Senior member brand new to RDAs, rebuilding, etc. need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaz 730

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2015
Croton, NY
I have three Mods currently: An I-stick TC 60Watt with a Herakles tank, a Kangertech subox mini, and an E-Vic VT 60Watt. I'm looking to learn how to build my own atomizers, wicks, coils,etc. I'm not at all into cloud chasing because I'm a newbie and I've read articles on how dangerous sub-ohm devices can become if you don't know what you're doing. Any sites, videos, tanks, etc. that you guys can recommend for someone brand new to all this? I appreciate all suggestions and recommendations from those who have already been there. Thanks, and vape on!!!

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
I'm also a senior member new to sub-ohm vaping. Like you, I'm not a cloud chaser but more so looking for a good experience. I bought the Aromamizer RDTA (6ml) a few days ago and I'm using it on my Evic VT. I've tried a bunch of different builds but the best experience came from my current build. I'm running vertical claptons (26/32 kanthal) with 5 wraps that ohm out at .32. 35 Watts is my sweet spot. Flavor is the best I've ever tasted. I've been vaping the same juice for about 5 years and it's never tasted half this good. Vapor production isn't competition level but I don't want to be a human fog machine so it works for me.

I recommend the Aromamizer RDTA but there is a new tank in town (Geekvape Griffin) which I just placed an order for. If you pick up an Aromamizer or something similar, this is the tutorial I used to learn how to build with

Reactions: Spaz 730

Spaz 730

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2015
Croton, NY
I'm also a senior member new to sub-ohm vaping. Like you, I'm not a cloud chaser but more so looking for a good experience. I bought the Aromamizer RDTA (6ml) a few days ago and I'm using it on my Evic VT. I've tried a bunch of different builds but the best experience came from my current build. I'm running vertical claptons (26/32 kanthal) with 5 wraps that ohm out at .32. 35 Watts is my sweet spot. Flavor is the best I've ever tasted. I've been vaping the same juice for about 5 years and it's never tasted half this good. Vapor production isn't competition level but I don't want to be a human fog machine so it works for me.

I recommend the Aromamizer RDTA but there is a new tank in town (Geekvape Griffin) which I just placed an order for. If you pick up an Aromamizer or something similar, this is the tutorial I used to learn how to build with

Awesome, thank you so much. This is what it's all about, vapers helping vapers, I love it!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Another one signing in - I've just started coil building and wicking myself. I'd be inclined to start with maybe a dripper as many have plenty of room to work with and are fairly simple to begin with. So far I have built single coils of 1.6 ohms, 1.2 ohms, 1.00 ohm and 0.80 ohms. To my surprise I got the best flavour out of the sub ohmer! I found the coil building itself pretty simple, the testing easy but OMG the hardest bits for me were fitting the tails into the small post holes and getting the wicking just right, neither too loose nor too tight. The main tip I'd offer is to get a good focusable light if you are like me and not in the first flush of youth! Enjoy your voyage of discovery here!

Last edited:
Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

Clydde26

Jan 20, 2016
Hopkinsville
You have a sub tank mini why not start there. Get you some 24 gauge kanthal wrap it 6 times around the little blue screw driver put it on the included rba.... Thread some cotton through it and pull it up top like doggy ears. Slide the sleeve back over top and tighten the screw trim the tails leaving an 1/8 inch up above and tuck those tails back down in on each side fluffing it out. Wet it up screw on the top fill up the tank screw on the bottom and vape away... Get comfortable building on that rba and you can build on anything.
Here's a link:

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I'd go with your STM RBA for a nice vape.
I see Clydde26 posted a video and some info above, and as a long time STM coil twirler, I absolutely agree.
If, after that, you'd like to try a different tank, I love my Crown tanks with SS in their RBA. Tricky to wick, but once you nail it, an incomparable vape. Still the best tank going for flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread