SE Gold Vs TW DSE901

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's the thing. I got suckered into buying a Smoking Everywhere Gold (RN 4081, I believe). I had some problems with it so the very next day I took it back and got everything replaced. Now I'm home from vacation and it'd be a long commute back to Texas to get this replaced... AGAIN. I did just get my first bottle of e-liquid, so I'm learning the whole dripping process. Good juice, though. Totally Wicked Camel flavor, much better vapor than the carts that came with it.

So I've been fighting with the thing for about a week now and I'm wondering what I should do. I've read good things about the 901's from various people here, and I really like the design of the Totally Wicked Black Mini. It seems a little pricey over other sites (not like Smoking Everywhere!), but once again, I like the logo and design. I need some advice on what to do. Should I continue to fight with my SE Gold and the blasted company (for which I dropped big bucks already), or should I go ahead and buy a TW Black Mini (DSE 901)? Does anyone have any experience with this company's model? Is there any difference between the black and platinum other than the color? Any notable differences with experiences between the SE Gold and the TW 901? Thanks in advance.

Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Orlando, Florida
the smoking everywhere e-cig and the 901 shouldnt even be compared...the 901 is much better in every way.

I got the 901 Plat. from TW and it is really good. I also bought some black atomizers from them but the plat. atomizer somehow was better than the black for some strange reason.

TW is a very good company and they sell juice that is really good too. Superb customer service all around.

901 is the true beginners e-cig that i always recommend. Spare parts are plentiful and cheap.

BUT i just got my hands on the joye 510 with a manual switch. The Titan model TW sells is the same thing but has the automatic switch (someone correct me if im wrong). So far the Joye 510 with the manual switch destroys the 901 in every aspect except for build quality. If you are kind of a techish person, that has the patience to learn....i really want to recommend you the joye 510 with the manual switch ( manual switch means each time you want to take a puff, you have to press a button for the battery to run)

Joye 510/titan/dura-c spare parts arent as easy to find as 901 parts though.

If you have the money to spare, i would go 901 and then buy the joye 510 or Dura-C which are the same (both have manual switches)

ps. if you decide to buy the 901, dont forget to pick up a USB passthrough for it. TW dont sell it but puresmoker.com does.

Hope that helps.

Thanks to the both of you. If anyone else wants to put their 2 cents in, please keep it coming!

I do not have a lot of money to spend right now, which is why I'm deliberating so hard on picking up a TW 901. I am getting more comfortable with the SE Gold, and I'm getting significant vapor (most the time) from it with the TW Juice. I'm topping off the (tiny) carts as well as dripping now and then on the atomizer itself. Will I have similar or better results from the 901?

Puff Daddy, please keep me informed once you get your Platinum version. Let me know how it performs for you during and after break-in. The black one just looks so slick, and I love their little :evil: logo. But I want to make sure I'm not throwing away money for just a pretty picture, so to speak.

Stike

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
B.MASS
I have both models.The TW 901 has alittle harder draw than the SE.I found with the SE you need to drip on atomizer without the cart in.When I do this I get very good vapor.I would try this before buying 901.then if not happy with that look into 801 or 510,because 901 wasn't that much better than SE after I figured out learning curve

I have both models.The TW 901 has alittle harder draw than the SE.I found with the SE you need to drip on atomizer without the cart in.When I do this I get very good vapor.I would try this before buying 901.then if not happy with that look into 801 or 510,because 901 wasn't that much better than SE after I figured out learning curve

That's one thing I worry about. I don't want the situation of: I finally get the hang of the SE Gold, buy a 901 from TW and find out that it was me, not my e-cig that's having problems. Now I've spent even more money needlessly.

You say the 901 draws harder than the SE Gold? Day-um... it seems like the SE Gold draws fairly hard as it is. It's strange, sometimes once I get it going, the slightest of draws is all it takes to get some nice, thick vapor. Other times, I can suck harder than a $2 ...... and the LED doesn't even light up. (No offense, of course, to actual $2.00 hookers) :pervy:

Stike

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
B.MASS
That's one thing I worry about. I don't want the situation of: I finally get the hang of the SE Gold, buy a 901 from TW and find out that it was me, not my e-cig that's having problems. Now I've spent even more money needlessly.

You say the 901 draws harder than the SE Gold? Day-um... it seems like the SE Gold draws fairly hard as it is. It's strange, sometimes once I get it going, the slightest of draws is all it takes to get some nice, thick vapor. Other times, I can suck harder than a $2 ...... and the LED doesn't even light up. (No offense, of course, to actual $2.00 hookers) :pervy:
Thats what I did.I bought TW901 and found out it wasn't 60 bucks better than SE.The SE adomizer seems to run great with just the right amount of juice in it.Like you said sometimes you get great hit and draw.You have to find just the right amount of liquid.

Stike

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
B.MASS
Thanks Stike, I'll experiment with that. I think I should hold my horses and give my SE Gold a good month or so before thinking of buying another e-cig. Any more input is most welcomed. Also, anyone know where I can pick up compatible spare atomizers for the SE Gold w/o paying 40 bucks through Smoking Everywhere?
TW super mini adomizers are the same.Give the SE some time it will get better.Don't inpulse buy.Good Luck.If you get in jam I have adomizers,I live near mall so i get replacements free.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
Well, I have to say opposite to others.

I love my rn4081. Yes, I've been vaping only for couple days - but I have both units. TW rn4081, and TW DSE901.

The biggest advantage of rn4081, imho, is the dripping part. Atomizer is much closer to you, so it's quite easy to aim your drip to the metal wick, than DSE901. And by sticking to drip method, it's easier to control how much you vape and control nic level throughout the day.

DSE 901's cart, while it holds more and more convenient to re-fill - it's a mess. Especially that gel-cap thing, whenever I try to open one, I get nic juice all over my hand.

Vapor production for both of them are quite comparable IMHO. Yesterday, I've been using my rn4081 mostly - but today I decided to go with DSE901. I like them both, actually - both with ups and downs.

I happened to have an rn4081 USB Pass-through and I tried with my Kensington portable power-pack, and whoa. It made so much more vapor, I was literally shocked by its performance. I'm sure DSE901 with usb pass through would be just as good.

BTW, TW 901's little red devil logo on atomizer is a really nice touch. Of course, DSE901 is much more popular model, and most vendors carry them - so it's definitely easier to find parts and accessories. Since I'm a believer of a "back-up", having 2 different models is a good idea - so I'd say stick with both. :)

Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up a 901 eventually, but I'm going to stick it out with my 4081 for now. Mostly for monetary reasons. I've spent way too much for it, I might as well try to get the most out of it that I can. Now the options of USB Passthroughs (btw, does anyone know if it works with an XBox 360 like it does the PS3?), car chargers, etc keep floating through my head. Oh boy, more stuff to save up for.

My only concern with the USB passthrough is how long the cord is. I don't want to be stuck to my desktop computer, when I want to vape. If it does work with an XBox 360, I want to make sure the cord is long enough to be useful and not aggravating.

Thanks for all the individual experiences! You all help so much!

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up a 901 eventually, but I'm going to stick it out with my 4081 for now. Mostly for monetary reasons. I've spent way too much for it, I might as well try to get the most out of it that I can. Now the options of USB Passthroughs (btw, does anyone know if it works with an XBox 360 like it does the PS3?), car chargers, etc keep floating through my head. Oh boy, more stuff to save up for.

My only concern with the USB passthrough is how long the cord is. I don't want to be stuck to my desktop computer, when I want to vape. If it does work with an XBox 360, I want to make sure the cord is long enough to be useful and not aggravating.

Thanks for all the individual experiences! You all help so much!

I don't see why it would not work on 360, although my 360 died on me. (2nd time already... and too bad it's not 3ring of the death. :(), so I really can't check on it. Not even playing any games - as it has turned into a glorified DVD player for my daughter's Barney DVDs.. (and yes, I do also have HD-DVD unit. LOL)

But since it'd draw power from the shoddy PSU units on both PS3 and 360, so I'd advise against it. I bought a Kensington portable usb power pack (40 dollars at BB), and it's been working like a champ, while also maintaining the portability. With that, you can pretty much vape all day long w/o charging. I know it's extra dollars - but the performance it gives...is just unbeatable. :D Just be careful not to twist/yank the usb wire, as it's known to be very fragile.

The wire is roughly about 3ft or so - the one that I got from puresmoker. So unless you are using computer monitor and have 360 right by your monitor... it'd be too short w/o extension cord.

I don't see why it would not work on 360, although my 360 died on me. (2nd time already... and too bad it's not 3ring of the death. :(), so I really can't check on it. Not even playing any games - as it has turned into a glorified DVD player for my daughter's Barney DVDs.. (and yes, I do also have HD-DVD unit. LOL)

But since it'd draw power from the shoddy PSU units on both PS3 and 360, so I'd advise against it. I bought a Kensington portable usb power pack (40 dollars at BB), and it's been working like a champ, while also maintaining the portability. With that, you can pretty much vape all day long w/o charging. I know it's extra dollars - but the performance it gives...is just unbeatable. :D Just be careful not to twist/yank the usb wire, as it's known to be very fragile.

The wire is roughly about 3ft or so - the one that I got from puresmoker. So unless you are using computer monitor and have 360 right by your monitor... it'd be too short w/o extension cord.

I just read a post reviewing the Kensington... sounds pretty awesome. I'm a little worried I'll marathon vape with that set up, but I think I'm already on my way there. :oops: Sucks to hear about your 360, but thanks for the info.

3 feet for the USB wouldn't be too bad. My "entertainment area" is pretty close in set-up since I have my 360 wired to the same router as my computer. My big concern is my over-curious ferret. He likes grabbing new, hanging cords. Of course, if I understand it correctly, that wouldn't be a problem if I had a Kensington to go with the passthrough. Also, saving my 2 batteries for when I'm on the go doesn't sound like a bad side-effect either. Thanks for the advice, lachesis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread