Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Takes a different angle... it’s the metals which have caused irreparable damage on a woman’s lungs...

in California though :?:

The article goes on to say;

“Professor John Britton, director of the UK Centre for tobacco & Alcohol Studies and consultant in respiratory medicine at the University of Nottingham, suggested that the conclusions were not all they seemed.

He said there was no evidence of any cobalt particles in the lung samples and that claims made about vaping were wrong.
He added: “There is nothing in this new paper that should change advice to smokers. If you smoke, switch. If you don’t smoke, don’t vape. And just as you wouldn’t buy unlicensed alcoholic drinks, don’t vape cannabis or other bootleg products.”

Last edited:

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Takes a different angle... it’s the metals which have caused irreparable damage on a woman’s lungs...

in California though :?:

Later in the article a quote from director of uk centre for tobacco and alcohol said;

“Professor John Britton, director of the UK Centre for Tobacco & Alcohol Studies and consultant in respiratory medicine at the University of Nottingham, suggested that the conclusions were not all they seemed.

He said there was no evidence of any cobalt particles in the lung samples and that claims made about vaping were wrong.
He added: “There is nothing in this new paper that should change advice to smokers. If you smoke, switch. If you don’t smoke, don’t vape. And just as you wouldn’t buy unlicensed alcoholic drinks, don’t vape cannabis or other bootleg products.”

I just heard in the radio news today, for the first time in Portugal, a real announcement from a health governamental department, totally advising against electronic cigarettes and the use of cannabidiol products, vitamin e acetate and flavours in general.

Vapocalipse inPortugal/Europe???

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I just heard in the radio news today, for the first time in Portugal, a real announcement from a health governamental department, totally advising against electronic cigarettes and the use of cannabidiol products, vitamin e acetate and flavours in general.

Not sure... My (haha) heads of consultancy or people of significant stature in medicine are still saying no problem

but it is worrying, if UK and/or nhs changes its tune then I might have to begin to pay attention and follow this :(
I really hope not

Ps wasn’t looking. Blasted over the internet adverts from; independent, guardian, sun etc...

Reactions: stols001

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    it is worrying, if UK and/or nhs changes its tune then I might have to begin to pay attention and follow this

I just had a flashback from Scrubs

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      12.3 KB · Views: 45

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Meh...
    not exactly an objective viewpoint
    whether it is or isn’t forgettable isn’t a pressing concern
    (Ps. It is)

let’s not argue though, I forgive you :)

This is off topic. Just explaining that our medical professionals still hold the same positive view.
    However, I would pay attention to the articles, professionals etc
    Whether it be bias or unbiased, the sources it may come from
    (credible or not). Why wouldn’t you?

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Meh...
    not exactly an objective viewpoint
    whether it is or isn’t forgettable isn’t a pressing concern
    (Ps. It is)

let’s not argue though, I forgive you :)

This is off topic. Just explaining that our medical professionals still hold the same positive view.
    However, I would pay attention to the articles, professionals etc
    Whether it be bias or unbiased, the sources it may come from
    (credible or not). Why wouldn’t you?

You guys will be in a pickle if the UK turned against vaping. Over here we can stock up on nic before the hammer comes down, but you can't do that any more. Unless you buy thousands of tiny bottles I guess.

• Agree
    Reactions: Pigs

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    You guys will be in a pickle if the UK turned against vaping. Over here we can stock up on nic before the hammer comes down, but you can't do that any more. Unless you buy thousands of tiny bottles I guess.

Down to my last 200mls of 72 now..
    which I’m going to take a little of now :(

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    everytime I think about it I’m fuming. Down to my last 200mls of 72 after the theft of litres of it
    :(

if I run into the boy when it’s all gone and I’m 0 nic angry, it will be a pleasant discussion we have

200 mls isn't much. I heard there were some get-arounds over there for nic. Sources in Europe and China and so forth.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    @Zutankhamun, have you a link for the information on business use of Nicotine please?

As I'm thinking about how much it costs to register as a business at companies house in the UK, just wondering about a possible legal loophole.

People have said it's doable but they won't say how on a public forum. I was wondering myself since I might be moving back over there.

Don't know if it's still the case but back in the 80's you could buy an off the shelf pre-used company name. I got one for 300 pounds. It cost quite a bit more to set up a new one.

• Informative
    Reactions: Mordacai

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I use a bulk UK based supplier of nicotine, a liter of 72mg is about 60 quid.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia

Inevitable. BT and BP are wiley and play the long game.

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread