Second attempt vaper here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluidmachineX

May 7, 2013
Canada
Hi all!

I'm gonna be giving vaping another go around. I had a Bloog, and frankly it was terrible. I had issues with batteries, leakage, the works. Needless to say, it kind of put me off vaping.

But, my old man has taken it up (eGo-C), and he loves it! It's inspired me to give it a second go, and try to get off cigarettes for good.

Can anyone recommend a good Mod? I am thinking of picking up an eGo for on the go, but I want a really nice mod for at home. Let me know!

-Mike

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Last edited:

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Congrats on having another go and welcome to ECF!

Another vote for the vamo. It simply has no real competition, feature for feature, at that price point... and even quite a bit above it too!

On the go? Egos are fine (I want a tiny ego on a keyring for super stealth backup!) but I think you will find that basic VV (variable voltage) devices like the ego twist and vision spinner are only a few dollars more than a non-vv ego and even sometimes less expensive. Regardless, one of the best investments I made when my wife and I quit? Cheap lanyards for the ego style batteries! More than once I've heard/read stories about new vapers who went back to analogs because they lost their e-cig, got it stolen, or accidentally sat on it. Lanyard is cheap insurance. And always try to have a backup! :)

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I don't know if you are willing to spend this much, but I finally found my thrill with a bottom-feeder box mod called the REO Grand. If I would have bought one of these and the rebuildable atomizer he rebuilt just for it, called the Reomizer, right at the start, I would have saved a lot of money. This thing just works and it works well.

LunchusBoxious

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Ontario Canada
If.youre willing to try an ego why not try the ego twist? it helped me stay off of the analogs and helped me decide if a mod was the way to go for me. you may find that your best vape experience is at the normal 3.whatever volts and not need a mod to get up higher... Remember with a mod you have to not only consider the price of the mod but also the price of batteries and a charger. Now this is only my 2 cents as it worked for me and helped point me in the right direction. If you absolutly have to have a mod I would agree with previous posts and go with the vamo, it is what I am using as I type!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If.youre willing to try an ego why not try the ego twist? it helped me stay off of the analogs and helped me decide if a mod was the way to go for me. you may find that your best vape experience is at the normal 3.whatever volts and not need a mod to get up higher... Remember with a mod you have to not only consider the price of the mod but also the price of batteries and a charger. Now this is only my 2 cents as it worked for me and helped point me in the right direction. If you absolutly have to have a mod I would agree with previous posts and go with the vamo, it is what I am using as I type!

But with the eGo Twist, the batteries alone cost the same as the batteries and charger for the Vamo. And when you got to replace those twist batteries you are going to be over-charged to the tune of $25+ unlike models like the Vamo, where the batteries only cost $11.

And then there is the potential problem of the weak 2.5 amp switch on the Twist that limits what atty/carto you can use on it. With models like the Vamo or Zmax, they have much stronger switches that allows one to use any atty/carto on the market.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
it also depends if size is an issue as well, all of the pluses of the vamo may be mute if it is too unwieldy for him. i know my girlfriend wont go near anything other than her ego because of size alone, and heck, i see myself reaching for my ego to go out at night, but i like to sit at home with a vamo or mvp.

The Vamo can be reduced in size by using one 18350 battery.

FluidmachineX

May 7, 2013
Canada
Just do a little research and see what fits to you, don't make a blind move like you did last time. Good think you didn't stop after that first try, it's important to try again :)

Haha! The problem is, is there is so much out there! It's really overwhelming. With all the different information, and all the different kinds of vapes out there, it's real difficult for a new guy to get around. I mean, just with all the dang terminology out there, I could spend a month and still not have it all figured out.

Ania

May 8, 2013
Everywhere
When you start - its always like that. Your problem is leaking and dry hits? by ego-c you mean atomizer with tank cartridge?
I had the same problems and switched to cartomizers. They don't leak but they do burn inside so i switched to clearomizers.
Thats probably what you need. You already got a ego battery right? Now you need a decent clearomizer like mini vivi nova, or kanger T3.
They both have replacable atomizer heads which is cheaper to change instead of having to change the whole clearomizer.
Vivi nova has atomizer on top which means you have to keep it wet i.e. do a little shaking. T3 has bottom coils which is more user-friendly. But vivi nova can be rebuilt with metal-mesh(look it up) and become practically eternal(if you do it right and dont break it of course). Ask questions and i'll be glad to answer them:)

If you're planning to use them with ego battery - buy atomizer heads with low-medium resistance - 1.5-2ohm, that would give you more power.

Last edited:

Kubrick

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
The Korova Vape Bar, Canada
For out and about, I've been mostly using a basic 650 mAh eGo battery with a Kanger EVOD on top. I always have a backup battery with me, sometimes another eGo 650, or a 400 mAh mini topped with a Vision Nano. Add a matching cone cover, and it's one stealthy vape!

For home, you can't go wrong with a Vamo for the price. I'd also have a look at the new Smok Tech SID. You can't use it in shorty mode like the Vamo, but it's not as bulky/heavy as the Vamo if that's a consideration for you, and it's a real looker to boot.

Best of luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread