Sensitive to something in ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape-king

Feb 22, 2016
i have got the slightest cough from vaping long term. I am currently trying a low % of VG to see if I can overcome it. Failing that what should I do? I do vape a lot and I worry what it’s doing to my insides if I have this cough. I’d say it’s about 5-10 times better than when I smoked, but still scary. Is it likely dangerous? Or should I, if failing to identify what’s causing it, continue vaping?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
i have got the slightest cough from vaping long term. I am currently trying a low % of VG to see if I can overcome it. Failing that what should I do? I do vape a lot and I worry what it’s doing to my insides if I have this cough. I’d say it’s about 5-10 times better than when I smoked, but still scary. Is it likely dangerous? Or should I, if failing to identify what’s causing it, continue vaping?

Pg is more harsh than vg and you may be coughing because of that. VG usually feels heavy on the chest with no coughing--imo. What pg/vg ratio are you using?

It is probably the ejuice or a flavoring that is causing the cough. I have found if I vape too much of a creamy flavor that I will start to cough so I only use those a little.

Try a different ejuice or if you DIY see if you can figure out which flavoring may be causing it.

If you quit vaping because of a cough(did you stop smoking because of one?) what would you do? Return to smoking cigarettes?

As always we are not doctors nor do we play them on tv. Call and make an appointment with your doctor is the best advice I can give you.

:)

• Agree

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
As well as the unsightly skin rashes and blown sinus's its PG that makes me cough.
Ive also spent a lot of time trying to find flavours I can vape, there arent many, even flavours in VG I react negatively to.
So for me its PG and most flavour concentrates that make me cough, break out in rashes or blow my sinus's.
VG and DW unflavoured is a no problem vape, for me. No heaviness in the chest, no cough, no rashs, for me.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015

Kinda late in replying.....But how old is your coil/last time you rebuilt it. Years ago, I used the same atomizer for a few months. Started getting a cough. Replaced it, and my cough went away after a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread