Serious warning! Deadly juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Chemist

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Poland
starychemik.wordpress.com
Curious? OK, doesn't matter whether you came to this thread because of pure curiosity. Now stay here and just read this.
What would you say after spotting in some shop on a shelf a bottle with a label "Toxic juice"? I'm pretty sure you'd be surprised.
Now imagine a child taking from a table small bottle with e-liquid for e-cigs which you accidentally left there unattended. Taking and drinking the content. Why a child would do that? Simple - after hearing so many times "this is juice, nic juice, fruity juice" a kid could try to drink such stuff.
Do you think it's possible?
I do, therefore I would like to ask: why? Why some of vapers use the word "juice" instead of liquid/e-liquid? Friends - it does not make sense. It is just DANGEROUS!

The word "juice" is misleading, and this may really end with some disaster. Can you imagine the reaction of FDA officials? And the headlines - "Deadly e-cigarettes" or "Death in a bottle".
And what would you say over some child grave? Sorry? I didn't mean to kill ya, you know?

I'd like to remind that 10 mg might be a lethal dose for a child. If you use 18 mg/mL e-liquid, 10 drops would be enough. Juice... no, thanks. I'd rather call it liquid/e-liquid.

I am wondering whether someone would support me - old chemist/old Don Quijote.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States
An excellent post. I have two toddler grand daughters living with me. Both are "addicted' to apple and orange juice. Both see me vape all the time. I laid down my ecig one day and the little one snatched it up and tried to imitate her pawpaw by putting it in her mouth. After the 911 call for heart failure (only barely kidding) I explained that those were mine and she needed to get a lot bigger before playing with it. So now my ecig and liquid gets the same consideration as my lighter/analogs did. They are either on my body or up high and out of sight.

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
You have a very good point. I never thought about what we calling these things I reaaly think that the name should be changed from juice to liquid and also everyone with small children and not only that their pets as well( animals can get to this stuff if left low enough) should make sure their liquids be kept up where pets and children can not get to them. Everyone has a responsibilty sellers and buyers alike

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Outstanding Post OC.

BTW - Here is the Best thing a vaper Parent could spend $25 on.

image_3114.jpg

9" x 6" x 6" Digital Safe

For less than the price of dinner for two, Peace of Mind.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I think you point is very valid. However, I believe it is still parents responsibility to keep that e-liquid out of their children's reach. My view would be....one would not leave chemicals, medications and so forth within reach of children.

I personally would have it locked up....just as toxic as a firearm....oh and if I had a demented parent/spouse...I would do the same...glad he just hates the smell of my vapor....I would hope simple common sense would prevail on this issue.....bottom line...parents are responsible for their actions.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I would hope that adults with children would stop and think about the dangers and keep everything out of sight or under lock and key.

I understand your point, Old Chemist, about the terminology. If you have a small child/children, think about what you are calling what. Kids aren't stupid so please don't put anything past him or her. They are curious little people and don't know any better. If I had something that I didn't want my daughter to get ahold of, I would call it my Ouchy whatever. She knew Ouchy hurt so she would stay away from it.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Outstanding Post OC.

BTW - Here is the Best thing a vaper Parent could spend $25 on.

image_3114.jpg

9" x 6" x 6" Digital Safe

For less than the price of dinner for two, Peace of Mind.

I keep mine in the spare little refrig but before granddaughter gets here (lives out of state) that is where it goes.
I also tend to call it liquid unless I'm in a thread where everyone insists on calling it juice.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I understand what your saying.Im just saying it should not be an issue because its poison and should be kept out of reach at all times.Children and animals depend on us to keep them safe.Out of reach is best.What you call it is up to you.Children are poisoned all the time by cleaning supplies and meds that have different names.Its about safety and keeping things out of reach,not names.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
Since reading this I've been aware of what I call it when talking to my S/O and I really need to think about it and what I call it because my Spiced Apple Cider looks like apple juice. My kids are 6 and 9, and my stuff is kept in my room in my fridge and they know they cannot touch it, and they are never in there without me. I close and lock my door. But I don't want them to be going around talking about mommy vaping apple juice either.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Only on this forum have I referred to nicotine liquid as juice....when I talk to others I refer to it as nicotine liquid.... I adopted two kittens and everyone knows how curious cats can be....nothing within paws reach....or nose...even though I don't have to lock anything. I do keep my liquid in a plastic tub with lid....cats have never figured it out thus far..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread