Seeking tool kit recommendations [mini pliers, wire snippers, etc] for an xmas present

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLizardx

Apr 14, 2015
England, UK
Hello, my boyfriend loves vaping, and I'm getting him a few bits for christmas, including a new toolbox, since his is falling apart. I'd like to fill it with a few accessories for him, and whilst I have a general idea what he might need [mini wire snippers, mini scissors, mini pliers, mini magnetised drill bits, and of course some Japanese cotton and kanthal wire] I was wondering whether anyone would be kind enough to recommend specific products by which they've been particularly impressed. I'm looking for small items, as the toolbox isn't massive [I thought it would be convenient if he could fit it inside his rucksack].

Kit he has currently is the Mutation X version 4 rba, and the sigelei 160W. I've also already bought him the Snow Wolf 200W for xmas though. I think he's probably going to stick with the Mutation to top it, as he says he hasn't found many other heads that he can grip at the bottom to easily take on and off.

Anyhoo - I'd really, really appreciate any suggestions! Just thought it would be nice for him to open his present, and have it filled with lots of smaller presents [a bit like pass the parcel, only simultaneously more rewarding and frustrating, since I wrap things thoroughly... by which I mean borderline impenetrably]. :D

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
In the event that you want to go higher end (closer to maximum quality)...

...mini wire snippers...
Knipex 77 32 120 H ESD

...mini scissors...
Xuron 9180AS

...mini pliers...
Knipex 34 12 130 ESD

...mini magnetised drill bits...

I prefer these over drill bits: Avid Vaper Coil Wrapping Rods. Do not overlook the utility of an inclusive set of precision screwdrivers such as the Wiha 27399. Add on a Wiha 27515 and a Wiha 40010 to prepare him to take on any RDA available on the market today and in the future (PB Swiss is an alternative option for precision screwdrivers).

Last edited:

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
I am just now starting to build but went after decent quality while trying to keep it within the KISS rule and at a reasonable price,

Coil Master V3 Coiling Kit (6-in-1)
Coilmaster 521 Tab - Ohm/Volt Meter & Table Mod. A nice all in one base that was one of the few recommended to me that will read ohms, volts, and dry fire coils.
Ceramic Tweezers
Nice set of micro screw drivers
A quality finger nail clipper
Some sharp scissors

I like the mini butane torch recommendation and almost bought one of those too. I already have drill bits, pliers, and wire cutters but those were some recommended items as well.

I will repeat, I am new to this and everything I bought was recommended by people who have done this and know a lot more than me. If my girlfriend put all that in a stocking for me at Christmas, I would be so surprised!

I might have spent $75.00 or a little less on everything listed that I bought; including shipping ( I did not get the torch ). Good luck with your Christmas shopping, I am sure he will be blown away :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread