• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
You got that right...every little bit helps.

Funny story...my 34 year niece was visiting and went into Bealls...they normally have senior discounts but every once in a while, they offer a non-senior discount. The clerk asker her, "Are you under 50?" Oh, she was fighting mad, lol.

She does a good hubby, who told her, "well, you know it is Florida and with all the facelifts being done, they probably have to ask. Smooth, isn't he???? LOL

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
A friend (Kay)and I were in Menards yesterday. Kay got some Dawn off a shelf and a lady in her 30's reached over and got some too.
We all started to talk, and we told her how putting a little Dawn in a load of dirty/greasy clothes worked great. She told us her Mom said that to her several times but she'd never tried it.
Close to the Dawn was Cascade so I told her if she wanted to get her whites whiter to use some of that. Also told her a great way to get white tennis shoes clean and white again is to put them in the dishwasher.
So she likes all the hints and says to us,"Thanks gals. It's so great to get helpful hints from the senior generation."

Sooo, okay, It's true, I'm getting up there, but gee!!!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I would have popped her one! kapow..how's that for Senior!

My brother In law in his youth did stand in for Tom Selleck on the soaps, he was beautiful! Too bad he was a dog..and said the stupidest things to women.
Anyway, a couple of years ago he was in a fastfood place and was flirting with the countergirl (he's in Cali..lhome of beautiful people) The girl was smiling and flirting back..driving his ego up and then she asked if he wanted to use his senior discount! Crash...lol! At least he has grown up over the years and told this story on himself.:2cool:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
The friend, Kay, I was talking about is married to the jerks of all jerks. Guess he wasn't so bad way back when (I didn't know him then), but he is now God's scholar gift to the world. He's also became a penny pincher and believe me, between retirement and SS, he has no worries.
Kay thinks he's going nuts---I can't argue with her. He's the reason she likes to shop so much. She doesn't spend a lot of money because he doles it out but it gets her out and away from him.
It's got to the point that they are driving each other nuts.
Kay goes to great efforts to look nice, her hubby throws on a pair of pants and a shirt and goes.
About a year ago he and Kay went out to eat and someone asked if he was paying for his daughter's meal---yes, he looks old.
Since then he's been a hundred times worse. He's bought all this exercise equipment but never uses it and blames Kay for all his troubles.
I tell Kay to get out before one kills the other. She is as stubborn as he is in this area. Neither one is going to leave because of the marriage assets.
I also tell her to get him to the doctor because he's suffering from senility or something worse.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Sounds to me like he has Alziemers (sp) The aging and focus on himself. except for his appearance. They also get very argumentative..to cover up what they know is their own memory failure. If he is a drinker it could be from that or even a thyroid problem. Thyroid disease causes massive confusion and/or personality changes.
he needs a check up..with her contacting the Dr. before he sees her husband to clue him to the changes.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
63½. Does that get it??

I can still walk, but a candy red hoverround sounds great! How about 950CC V twin.
Whoo, what a day...I cannot stand this heat/humid any more, I am ill. Our heat index today was 109`. And I had to get the trim mower out and do some quick work. You must push it. Maybe could get that hoverround with a couple blades?
I have two cousins coming tomorrow to compare/share some really old family photos we all have, (we have the same great grandparents) will be doing some scanning and printing, and the one room I have AC is my shop (very cluttered). So tried to carve out a clean place for us to sit. I am not going to be putting on any airs, for sure. The floors are sticky, cat hair peeking out everywhere, I just don't care. Maybe tomorrow I will. Embarrassing. Sick of cleaning up after one giant messer-red-neck! Speaking of alzheimers.....At 3PM he told me he'd come home and give me a hand. It's now 11:50PM, I don't believe him anymore! He means well at the time.
Hope all you are feeling good, hubby's good-to-better,
gotta go maybe make some bars for tomorrow...lemon would be good.
Take care, and jj2 this is a nice idea!! I do get grumpy, but try not to rub it off too much. If I do just hang a note on the door. 'night kate

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Certainly is too hot not to have air---I'd be living (and sleeping) in the one room that does.
As for the heat, there are a lot of people our age, and older that seem to run on the cold side. That is not me. I hate the heat and the heat hates me.
Several years ago, right before daughter went off to college, we took off on the last vacation we'd take as family.:(
We did several things but on the way back home, we stopped a Six Flags. I overheated. It's like getting the flu and I ended up spending the day in the health care facility drinking Gatorade.
Since then, I can't take the heat and if I'm not careful, I'm down for a day or more.

As for the Hoverround, I want a red one too. Bright red with bells and whistles so everyone knows I'm around. Foghorn would really be nifty.
Although I don't want one so bad that I don't get up and exercise---going to fight as long as I can.

As for cleaning, my youngest had (kind of in remission right now) allergy related asthma. I became a fanatic about cleaning---we're talking toothbrush. In the last few years, I just don't seem to have the drive to be that detailed.
Besides, I like the lived in look.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread