• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Second Week Impression of the Innokin SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
As being relatively new to full time vaping, these are merely my opinion and impressions of my SVD to date as it is my first APV and full mod. First and foremost, I am very satisfied and happy with the purchase, about the only hardware I foresee purchasing in the next several months will be tanks and attachments. My experience thus far has been with 510 cig-alikes, Joye Ego's, and my SLB Ego Mega V2. At date of purchase and Vapor Vortex, to get operational with the SVD, the kit that came with 2 iClear30's, spare heads, manual, two extension tubes, extras, 2 Samsung 2600mah 18650 (Same Battery for the Evic), and a Trustfire 2 Port Charger, at around 135-145 USD before tax entry.

As far as base units I have

3 510 Manual 250mah batts
2 1000mah Joye Ego-T passthroughs
2 Joye 650mah Ego-C Twists
1 SLB Ego-V Mega V2 1200mah
(New) the Innokin SVD

1 ) Price - If the Provari could be classified as a Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborgini, you could classify the SVD to being a Lexus/BMW/Cadillac with all if not most of the features the Provari offers and its own bells and whistles. Probably the most I've dropped on vaping at once, but it was worth the expense.

2 ) Size/Weight/Bulk (Portability) - Compared to most of my other devices, this is the largest and most combersome portability wise. In its 18650 configuration it is my tallest device. Weight it is hefty and heavy, but not unexpected given what it is made out of.

3 ) Battery life from full charge to needing recharge - I vape pretty heavily on days off or when not at work, all in all on average in the week and a half to two weeks I've had and been using it, I've recharged 2 batteries, battery currently in it at half charge on its third cycle, getting about 2 to 2 1/2 days use on a battery, though I do have my Twists and Ego-V I rotate out with, but during a standard work day, the SVD gets 90% usage throughout the day, days off about 70-80% usage. Running in VW (Variable Watt/Power) mode from 8 Watts (Standard Resistance T3's 2.0 to 2.5 ohm coil) to 10 Watts (Rebuilt Protank Head at 3.0 to 3.2 ohm). Full day just using the Rebuilt Protank on a 2 days off, got about the full 2 days off a battery, to give an idea about how much regulation and battery life I am getting.

4 ) Features - Going in I knew ahead of time what it was supposed to be able to do. Loving the VW setting mode basically set and forget if the coil ohms are about the same, step up or step down a major ohm integer, just have to adjust it manually again. The fact it has a built in keep last setting, even between battery changes, don't have to re-adjust it unless the ohms are drastically different one attachement to the next. Being a South Paw (Lefty) how the buttons are setup, display and all fits me quite perfectly, right handed person, its gonna take some getting used to. Liking the placement of the buttons, hold it in my hand, bottom cap resting on the heel of my hand, the fire button in right at my thumb tip, rotate long axis 180 degrees to look at screen, power up button at my index finger, power down, right at my thumb. Battery reading on screen, another nice bonus on top of green power button good charge, yellow medium charge, red low charge indicator. Atomizer reading, pretty straight forward, press and hold + and - buttons 3 seconds, got your resistance reading. Battery check, press and hold either + or - 3 seconds, got battery charge in volts, range 3.3V battery needs charge to 4.2 or 4.3v battery full. Power on and power off, being used to the Ego style 5 rapid clicks, the 3 rapid clicks takes getting used to the first couple days. Telescoping and multiple configurations, benefit of a mechanical telescope, but on a regulated variable power device, being it accepts 18650, 18500, single or double 18350, if you have any of these battery types, not much to worry about on what to run it with. Airflow hole in removable beauty collar/drip well, with the iClears, my Protank, and iSmoka Mega BCC, don't have to really worry about pulling a vacuum and gives great support from wobble and such with these attachments flush mounted. One nuisance, to me, any time you put in a new battery, the power setting becomes locked, took me a couple to figure out, press and hold the + and - button for 5-6 seconds locks/unlocks this setting. Changing power modes is also pretty straight forward, etched into the control housing.

5 ) Build Quality and Looks - Mostly a nice brushed stainless, beautiful detailing with chrome/silverish accents, when a Protank sits on top sets the accents off nicely. Solid, hefty feel when you hold it, even without a battery in it, it still feels durable. End cap, beauty cap, tube, 510 and Ego threadings are all nice and smooth, most of the threading (example - tube) is very fine, well machined, and sharp with no resistance allowing for speed spinning to adjust length and such. End cap when snugging it up to fit a battery you start to get resistance from the spring on the end terminal, but still a smooth operation. Durability so far the finish is holding up to the abuse I give it, even the mirrored screen (haven't removed the plastic film on it so not getting scratched), finish is also a nice feel and smooth in the hand, resists smudging beautifully.

Ratings -
Overall a solid 9 or 10, a very excellent mid-level APV
Price - basing off what I've bought before 510 Cig-likes being a 10, looking at a Provari/Darwin/Reo or similar being a 1, the SVD comes in at a 5 of 10
Size/Weight/Bulk/Portability - 4 of 10 for every day carry around or go to work with, keep at home a 10 of 10 to give you a range
Battery Life based on my usage with 18650 2600mah batteries - 10 of 10 so far compared to my SLB Ego-V V2
Features - When looking to get into an APV it was one of the stronger contenders of where I was going to drop my money at as it had all of the features I was wanting are was really contending with the Sigieli ZMax V3 Telescope, a solid 10 of 10
Build Quality and Looks- A solid 9 to median 10 of 10, it looks nice in pictures, but at seeing it in a display case and finally getting it home to unbox it put a smile on my face, "Oh yeah, she was a beauty" at seeing it when I opened the package and still, sitting here next to me with a Protank on it still has her glimmer and shine, will definitely be buying another if this one wears out or passes on to APV heaven.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I know right =D. So wish I had seen it my first time stepping up from 510s. Like the 510 to Ego-T passthrough step up being night and day in vaping, the SVD compared to the Ego's was again another night and day. I'm getting more subtle tones out of my juices and attachments with the VW over the VV of the Twists and Ego-V. As I stated above, I'm loving the heck out of it and have no regrets with the purchase.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Really nice review! I'm in the SVD twin club also. Really, I bought out of necessity (and STILL do not have my freaking Darwin twins back from Evolv!!!!). Well, that was my excuse. :unsure:

I wasn't crazy about the idea of these weird button combinations (which I why I went Darwin, rather than a Provari) but I got the hang of it after a couple of days and it's been great! I bought a full kit from a vendor in the states, and a base kit (from S-l-o-wTech). The first day with it, I felt like this:

leia-organa-solo-with-lightsaber-290x290.jpg

But got over that pretty quickly. LOL For the price I paid for these (killer sale on both) I feel like I more than got my money's worth.

My only issue was a red light on the button and a no-fire when I knew the battery was a full charge. Finally figured it out (with help from VIPers). I was turning the tank when I screwed the iClear mouth piece back on after refilling (tank over crank LOL) or when twisting my RDA Octopus when trying to get the strands back in the over casing, which sometimes turns the base. So, now I mind when refilling or putting on anything else, not to allow it to screw on too tight.

Surprisingly, so far, I REALLY like the iClear 30s that came with the full kit. The first one has been pumping out pretty massive vapor for almost a week without cleaning and without a hint of burnt or flavor change (unlike the ProTanks, which I only seem to get 2 or 3 days out of, taste like wet dog fur after a day and have to rinse/clean them every day). It's kept me satisfied enough (well, more like over-nic'ed with the SVD) to use one constantly instead of RDAs. Who knew?! I'll either buy more replacements heads (came with 2 tanks and 3 replacement heads) or learn to rebuild them.

mvought

Apr 9, 2013
United States
I really like the svd. I have a couple of vamos, but they are sure to be split up after this as I only need one of them for back up now that I have this svd. I want a mech or two, but after that maybe I can relax on buying for a change. At this point, I'm not really saying any money being off of tobacco. That's ok with me thought, I never got this kind of happiness from that.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I like SVD once I got used to that little bit of sharpness to the long grooves in the handle. I'm liking it with 18490 battery size. It's brushed. Decorative . I wrapped my Vamo. I won't wrap the SVD as planned. Maybe later but doubt it. I just got te battery from Fastech so great non co op price! I'm still casually figuring it out but vaping VW 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread