SE 2.0 questions and any former Kool Mild smokers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonomo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Missouri
First post from another person who ordered from Smoking Everywhere and then discovered this fantastic forum. Doh! There's nothing like having buyers remorse before you even receive the product..... Anyway I got a SE 2.0 recently and it does not produce much vapor to me. Am I expecting to much? How can you tell if the atomizer is defective or is not working correctly? Is there a break in period for these devices? I'm guessing they won't take it back but I haven't called yet. I ordered a 510 yesterday and hoping this will work a little better. I watched several videos produced by members here, props to you all, lots of good info.

Also I currently smoke Kool milds, any suggestions on cartridges or liquid that comes close and where to get it. I will try my luck with the search function during lunch today. Thanks!

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
The mint flavor is different than the menthol flavor. PureSmoker carries real menthol flavor. I think Totally Wicked and Janty might also. And, David Yang at EastMall should also carry a true menthol.

I'm a Kool smoker, but rapidly began enjoying the other flavors. If you can snatch a sample pack at PureSmoker, you can try a lot of different ones, but they sell out within the first few hours. EastMall just opened a pick any 5 flavors mixed bottle set.

In the DIY section there are threads about menthol, using crystals, but I don't know how safe that would be. Being new, I think you'd do best buying your flavors and strenghts commercially for a few weeks until you get your sea-legs under you.

Message me if you need any links.

Anonomo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Missouri
Thanks for info, Monk. I will try the Pure Smoker menthol and go from there. Do these devices have a "break in" before they start generating any vapor? I did buy some menthol cartridges from SE and I'm not sure where the problem is, the cartridge, the e-cig, or a combination of both. I need to research dripping, maybe that would help? T'is a little bit discouraging of a start, my expectations were a little higher.

Thanks for info, Monk. I will try the Pure Smoker menthol and go from there. Do these devices have a "break in" before they start generating any vapor? I did buy some menthol cartridges from SE and I'm not sure where the problem is, the cartridge, the e-cig, or a combination of both. I need to research dripping, maybe that would help? T'is a little bit discouraging of a start, my expectations were a little higher.

From what I've heard SE doesn't have a very good product. I personally do not like their e-liquid. I have the DSE 901 and I love it. It's not too big but has pretty good battery and cart life compared to the super minis. I thought I would want something that looks like a real cig, but quickly i realized it was better for it not to.

As far as the best menthol flavor, I like menthol crystals. You can adjust them to taste. I added a little to my coffee flavor and it just gave it a fresh taste. I just got it last night so I will experiment more tonight with stronger batches. It also adds some throat kick too, which was good for me because my e-liquids have been cut with vg. Just make sure you read a lot about DIY e-liquid before attemping.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Anonomo, we are all in the same boat figuring things out. I have a collection of different models because I wasn't sure which way to go. Having made that error, I'd suggest starting a thread and looking for people and or suppliers in/near St. Louis and then try to get meeting with them. Something like that would save you a lot of time.

I personally met with a Schamburg supplier, Rockbassray of Cigtechs, and had a delightful evening, except for the fact that my car got hit on the way to his house. Also, I've had wonderful conversations with LaceyUnderall of Instead. So, if there is a supplier near you, they might be able to meet with you and show you their product line.

Anonomo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Missouri
One thing I noticed right off with this e-cigg is that when I draw on it, no matter how hard or soft, the LED on the end only lights up for less than a second and then goes off. Is this normal? This results with me really trying to draw on it hard, I can hear whistling thru the holes in the atomizer, same result, little vapor. I've tried several short, easy draws and this seems to work a little better, a little more vapor. Still disappointed with this product so far over all. Monk, thanks for the tips, with a little luck maybe I will get a reply from local yokel....

Amanda, I went with this product because it resembled a regular, ah, I need to get with the lingo, an analog. Once I get this all sorted out I might give the menthol crystals a shot... right now I find myself having spent a lot of dough for a rather disappointing result so far. Man, I thought picking and choosing home theatre gear was a tough row to hoe..... I'm still interested in giving this a try, other wise it's back to trying the patch and attempting to quit again, and again, and listening to the one who lords over me tell me what little willpower I have, again, again and again....so it goes.... :rolleyes:

Amanda, I went with this product because it resembled a regular, ah, I need to get with the lingo, an analog. Once I get this all sorted out I might give the menthol crystals a shot... right now I find myself having spent a lot of dough for a rather disappointing result so far. Man, I thought picking and choosing home theatre gear was a tough row to hoe..... I'm still interested in giving this a try, other wise it's back to trying the patch and attempting to quit again, and again, and listening to the one who lords over me tell me what little willpower I have, again, again and again....so it goes.... :rolleyes:

They Smoking Everywhere brand is at one of our malls here in Oklahoma City. I spoke with one of the workers there. She said that they were originally charging around $145.00, but the products weren't selling so over time they dropped down to around $80.00. That is still too expensive for that product IMO. They sell their 5 pack carts for $10.00. I would never pay $10.00 for a pack of carts!

You should look at the suppliers that are on this forum. There are some great ones here. Rob at Altsmoke.com is great. Sometimes it is hard to find things in stock, but you get a good product and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg. I got my starter kit for around $50.00 - $60.00. make sure you buy some extra atomizers, batteries and e-liquid. I suggest to refill your own carts. It's very inexpensive. Teabags work great for that. There is a thread about how to do that somewhere.Vaping can be very inexpensive.

What are you looking for as far as in a personal vaporizer. Do you just want it to look as close as possible to an analog? Do you want good vapor production? Do you want long battery and cart life? If I were you I would not give up on vaping. I think you need to read, read, and read some more on this forum and see what model you think would be best for you. I'm telling ya, vaping is awsome! As of today I haven't smoked an analog in 14 days. I thought that was impossible.

Good Luck to You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread