Serpent SMM - How long do coils last ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketRonnieRadox

Sep 29, 2015
hi all,

Just got the SMM AND LEARNING FAST.

had it running on the coils that come with it and after a day I’m getting dry ish hits.

Checked the coil and it’s not mucky and the wick is clean so maybe a wicking issue but wanted to ask how long the coils it comes with last for and can you dry burn to get more life ?

Tia

Rake

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm not familiar with that RTA. Looked it up. It comes with prebuilt Clapton coils (? resistance).

A coil should last 3 - 4 weeks, if not longer, in a RTA. How long the wick lasts depends upon the flavors you use.

You're issue is probably your wicking. FYI, thick, dark, or sweet flavors will quickly gunk up your wick and coils, if that is what you are using. This video has some tips:

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Coil changes and wick changes are two different things. You can replace your wick more frequently and then dry burn or clean your coils, (depending on coil material) and you should have a perfectly good vaping experience, provided your coils are well cleaned and etc. There is no necessity to change coils with every wick, although certainly there are those vapers who prefer to, and may find it easier to just recoil than to dry burn or clean a coil. But, usually you can get more life out of coils than the wicking material itself.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

RocketRonnieRadox

Sep 29, 2015
My build

Attachments

• 2FD9F971-5EB7-4DE8-9E0C-102DC01F2D48.jpeg
    2FD9F971-5EB7-4DE8-9E0C-102DC01F2D48.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I used to recoil with every wick when using a 7 turn 3mm 32ga 316 coil.
coils are good for months at a time, making coils everytime you change wicks is a waste and not necessary with any rebuildable.
50/59 pg vg I’m only getting harsh vapes.
the smm is made for more dtl inhales or direct lung (some prefer straight to lung aswell)
it's not made for the same type of vape as the kayfun is, so using anything like 50/50 or similar higher pg liquids you'll mostly get harsh hits because of the higher pg content.

TLDR: stop changing your coils like a maniac,adjust to a lower power on the serpent and use higher vg liquids.
if you want a recent dtl rta, i'd suggest something like the kensei, i've found it easy to build and much more flavorfull than the serpent imo though it is dual coil unlike the serpent.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Well I just checked my 10ml eliquid bottle and it’s actually dripper series so 80/20 already.

I opened up the airflow a bit more and it’s now giving acceptable results but nothing special.

At least it’s no longer making me cough and flavour is better but not as tasty as the KF.
Yeah unfortunately i wasen't too impressed with the serpent myself, lots of people seem to like it but i didn't.
My first real rebuildable i'm still using is my peerless rda though, but tank wise atm i'm using the Kensei Rta which suits me more as it's dual coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread