Semovar and Provari would apparently share the same failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
So, I'm finally saving enough money buying juice in bulk to consider buying that "end all be all mod".

I ruled out the provari, because it's just become so passe as a means of stating one is a commited vaper. Besides, I hate macs, and like the mac mouse (and iphones, too), it only has one freaking button.

So, I looked to the Semovar. It looks decent. Apparently well made and regarded. It's not ubiquitous. Just "one" problem. That sob has only one button, too!

Is there a solid and awesome mod out there with more than one flippin button that isn't a box mod? I'm not thrilled with boxes, otherwise I'd be all over a reo or hanna.

Now some of you are probably wondering why that one button is such a sticking point for me. If I'm going to drop somewhere around $200+ for something, I expect it to not take over 10x as long to adjust the same number of settings as a much less expensive device. I expect the convenience of not having to hit a single button about 200 times (in a coded fashion, with a manual in my lap) to get it to the point I'm using to start and then hit that same button about 50 more times to get it where I like it.

Are quality buttons so expensive and hard to find, that it's just too difficult to place two more buttons on it? Will two more buttons weaken its design to that much greater of a degree, that it would generate a ton of waranty returns?

If these manufacturers don't want to do it, fine. Who out there makes an awesome tube style multi button mod that I could hammer nails with (and not break), has vv and/or vw, has a kick .... warranty and customer svc?

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Who out there makes an awesome tube style multi button mod that I could hammer nails with (and not break), has vv and/or vw, has a kick .... warranty and customer svc?

No one. There's a reason everyone who wants what you described buys a provari. Your next best option is going to be a box mod but as you said you don't want one of those there are no other options at this time.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
There are plenty of PRC mods which have 2 or more buttons. Once one learns their juice, toppers and coils, one button is plenty...

I already have a vamo, and was considering an innokin svd... When I thought to myself that it just might be time to splurge a bit. Then I started looking at the options...

To get the great build quality, you seem to have to sacrifice actual functionality/usability and pay several times as much for the inconvenience.

It just seems logical that the higher end items would in the very least be as easy to use as the lower end ones, and simply be built better... The natural expectation would be a more elegant design, such as a saved memory for what you have set the voltage/wattage at in the past for a given resistance.

One shouldn't have to wonder if they would be able to spend as much time vaping as coding their mod to do what they want.

Vermonster13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Rutland, Vermont
Sometimes all I hear in posts here is a constant whining sound. Anyone else get that?

We used have to walk ten miles uphill in the snow just to get a piece of pipe that would hold a battery to power an atty that would pop as often as it would produce vapor. Tinker with flashlights to make a mod so we could have a battery that lasted longer than ten minutes. A cloud was being able to actually see the vapor. Today's "problems" just don't spark me I admit.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I understand where the OP is coming from .. aside from the dated/unattractive aesthetics, that one button menu function is one of the reasons that the Provari will never appeal to me.

However, the sleek, and refined look of the Semovar has me changing my mind a bit ... I can even overlook the screws above and below the menu screen, which I really don't like. If I ever do drop $200+ for a VV/VW device, it will definitely be the Semovar.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
There one dna mod that might fit the bill but it's hard to get and the cost is up there.
Wizard EVOLVED

It appears that this new APV was either tested by or had the electronics provided by Evolv who made the Darwin. They are definitely top notch. I am also interested. Does anyone know the cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread