Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I own the Merlin and it's a good RTA and easy to build, produces nice flavor.

I just picked up two of the Serpent SMM's because it is getting some good feedback on ECF. Everyone has said it is one of the easiest decks to build on and the flavor is outstanding.

Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA

Zackneon

Aug 15, 2017
Malaysia
I own the Merlin and it's a good RTA and easy to build, produces nice flavor.

I just picked up two of the Serpent SMM's because it is getting some good feedback on ECF. Everyone has said it is one of the easiest decks to build on and the flavor is outstanding.

Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA
yes i could see that serpent SMM got great feedback in ECF but will it produce flavour as good as merlin though?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
yes i could see that serpent SMM got great feedback in ECF but will it produce flavour as good as merlin though?

The right RTA is hard to tell without knowing what you want out of it. IMO, the SMM does better flavor and an easier deck to build on than the Merlin. It is single coil only so if you want a dual coil tank, the answers will be very different.

Zackneon

Aug 15, 2017
Malaysia
The right RTA is hard to tell without knowing what you want out of it. IMO, the SMM does better flavor and an easier deck to build on than the Merlin. It is single coil only so if you want a dual coil tank, the answers will be very different.
yes i think i would prefer SMM because of easier deck build plus no leaking and single coil build. never need to go to double i think if single coil could do the trick. thank you ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can tell you that my first build was a dual deck upon which I wanted to build a single coil, on something called the "Russian 3.0" and while I love the vape, you might want to avoid that one. :D That said, I'm almost glad it was my first one, because I learned a lot of things you can do *wrong*. I'm awaiting my single coil RTA and I'm more interested if I can build on it without interactive cliffnotes (advice from forum members) and an Engineer husband, rather than the quality of the vape. :lol:

The next build I do, I'm switching off the internet in the house and waiting til the husband is out of town. So as far as recommending the SSM I have no issues doing *that*, but I cannot specifically speak to the flavor, though it's for sure true that a lot of members here are liking the flavor a lot.

Good luck!

Anna

Reactions: Zackneon

Zackneon

Aug 15, 2017
Malaysia
I can tell you that my first build was a dual deck upon which I wanted to build a single coil, on something called the "Russian 3.0" and while I love the vape, you might want to avoid that one. :D That said, I'm almost glad it was my first one, because I learned a lot of things you can do *wrong*. I'm awaiting my single coil RTA and I'm more interested if I can build on it without interactive cliffnotes (advice from forum members) and an Engineer husband, rather than the quality of the vape. :lol:

The next build I do, I'm switching off the internet in the house and waiting til the husband is out of town. So as far as recommending the SSM I have no issues doing *that*, but I cannot specifically speak to the flavor, though it's for sure true that a lot of members here are liking the flavor a lot.

Good luck!

Anna
thanks alot ;) noted :D

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. I have both a Serpent SMM and a Merlin. The serpent is a bit easier to build, the Merlin is not bad. Flavor is about equal. Oddly enough, I am waiting for the slow boat from China right now, laden upon which is another of each. I like them both, IOW. You can't go wrong with either.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Is the Serpent SMM the one that a video vape reviewer had a hand in developing? I think it was the Suck My Mod guy?

*Upon Edit: Yeah, it is.
Nifty little tank, my friend. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool dual coil man, but that little single coil tank rocks the house. Wrap it thin and close the air for MTL, or DL in the mid-range with slick wire, or coil up some Alien wire and run the mod up to 200 watts. It's just a fine little design. Owes a lot to the Merlin, I think. I have both and they wick similarly.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Nifty little tank, my friend. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool dual coil man, but that little single coil tank rocks the house. Wrap it thin and close the air for MTL, or DL in the mid-range with slick wire, or coil up some Alien wire and run the mod up to 200 watts. It's just a fine little design. Owes a lot to the Merlin, I think. I have both and they wick similarly.

I haven't gotten into it much at all. I just recently started playing around with a couple of premade coils on a velocity style deck that I had. I tried it RTA and RDTA and I found that I really don't like dripping. I'm waiting for a squonk mod to be added to inventory on a site I frequent to finalize an order with cotton and wire in it.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
I haven't gotten into it much at all. I just recently started playing around with a couple of premade coils on a velocity style deck that I had. I tried it RTA and RDTA and I found that I really don't like dripping. I'm waiting for a squonk mod to be added to inventory on a site I frequent to finalize an order with cotton and wire in it.
If you like dripping, except for the dripping part, squonk is the way to go. Which mod are you looking at?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread