• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Seasonal Depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
Just thought I'd check in and see if anyone else is going through this.
I have SADD Seasonal Affective Disorder so I get really depressed in the winter.
In PA it seems like winter lasts half the year so for half the year I'm depressed... Can't get out of bed
and I keep forgetting to take my effexor!
Sigh
So for the past two days I've been sleeping all day.
And when I sleep all day I'm up half the night worrying.
Really can't wait for spring to come
maybe then I can catch a break!!!

astounded

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
vancouver bc
Hi I really feel for you - I have longstanding MDD with a very strong SAD component. I have decided to stick with a few cigs a day for now as I noticed mood problems with one or none so thinking I may need to slow down the MAOI withdrawal found in whole cigarettes.

I am in Vancouver where the winters can be horrendously grey ... I would never make it through without my SAD lights. I have found even mild exercise (for those days when you can't do more than step from one foot to the other!) to upbeat music in front of the most powerful light I could find (specifically made for a larger distance) and using upbeat music has a much stronger effect than any of these things separately and is often the only thing that lets me keep going.

Let me know how you are doing & what things you use to try to cope with the SAD ... Hang in there spring will arrive eventually ... Every day is getting a bit more minutes of daylight ...

astounded

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
vancouver bc
I know what you mean about forgetting including meds when it gets bad but the light does help - i also got one of those Phillips daylight simulater wake-up alarms & although not a substitute for the SAD lights it is bright enough to help and at least goes on on its own every day.
Maybe you need to connect your lights to an automatic timer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread