seeping glue on brand new wismec rx300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi there, i got a black carbon RX300, as i am really into triple and quad battery mods of late, to vape high wattages safely. What i find is, that you can vape 200w in absolute safety with a quad device, even with cheap batteries like 25R's, or high capacity batts like 30Q's.. I never take them to 300 watts, but i know that the safest way possible to vape 200 -250 max, is with quad batts vs duals.. (this is why i never take things like my alien to anything over 150, ever).

I opened the wismec in anticipation, and i noticed right near the 510, on the top panel of the mod, there was a sticky substance.

basically, if i put a 22 mm tank on it, the base of the tank would cover this substance.

At first i thought, no big deal, i will just clean it off. But just to be safe, i lifted the mod into the light to examine all areas of it.. and that's when i saw it.. The little silver ring that is attached to the top of the mod, basically the 510 ring, is seeping glue between exactly where it is placed and the top of the mod.. so just imagine, that tiny crack between the ring and the mod, literally right where it is attached to the mod.. Also, it does not look 100% tight, almost like it's slightly loose.

My main concern is obviously the glue., and even though I have had the item 2 days, I have still yet to put batteries in it or screw a single tank on it (i am just too fearful for the latter).

I contacted the merchant immediately (who will be withheld here, as per forum rules, as I am not creating this topic to merchant bash in any way, but rather out of a genuine concern for my health), and he said this is entirely normal and not an adequate reason for a return. I also asked him to contact wismec on my behalf to see if they have any advice, since they will not answer me directly, and he said he isn't willing to do that. The device was shrink wrap sealed, so i presume it is just an assembly error, as i can't find any other instances of this on google. In other words, just 1 in a million really bad luck.

I am a bit perplexed.. is this safe? Do you agree that i should not have any reason to return it? Perhaps I am being paranoid? Would you happily vape on this?

Any help is as always, so appreciated. Awesome day to you all.
-T

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Well that's the obvious answer, thanks, but not really helping here.. Wismec need to actually reply and set me up with an RMA to do any of that, and since the device is brand new, it's actually covered by reseller Aussie law warranty.

Therefore i think you are misunderstanding what I am asking. I am asking IF i should even care about this, if it IS safe or dangerous, and if the reseller is right and it is normal, i.e expected or common with this device.. if so, then i would understand why the reseller says it is not a reason to return it.. this is what i am trying to confirm.. is this correct, that it is not a bad fault and i should not worry about returning it?

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Sorry I didn't know about the Aussie law warranty. I have owned a RX300 and never had that issue, brand new also, so, if mine were seeping glue i would NOT use it. I have never had any of my Wismec mods (RX300, RX200, RX200S, and Presa 75w) or any of my others from Smok or Sigelei seep glue. Have you ever had another mod do this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Thank you! No i have never seen this before ever, and i must be near 30 mods now. I have an RX75, zero issue, a presa, zero issue.. and have never seen glue of any kind seep from any 510 area. This is the first time i have ever seen this in 3 years of vaping. I agree, i just don't feel safe to vape on it. It was a 95 AUD device, therefore i'd like to get use out of it. I will contact wismec again and see if they will bother to answer. I have kind of given up on contacting actual manufacturers.. it's as if most of them just don't care..

Note to self.. there are exceptions.. like Envii.. i have had 10 emails answered in a week within a couple hours each, with detailed courteous replies.. Amazing peeps there. In fact their service was so good, i'd rather pay the extra money to order a mod from them direct, even if it costs 25% more, rather than a reseller.. just to support them directly and deal with them directly.. they were so on point.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Persistence has always worked for me when contacting the manufacturer. If I have a big defect in a mod I'm like a telemarketer hopped up on caffeine getting them to respond. I think one company changed their phone number and email address because I wanted their complete attention! Big companies are pumping out hundreds of thousands of products and seem least concerned about quality and customer service, but then there are the GREAT companies and customer service. I ordered a TFV8 Cloud Beast once, brand new, sealed, I opened it and DIRT came out of it! Dirt! First I thought it was something illegal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
reseller said he can guarantee me that wismec will not reply to him either.

Anyone who has gotten support from them before, what avenue did you use?

he also said, "There is no health issue to be concerned about if there is glue on or near your 510 if you use your device correctly".

So confused right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread