Self Destructing Janty NEO on Auto airflow Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The Background:

I am a big fan of the NEO, and since the release have bought the Starter Kit and additionally 2 Extra Black Puromisers, and because I liked the look of the Auto Airflow batteries on both the silver and the Black Puromisers, I decided to replace all my manual batteries with Auto batteries.I also have the Kuwako which I used when I want to look intelligent and "left wing" at parties.

I carry my Neos in a Janty Carry Case. The Black squary kind. I store 2 bottles of Elixir liquid on the right hand side,two spare puromisers wont fit in the mesh at the top of the side, so I store the ECigs on the other compartment.The spare puromiser,I attached to the Spare fully loaded Auto battery ,and put into the case,to be ready for a battery change,when the need arose.

Today I was vaping away on my Neo Auto when the battery started flashing,as it should do,when empty. I opened the case to the spare battery,and to my suprise,the Puromiser (the mouthpiece) had melted, and the mesh on the case had been burnt through!.

What? Okay sure,I could understand if this was a manual battery and the button was unwittingly pressed against the case,of course the battery would heat up as there is no cut off. But this happened with an auto Battery with a 10 secod cut-off,and in a closed Case.

How could that happen. In hindsight,I did at some stage today or yesterday get the smell of melted plastic.

I have attached 4 pictures of the Puromser.

Question:

1.Has this ever happened to anyone else (on a Auto battery)
2.How did it happen? Was it wrong to attach it to the battery and put it into the case,are tey meant to be stored separately?
:blink:

Thanks for reading...

I' Picture of me 2.jpg Picture of me 3.jpg Picture of me 4.jpg Picture of me 5.jpg ll be opening a ticket for the Puromiser and battery. They are both ruined methinks.

Last edited:

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
After further research,the Auto battery is faulty. It automatically activates as soon as a Puromiser is attached. Was a brand new puromiser and all...sniff.

Ticket opened with Janty Europe shop.
Well, I didn't know that. Thank you very much for sharing. I guess I will have to keep my NEO atties and NEO batteries apart when they are not in use!

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Well, I didn't know that. Thank you very much for sharing. I guess I will have to keep my NEO atties and NEO batteries apart when they are not in use!

First of all, we always recommend that you carry your devices safely - on an auto, this could mean losen the puromizer when carrying it in your pocket/purse- for charging, we never recommend you do this without being able to keep an eye on the charger ( ie never do it overnight ) and so on and so forth. This is not because we dont trust our devices, but to us its just good practice.

Having said that, this sounds very very extreme, and it has never happened, nor have we been close to reproducing something like this. We will take a look at this, and investigate it ofcourse, but we are not worried that this is something that will happen to others, seeing as it just shouldnt happen.

There must have been something really wrong - something went out of the ordinary here and were sorry to hear that it happened, were just glad to hear you are ok! After all you are the most important part of the chain :)

First of all, we always recommend that you carry your devices safely - on an auto, this could mean losen the puromizer when carrying it in your pocket/purse- for charging, we never recommend you do this without being able to keep an eye on the charger ( ie never do it overnight ) and so on and so forth. This is not because we dont trust our devices, but to us its just good practice.

Having said that, this sounds very very extreme, and it has never happened, nor have we been close to reproducing something like this. We will take a look at this, and investigate it ofcourse, but we are not worried that this is something that will happen to others, seeing as it just shouldnt happen.

There must have been something really wrong - something went out of the ordinary here and were sorry to hear that it happened, were just glad to hear you are ok! After all you are the most important part of the chain :)

Thanks for your advise. Ticket id 3858 opened in the janty Europe shop site.

Thing was that both articles were brand new and hadn't been used once. The battery was part of a separate order which arrived last wednesday,the silver puromiser had arrived with my original kit order and hadn't been used either.When testing, youu will see that when the Puromiser is attached to the battery,the battery activates on its own. Could have been sore if I had it in the inside of my jacket pocket as I normally do and not in the Janty carry case.

Thanks again

I have to say this just happened TONIGHT for me!

I was vaping everything fine, put it down...then I noticed a bright orange light on the table.
The Puromizer was ON FULL even though the battery button was not pressed!

It could have easily started a fire this is scary!

I love the Neo but this is very bad safety wise. It was working fine seconds before, put it down gently on the table then it was FULL ON.

I tried recharging battery hoping it would reset something, but as soon as I attached the atomizer I could hear the juice cooking even though button was not pressed.

I lost an atomizer from this and the battery is useless.
I hope this problem is fixed

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
I have to say this just happened TONIGHT for me!

I was vaping everything fine, put it down...then I noticed a bright orange light on the table.
The Puromizer was ON FULL even though the battery button was not pressed!

It could have easily started a fire this is scary!

I love the Neo but this is very bad safety wise. It was working fine seconds before, put it down gently on the table then it was FULL ON.

I tried recharging battery hoping it would reset something, but as soon as I attached the atomizer I could hear the juice cooking even though button was not pressed.

I lost an atomizer from this and the battery is useless.
I hope this problem is fixed

Well as such there is no problem, generally speaking - on forums you always hear from people who have bad experiences more than good experiences, thats just the nature of it.

And while im sure this could happen again to someone, then we have had less than 5 failures of this kind, since the launch and a _lot_ of products sold. We are looking into it, but from what we can see its a failure that is caused by bad luck, bad timing, and the odd one out assembly gone wrong - alot of things have to coincide before what you are describing can happen - and even then it rarely happens.

So while we are sorry, and investigating it, we are not seeing this as a problem on any scale yet!

However, the batteries are under warranty for X amount of time - so check with your Janty shop, and see if yours is still under warranty and get them replaced as quick as you can! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread