SD - Super glued button and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
Help (please)
I purchased a SD off the classifieds - I knew the switch/button was broken - what I didn't know was that the previous owner had attempted to fix it with super glue.
Musta been the cheap runny stuff or something because the lock washer won't budge and the entire switch/nub and whatever you call the housing that screws into the body are now 'happily' inseperable.:shock:

Any suggestions on what I can use to safely dissolve/dismantle/disassemble so I can install the new button/switch?

Thanks in advance
(ps - I've watched and assisted in replacing 2 switches.... beyond that... please keep explanations simple ;) )
Kathy

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
ahhhh
they make super glue remover....
dang
I wish I woulda known when my finger was stuck to my.....:shock:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
(and thanks for making it simple enough for me to understand)

for my next trick....
must be time for a nap
:sleep:

mod please close this thread - OP is suitably embarrassed..

or we could discuss personal best super glue stories?

Guhru

Sep 1, 2009
DFW Texas
Superglue remover is acetone. Fingernail polish remover has a decent amount of acetone in it and works fairly well too. If you have and decide to use straight acetone, be careful about getting it on surrounding materials...it will crumble polycarbonate and is bad for some plastics and finishes (for that matter, use the same care with superglue remover or fingernail polish remover for the same reason, they're just more forgiving as they are diluted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread