Serious Sinus Issues Since Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

precious007

Nov 20, 2010
hi - I have been vaping for just a little over 2 months now and I'm worried about my sinusitis that skyrocketed. I do suffer from a chronic form of sinusitis but it literally never been this bad as it has been since I started vaping. Bloody mucus here and there, facial pain, extreme pressure in my sinuses, head you name it ..... dizziness

I also quit smoking right when I picked up an e-cigarette that my brother gave and been using it since. I blamed the cigs but it might be the smoking too I guess. ON my last quit attempts I also had sinus issues but not this bad.

Anyone else here has sinus issues with vaping?

Thanks
Al

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Not as bad as yours. Mine did get worse about a 1/2 year after I started vaping. My allergist doesn't think there is a connection between vaping and my sinus issues. I think there might be some connection but probably to a larger degree it is age and enviornment related. If I don't drink enough water, my sinuses will dry out and my inner nose gets sore.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
First off see a doctor. This could easily be a sinus infection.

I had a bit of a run with sinus in overdrive when I first started vaping but it was related to the sudden increase in my water intake. They had been artificially dry for so many years because I had never really been a water drinker that when I started drinking water they went nuts. It passed in a week or so.

cigzag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Northern Indiana
Strange on the timing on this thread popping up. I had to go to MedPoint last night because I thought I was suffering severely from the flu. Turns out I have a bad sinus infection going on. Dizziness and body aches and the whole bit.

I mentioned to the Dr. I quit smoking and started Ecig's about 2 months ago. He shrugged that off and said it couldn't be related. This is the first time I've had a sinus infection and let me tell you, it's no fun! Lots of congestion and coughing and can't smell or taste anything at this point. I'm on anti-biotics since this morning and i'm feeling a bit better than last night but not much.

I gotta tell ya, that thing they stick up your nose and into your sinuses to get a mucus sample, that really sux! LOL :blink:

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I had same issue, I think there is an adjustment because I NORMALLY drink 1-2 gallons of water a day (along with generally 2 mt dews and sometimes coffee and milk to boot) so I don't think I was dehydrated. lol.

I also moved from 36mg cigalikes down to 24mg liquid and symptoms seemed to decrease.
Haven't had any headache and sinus issues since...so...dunno?

GraceH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
A, A
Sinus problems here since I started vaping. I used to have chronic sinus infections when I had cats. But since I stopped keeping cats thats cleared up but for the fall. Since I started vaping I've had on side, left side (my worst, more problematic side) trying to close, left eye pain, and mild facial headaches. No big deal really but at this point its getting old. I suspected the vaping or a hydration issue. I haven't seen a doc, nor will I be. I don't have a health plan so unless I NEED antibiotics or can't get out of bed, I managed my symptoms myself. Mt nose hasn't closed yet and still drains so I'm doing nothing for that. Headache, eye, and facial pains usually one dose of Ibuprofen does the trick. I'm just planning to ride it out and hope my body does whatever adjusting it needs to on its own.
Moral of the story, yup sinus problems here too. But still worth it

Happy Vaping

Targetlock

Apr 10, 2013
Hawaii
The first thing to do is see a doctor, there's no harm in having them look at what's going on. As far as relating the sinus condition to vaping, who knows.

- some vapers are sensitive/allergic to PG, if you find yourself feeling dry mouthed/thirsty, tone down the PG and opt for a higher VG juice. If you're using 80PG/20VG, try 50/50 for example.
- slow down the vaping, or stop/halt altogether to see if your condition improves then act accordingly
- hydrate by drinking water, however if you drink lots of water, make sure it contains a balance of electrolytes like Gatorade or similar product. Drinking too much bottled water without electrolyte/mineral fortification could lead to water toxicity.
- clean your empty tanks/drip tips often to help curb bacterial growth

iowajosh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
iowa
Use nasal irrigation at least twice a day. I recommend the Neilmed sinus rinse with the squeeze bottle. Not as much trouble as a neti pot. Also use the premixed saline, and distilled water.

I love that bottle. I think the big one is best. I have mixed my own salt water which can be more potent.

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
Couple of possibilities here, including that the OP is an ANTZ plant. I've used a neti pot for many years, and recommend them highly. When I worked in health food stores (yes, I was still a smoker) I sold enough to amaze my employers. It could be a sensitivity to ingredients in the juice. It could be the settings of the vaporizer. I'd try to get to the bottom of it for sure, but I wouldn't go back to smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread