.

Okay....so can we comment or just post Scripture? I'm terrible with unwritten rules. I know, I know, everyone thinks I'm perfect....gag! :shock: But, this could not only be a thread for our latest 'come to Jesus' moment, but share what we've learned through Scripture. Do I have this correct? If I do, cool! :2cool:

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I like this because it tell me, I'm a reflection of God and my likeness is as His. :)

What other of His Creation can say this but man and He gave us all dominion over the earth and everything on it.

1611 King James Version.
    Genesis 1:26

And God said, Let vs make man in our Image, after our likenesse: and let them haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer the cattell, and ouer all the earth, and ouer euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth.
    =========================================

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Last edited:

PaulieD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2012
    Beach
    Okay....so can we comment or just post Scripture? I'm terrible with unwritten rules. I know, I know, everyone thinks I'm perfect....gag! :shock: But, this could not only be a thread for our latest 'come to Jesus' moment, but share what we've learned through Scripture. Do I have this correct? If I do, cool! :2cool:

Ok, how about we include personal testimonies and witnessing. This could include what we have learned but through our testimonies.
    I just don't want it to be filled with opinions and "I think I learned this" because when our word is used the Devil can create havoc and disputes.
    Where his word is:
    (NIV) Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Your will be done!

I will get it started:
    (NIV)
    something against you,
    and offer your gift.

Last night, I came across this Scripture which seemed to go along with yours. I had already signed off for the night, but asked the Lord to help me remember it.

Colossians 3:13King James Version (KJV)
    13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Yep, He helped me to remember it!:)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    (NIV)
    Mat 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
    Mat 7:8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be
    opened.

Matthew reminded me of Revelation.

Revelation 3:20 King James Version (KJV)
    20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

The interesting thing is Jesus, in Matthew, is telling man to knock and the door is opened, and Revelation is Jesus knocking and man opens. I think I'm getting the hang of this!

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    This is my opinion only "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling" to me it sounds like it's a lack of faith because it say's in Scripture in Matthew 21:22 - "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." If I have faith and believe why would have need to keep on babbling when I pray...

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    This is my opinion only "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling" to me it sounds like it's a lack of faith because it say's in Scripture in Matthew 21:22 - "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." If I have faith and believe why would have need to keep on babbling when I pray...

Matthew 21:22 states 'like the pagans.' He was talking of the Pharisses as well.

Definition of PHARISEE from Merriam Webster

capitalized : a member of a Jewish sect of the intertestamental period noted for strict observance of rites and ceremonies of the written law and for insistence on the validity of their own oral traditions concerning the law

What you posted, MM, is talking about a believer and I completely agree with you! Digging into Scripture is always fun!:w00t:

PaulieD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2012
    Beach
    EM Bounds

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him freely give us all things?”
    What a basis have we here for prayer and faith, illimitable, measureless in breadth, in depth and in height! The promise to give us all things is backed up by the calling to our remembrance of the fact that God freely gave His only Begotten Son for our redemption. His giving His Son is the assurance and guarantee that He will freely give all things to him who believes and prays.
    What confidence have we in this Divine statement for inspired asking! What holy boldness we have here for the largest asking! No commonplace tameness should restrain our largest asking. Large, larger, and largest asking magnifies grace and adds to God’s glory. Feeble asking impoverishes the asker, and restrains God’s purposes for the greatest good and obscures His glory.
    Prayer puts God in the matter with commanding force: “Ask of Me things to come concerning My sons,” says God, “and concerning the work of My hands command ye Me.” We are charged in God’s Word “always to pray,” “in everything by prayer,” “continuing instant in prayer,” to “pray everywhere,” “praying always.” The promise is as illimitable as the command is comprehensive. “All things whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive,” “whatever ye shall ask,” “if ye shall ask anything.” “Ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you.” “Whatsoever ye ask the Father He will give it to you.” If there is anything not involved in “All things whatsoever,” or not found in the phrase “Ask anything,” then these things may be left out of prayer. Language could not cover a wider range, nor involve more fully all minutia. These statements are but samples of the all-comprehending possibilities of prayer under the promises of God to those who meet the conditions of right praying.
    In Bible terminology prayer means calling upon God for things we desire, asking things of God. Thus we read: “Call upon me and I will answer thee, and will show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not” (Jeremiah 33:3). “Call upon me in the day of trouble, and I will deliver thee” (Psalm 50:15). “Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am” (Isaiah 58:9).
    Prayer is revealed as a direct application to God for some temporal or spiritual good. It is an appeal to God to intervene in life’s affairs for the good of those for whom we pray. God is recognized as the source and fountain of all good, and prayer implies that all His good is held in His keeping for those who call upon Him in truth.
    “All things whatsoever ye ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive,” says Jesus, and this all-comprehensive condition not only presses us to pray for all things, everything great and small, but it sets us on and shuts us up to God, for who but God can cover the illimitable of universal things, and can assure us certainly of receiving the very thing for which we may ask in all the Thesaurus of earthly and heavenly good?
    Our temporal matters have much to do with our health and happiness. They form our relations. They are tests of honesty and belong to the sphere of justice and righteousness. Not to pray about temporal matters is to leave God out of the largest sphere of our being. He who cannot pray in everything, as we are charged to do by Paul in Philippians, fourth chapter, has never learned in any true sense the nature and worth of prayer. To leave business and time out of prayer is to leave religion and eternity out of it. He who does not pray about temporal matters cannot pray with confidence about spiritual matters. He who does not put God by prayer in his struggling toil for daily bread will never put Him in his struggle for heaven. He who does not cover and supply the wants of the body by prayer will never cover and supply the wants of his soul. Both body and soul are dependent on God, and prayer is but the crying expression of that dependence.

PaulieD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2012
    Beach
    The nine gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)

1. The revelation gifts:
    a) the word of wisdom – a revelation of the future to guide believers in
    a wise course of action. Agabus had a word of wisdom regarding a
    coming famine (Acts 11:28).
    b) the word of knowledge – a revelation of facts present and past. Peter
    had a word of knowledge regarding Ananias (Acts 5:3, 4).
    c) discerning of spirits – a revelation or discerning of the spirit world.
    Paul saw an angel of God with him (Acts 27:23, 24).

2. The power gifts:
    a) the gift of faith – a supernatural infusion of God’s faith to receive a
    miracle. Daniel was protected from lions by a gift of faith (Daniel
    6:10-24; Hebrews 11:33).
    b) the working of miracles – a supernatural infusion of God’s power to
    work a miracle. Samson, through the working of miracles, tore the
    lion apart (Judges 14:6)
    c) the gifts of healings – a supernatural infusion of God’s power to
    bring about healing and wholeness.

3. The vocal gifts:
    a) the gift of prophecy – a message given by God to people in a known
    language through human vessels (Acts 15:32; 21:9).
    b) the gift of tongues – a message given by God to people in an
    unknown language through human vessels (1 Corinthians 14:27).
    c) the gift of interpretation of tongues – an interpretation of the
    message given in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:27).

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    I wish I could take the credit, that is an excerpt from E.M. Bounds, one of the greatest prayer warriors of all time. :thumbs:

ONE of the most POWERFUL actions you can do for anyone is prayer. If you tell someone you'll be praying for them....do it! People, including myself, have said, "I feel so helpless to help ........" But, you're really not! You can give the #1 MOST powerful gift you can give someone in need........prayer! Prayer is conversation. You pick up the phone and call your friends, your family, your employer, but it's easier to pick up the invisible hotline phone and call Almighty God. Don't use phony language....just talk....pour out your heart. It's as easy as that. Please remember that you have to keep yourself respectful to Him. He knows when a sparrow falls.....a SPARROW!

Psalm 84:3 New King James Version

3 Even the sparrow has found a home,
    And the swallow a nest for herself,
    Where she may lay her young—
    Even Your altars, O Lord of hosts,
    My King and my God.

Matthew 10:29-31 New King James Version

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. (Emphasis mine.)

The Matthew Scripture, Jesus is talking. He's telling you how important you are to God! So pick up your hotline ..... there is no dialing. You have a direct connect through Jesus! It's that easy! :)

PaulieD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2012
    Beach
    Scriptual Names of God

YHWH / YAHWEH / JEHOVAH: “LORD” (Deuteronomy 6:4; Daniel 9:14) – Strictly speaking, the only proper name for God. Translated in English Bibles “LORD” (all capitals) to distinguish it from Adonai “Lord.” The revelation of the name is first given to Moses “I Am who I Am” (Exodus 3:14). This name specifies an immediacy, a presence. Yahweh is present, accessible, near to those who call on Him for deliverance (Psalm 107:13), forgiveness (Psalm 25:11) and guidance (Psalm 31:3).

YAHWEH-JIREH: "The Lord will Provide" (Genesis 22:14) – The name used by Abraham when God provided the ram to be sacrificed in place of Isaac.

YAHWEH-RAPHA: "The Lord Who Heals" (Exodus 15:26) – “I am Jehovah who heals you” both in body and soul. In body, by preserving from diseases, and by curing them when afflicted with them and in soul, by pardoning their iniquities.

YAHWEH-NISSI: "The Lord Our Banner" (Exodus 17:15), where banner is understood to be a rallying place. This name commemorates the desert victory over the Amalekites in Exodus 17.

YAHWEH-M'KADDESH: "The Lord Who Sanctifies, Makes Holy" (Leviticus 20:8; Ezekiel 37:28) – God makes it clear that He alone, not the law, could cleanse His people and make them holy.

YAHWEH-SHALOM: "The Lord Our Peace" (Judges 6:24) – The name given by Gideon to the altar he built after the Angel of the Lord assured him he would not die as he thought he would after seeing Him.

YAHWEH-ELOHIM: "LORD God" (Genesis 2:4; Psalm 59:5) – Combination of God’s unique name YHWH and the generic “Lord,” signifying that He is the Lord of Lords.

YAHWEH-TSIDKENU: "The Lord Our Righteousness” (Jeremiah 33:16) – As with YHWH-M’Kaddesh, it is God alone who provides righteousness to man, ultimately in the person of His Son, Jesus Christ, who became sin for us “that we might become the Righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

YAHWEH-ROHI: "The Lord Our Shepherd" (Psalm 23:1) – After David pondered his relationship as a shepherd to his sheep, he realized that was exactly the relationship God had with him, and so he declares “Yahweh-Rohi is my Shepherd. I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1).

YAHWEH-SHAMMAH: "The Lord is There” (Ezekiel 48:35) – The name ascribed to Jerusalem and the Temple there, indicating that the once departed glory of the Lord (Ezekiel 8—11) had returned (Ezekiel 44:1-4).

YAHWEH-SABAOTH: "The Lord of Hosts" (Isaiah 1:24; Psalm 46:7) – “Hosts” means hordes, both of angels and of men. He is Lord of the host of heaven, and of the inhabitants of the earth, of Jews and Gentiles, of rich and poor, master and slave. The name is expressive of the majesty, power, and authority of God and shows that he is able to accomplish what he determines to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread