• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Seriously? SLC- Uhhhhhh I have heard of the long way around the barn but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay- I purchased another battery etc. and it was supposed to be here yesterday- I am in Texas- close to the La border and about an hour from the Gulf-

Arlington is just a few hours NORTH of me-

THIS is my USPS tracking-

Now, it was supposed to be IN my box on the 11th- But instead it was taking the scenic route- THROUGH salt LAKE CITY!!

SEriously?? and we wonder why the goverment is so screwed up? uggggggggggg

Expected Delivery Date: April 11, 2011
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our TYLER, TX 75708 facility on April 13, 2011 at 2:31 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Processed through Sort Facility, April 13, 2011, 2:31 am, TYLER, TX 75708

Processed through Sort Facility, April 10, 2011, 1:48 pm, salt LAKE CITY, UT 84199

Acceptance, April 08, 2011, 10:36 am, ARLINGTON, TX 76015

I laugh everytime I check it- I am not worried about it- I just keep checking it to get a laugh- ROFLMAO!

Last edited:

HarmonyPB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Houston, Texas, USA
www.facebook.com
I laugh everytime I check it- I am not worried about it- I just keep checking it to get a laugh- ROFLMAO!

That made me ROFL!!! I must say that I've never seen anything like that. But then again I don't think I've ordered anything from TX.

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
Lol I had something similar a few weeks back. Package was shipped from NY .. to California, then down to Florida, then to Minneapolis (I am 2 hours north of Minneapolis so thought it was close) then shipped off to Denver, CO .. then back to St Paul (across the Mississippi river from Minneapolis) then finally to my town. This was an ebay purchase and I almost gave negative feedback until I checked the mailing date. He sent it the same day I ordered, it just took 4 weeks to arrive. Thanks, USPS.

I suppose, in all fairness, when you think of the sheer volume of mail they handle everyday, some mistakes are going to happen, especially given that most small packages must be handled by an imperfect human, mis-reading zip codes and such. But at least it amuses us. Remember to PRINT CLEARLY next time you mail something! lol

I'm sure this is why my mailbox was completely empty today .. *sob*

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Lol I had something similar a few weeks back. Package was shipped from NY .. to California, then down to Florida, then to Minneapolis (I am 2 hours north of Minneapolis so thought it was close) then shipped off to Denver, CO .. then back to St Paul (across the Mississippi river from Minneapolis) then finally to my town. This was an ebay purchase and I almost gave negative feedback until I checked the mailing date. He sent it the same day I ordered, it just took 4 weeks to arrive. Thanks, USPS.

I suppose, in all fairness, when you think of the sheer volume of mail they handle everyday, some mistakes are going to happen, especially given that most small packages must be handled by an imperfect human, mis-reading zip codes and such. But at least it amuses us. Remember to PRINT CLEARLY next time you mail something! lol

I'm sure this is why my mailbox was completely empty today .. *sob*

Now that's one heck of a trip :ohmy:

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
Wait, Salt Lake City....Utah????? Are you sure there isn't a Salt Lake City in Texas, it is a big state after all. (just kidding)

Hubby told me he had a package go to California that was suppose to go to NY, and we live in Chicago. You'd think they would know east from west.

Someone else told me they have been watching a package they have been expecting for a while, it keeps getting close to her house and then goes on a trip away from her again. Just keeps circling and not quite landing at her house.

Noodoggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Orlando, FL
too classic! lol just like the govt to send it out of state to send it back to the state lol it's the same thing here in FL. If you send something from Deltona to Orlando which is south of Deltona by 20 miles, it goes north to Jacksonville which is about 120 miles north! It's crazy! With that kind of routing, it would just be simpler to run the dang mail yourself instead of sending it lol here in central fl, all roads lead to jacksonville lol

LOL- LOVe the song!

and I did expect it to bounce around a little, cause yep- it is the goverment after all- BUT, I thought to leave the actual state was a bit much! LOL

and yes it FINALLY made it!! I was starting to worry-

funny, it went from Arlington to SLC, and never stopped- THEN back smooth to Tyler Texas without stopping- but it stopped twice here in Jasper- LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread