Serious ''Popping'' Issues with both JAC Vapour Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoustache

Oct 17, 2018
Hey mates.

Having a big problem with both of my JAC Vapour devices, the S17 & S22.

When I'm firing for the first time I hear a loud pop and see a dot of e-liquid shoot up from the drip tip, cautiously I don't put my mouth near it and wait until I fire again and take a draw and it seems to be OK but if I wait another minute or two it ''pops'' again.

This is the same on both tanks. I use 50/50 e-liquid and 55PG/45VG, as recommended by the ''vape store''

Changing coils doesn't help

What could I be doing wrong guys? I have a feeling they're flooding but not sure what is causing it. The S22 is 2 days old also.

Thanks to anyone who helps me here!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome. :)

I don't buy from JAC Vapour. They are popular on here as they make a very nice product which (curiously) Amercian people can buy. I don't care... they make out like they are gods of vaping. I say jog on. Nothing is a decent price. A lot of it is rebranded or obviously made by the company in China who sell something almost the same.

50/50 is too thin for those models. Your shop are wallies. Drop the shop.

TheMoustache

Oct 17, 2018

I don't buy from JAC Vapour. They are popular on here as they make a very nice product which (curiously) Amercian people can buy. I don't care... they make out like they are gods of vaping. I say jog on. Nothing is a decent price. A lot of it is rebranded or obviously made by the company in China who sell something almost the same.

Thank you for your very honest answer ;)

I could try thicker juices, perhaps a 70VG/30PG, I do vape a 12 MG, though. I just find it hard to throw it away after spending £35 on it 2 days ago.

I guess I will go search around my area for other vape stores then.

Cheers for the response mate.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey mates.

Having a big problem with both of my JAC Vapour devices, the S17 & S22.

When I'm firing for the first time I hear a loud pop and see a dot of E-Liquid shoot up from the drip tip, cautiously I don't put my mouth near it and wait until I fire again and take a draw and it seems to be OK but if I wait another minute or two it ''pops'' again.

This is the same on both tanks. I use 50/50 e-liquid and 55PG/45VG, as recommended by the ''vape store''

Changing coils doesn't help

What could I be doing wrong guys? I have a feeling they're flooding but not sure what is causing it. The S22 is 2 days old also.

Thanks to anyone who helps me here!
Hi and welcome,
You seem to be experiencing "over wicking". The ratio of PG to VG makes the juice very thin and it wicks too well.
You can add a bit of VG (cheap at Boots) to thicken the juice a bit. That should reduce the over wicking and spitting.
fmm53t.jpg

Hope that helps
Cheers
I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Yeah. You’ll notice that what people in the US like is the stainless one battery dna mods. Never a mention of any other product.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
With the same issue happening with both devices, maybe it is the liquid? Reluctantly using my Aspire K3 in the meantime to vape something until tomorrow morning. I doubt I'll get a refund, though..they're a bit funny.
Are they both microcoils? Microcoils pop. It’s part of being tiny I think

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The mod just powers the tank, so if you took off the tank and put it on a totally different mod it would still happen, so has nothing to do with the actual mod..I tend to agree that a little thicker juice might help . Does it get any better if you open airflow a bit?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The mod just powers the tank, so if you took off the tank and put it on a totally different mod it would still happen, so has nothing to do with the actual mod..I tend to agree that a little thicker juice might help . Does it get any better if you open airflow a bit?

Not if they’re AIOs. Well yes still if they’re AIOs, but it’s all one piece. Iirc at least one of those numbers he mentioned was a pod. Don’t remember well. I looked at their site a few days ago when I was thinking hard about a sandstorm. I got too many mods though

TheMoustache

Oct 17, 2018
Are they both microcoils? Microcoils pop. It’s part of being tiny I think

I've used both 0.5 DL and 1.0 MTL coils and both are having the same issue!

It doesn't seem to make much of a different to be honest. My main concern is the big pop I get from the tank when firing after my ''breaks'' I understand juice can pop after being sat for a while but not every 5 minutes.

Other things I do religiously is the old ''flick'' to try get any excess juice out of the coil but still the issue persists.

It's strange that I would have to vape HVG juice to stop this issue as these devices aren't really sub-ohm devices, right?

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

It doesn't seem to make much of a different to be honest. My main concern is the big pop I get from the tank when firing after my ''breaks'' I understand juice can pop after being sat for a while but not every 5 minutes.
No worries!
Put 10 drops of VG and 10 drops of your current juice in the tank, cap it and shake. Give it a few pulls to vape out the thin juice and Bob's your uncle.
If I doesn't work, PM me and I'll paypal you the cost of the VG. :thumbs:

Cheers
I

Reactions: Diver9543

TheMoustache

Oct 17, 2018
No worries!
Put 10 drops of VG and 10 drops of your current juice in the tank, cap it and shake. Give it a few pulls to vape out the thin juice and Bob's your uncle.
If I doesn't work, PM me and I'll paypal you the cost of the VG. :thumbs:

Cheers
I

I'll give it a go mate, fingers crossed eh?

Really appreciate everyone's help here, didn't expect such a great response! :thumbs::thumbs:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans

Or raise the wattage a bit?

Reactions: vapdivrr

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
The signs point to minor flooding in the coil. As others have mentioned a thicker juice might help. I stress "might" help. I make my juices at 60pg 40vg and every now and then I might get a pop. It's something I don't really about. What you might try doing is start your draw and then hit the bang button. Just my :2c:. Welcome to the forum.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Oh , my bad, I was thinking of the jac vapour mods and thought the OP had a tank topping them
Not if they’re AIOs. Well yes still if they’re AIOs, but it’s all one piece. Iirc at least one of those numbers he mentioned was a pod. Don’t remember well. I looked at their site a few days ago when I was thinking hard about a sandstorm. I got too many mods though

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm strictly mtl and vape 70 vg, but do rebuildables. If your tanks are mtl, then perhaps they can't handle high vg, but 70 isn't that thick anyways. Are you vaping them in the recommended wattages?

Other things I do religiously is the old ''flick'' to try get any excess juice out of the coil but still the issue persists.

It's strange that I would have to vape HVG juice to stop this issue as these devices aren't really sub-ohm devices, right?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Not if they’re AIOs. Well yes still if they’re AIOs, but it’s all one piece. Iirc at least one of those numbers he mentioned was a pod.
Oh no. Are they doing pods now? :eek:

Is there no stopping the "let's take an existing product and squeeze another 50% on people that know no better". I rest my case.
The are not Vaporfi or Mig but I find it incredible people think they are buying unique products. They do sell a few unique items but the general inventory? o_O

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
When I'm firing for the first time I hear a loud pop and see a dot of E-Liquid shoot up from the drip tip, cautiously I don't put my mouth near it and wait until I fire again and take a draw and it seems to be OK but if I wait another minute or two it ''pops'' again.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sounds like it might be too much heat going to the coil.
Might like to read the wisdom of these posts,they say it all for me:
Resistance is Futile - Vapor Connection LLC | Pittsburgh's Premiere Vapor Shop & Lounge
What Ohms should I choose?
Efficiency. Thinner wire and higher resistance VS thick wire and lower resistance
Higher Resistance, Lower Wattage vs Lower Resistance, Higher Wattage
The Vaper`s Guide to Flavour Chasing: 10 Tips To Maximise Flavour

Reactions: TheMoustache
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread