Senators' Letter To FDA Commissioner Gottlieb ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is a Novel Concept.

Actually setting Standards by which Product must adhere to...

"A promising option to replace some of the deeming rules is a product standards regime.

Instead of filing applications for each product variant, FDA would set product standards to establish clear and transparent rules for access to the market. Standards could be defined to control any chemical, mechanical, thermal or electrical risks for e-cigarettes; define schedules of prohibited or limited ingredients; and establish good manufacturing and quality control practice. Existing bans on sales to teens and on sales by vending machine would be retained."

Senators' Letter To FDA Commissioner Gottlieb Perpetuates Misconceptions About E-Cigarettes

... instead of making an Imaginary Bar which OEM's must Subjectively Jump Over to obtain PMTA approval.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My impression is the Senators are keeping promises to constituents who have probably contributed to their election. What's wrong with their letter is the things they don't say like, we are so very hopeful that good research will show this promising new technology is low risk after all and can be used and promoted to help millions of smokers around the world stop smoking. But of course it says no such thing because it would never occur to those people to say that because they want vaping to go away regardless of the merits.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
So disappointed that Al Franken felt compelled to sign this fear/smear piece. He is fast becoming one of the most interviewed senators in print and broadcast. Feels like he's just falling in line with party position and I guess I (perhaps foolishly) expected more from him.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So disappointed that Al Franken felt compelled to sign this fear/smear piece. He is fast becoming one of the most interviewed senators in print and broadcast. ...

Yeah... And it seems like Every Time I hear him doing an Interview lately, he mentions something about a Book that has his Name on it.

Reactions: Toots

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So disappointed that Al Franken felt compelled to sign this fear/smear piece. He is fast becoming one of the most interviewed senators in print and broadcast. Feels like he's just falling in line with party position and I guess I (perhaps foolishly) expected more from him.
He comes from Saturday Night Live.
Why would you expect more from him?

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

He comes from SNL at a time when liberties were more vocally championed. People like he, John Belushi, and Bill Murray (all at least at that time) and the nanny state don't mix. They were disrupters at heart and challenged the status quo powers.

He is also quite bright and up until now I had hoped he would apply the critical thinking skills he has demonstrated in the past to bear on this. Things like harm reduction and proportional regulation, based on compassion (for us) and understanding (of the science), should be his philosophical bread and butter.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

And the least funny of the 'old' crew. Now none are funny. It started with the untalented Adam Sandler and then equally mediocre - Will Farrell (acknowledging 'strategery' was good and appropriate). The last true comedian on SNL was Phil Hartman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread