• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Semi-noob tours Brick and Mortar stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, last Saturday I went on a little pilgrimage to Vapor Den in Berkeley, and Tasty Vapor in Oakland. I thought I'd write up my impressions in case it helps someone.

I've been vaping for a few months now, first on disposables, then a Blu pack, and recently got a nice 650 mAh Ego 510 setup. So I was looking for some 510 cartridges, maybe some cartomizers, and most importantly, some juices to try.

VaporDen was first. It's a tiny place, but they seem to have it all: hardware, juice, etc. So very convenient for Berkeley fols and nearby. However, the guy didn't show up until 1:30PM (posted opening time was 11AM! but luckily I arrived at 1:20), and he seemed annoyed to actually have customers. Prices seemed a little steep, but honestly I didn't look at much. I didn't try any juice, just bought some blank 510 cartridges and then headed south.

Tasty Vapor was great: spacious and inviting, everything on display, prices were good, and the people were incredibly helpful and patient. Only a limited set of juices to taste, but he let me sniff anything I wanted. I peeked into the mix room and it looked like a good lab should: clean, organized, professional. Many juices were custom-mixed on the spot (for other customers, I just bought a couple samples and some carts). Several regular customers came and went while I was there, and obviously loved the place. Recommended!

I bought a couple samples, and I LOVE that their juices are mixed locally by people who care about what they are doing. But I'm still looking for a flavor I like, and I'm starting to think that PG is not for me (and Tasty Vapor only uses a PG base, apparently). But that's a separate thread.

Now if only a vape shop would open in SF...

nervewreckincali

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Hayward, CA
It Is Vapor 5 just opened up in downtown Hayward.

Sad that I learned about this place looking for laws about indoor vaping. Went today. Bought some juices. Prices are about right and I forgot to bring the coupon. I dropped some duckets just cause it was a walk-in place you know.

Decent looking place, great selection of juices and a few pv's. I asked "was there a lot of opposition from the City?" the lady was like: "yeah, had to get lawyers involved."

Support your local vape shop.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
I just went to "It Is Vapor" in San Jose, and I have to give them two thumbs up. I had recently purchased a few bottles of my daily vape RY4 from KBV, and I accidentally bought it with zero nic. I kept my fingers crossed that "It Is Vapor" would have some nic that I could buy. The owner (Eric) said that he did not have any for sale, but he told me to bring my zero nic bottles over and he would throw some nic into them for me. I went back a few hours later, and he added some nic into them. When I asked him how much I owed him, he just shook his head and said "Don't worry about it man. It's on me." I know that it probably was not a big thing for him, but I was not expecting that at all! Because of that, I'll definitely support him with my business. I did end up buying a few bottles of juice from him, which were surprisingly very good!

The store itself is quite small. It seemed like more of a store for noobs, but his prices were very reasonable. His stock was more of the usual Ego/ViVi/Vamo type stuff so I wouldn't buy anything there for myself other than juice. The store was packed with people, but Eric took the time to really explain things to the noobs. Check this place out if you're ever in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread