Serpent SMM: "warped" peek insulator??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
So...I just cleaned and rewicked my SMM. I noticed that the peek insulator looks warped under the positive post and the post looks raised up a little bit. Anyone else have that issue?

The 510 pin is tight...no idea how long it's been like that and not sure if can be fixed. Guess I'll find out if it affects usability.

I finally got to the point where I could use and enjoy this very frustrating tank....now this. lol

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If the insulator has been roasted, you're pretty much done. Sure, I'd see if it still works and isn't shorting before throwing in the towel (on a regulated mod, a mech is NOT the place to check it out for shorts). If it is acting up with the insulator deformity I'd be on the hunt for a new one. You can also contact Wotofo and see if they can sell or send you a replacement (Wotofo is the SMM manufacturer, right?).

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Thanks, Eskie.

Yeah. It seems to be working fine as is (I don't use mechs), but I'll probably be switching to one of my other tanks and shopping for a new "latest and greatest". Not real comfortable using it like that.

I only vape at 40 watts, so I'm guessing I may have damaged it at some point in the past when I dry burned the coils. I never look this close at the deck, so It could have been like this for months.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
So...I just cleaned and rewicked my SMM. I noticed that the peek insulator looks warped under the negative post and the post looks raised up a little bit. Anyone else have that issue?

The 510 pin is tight...no idea how long it's been like that and not sure if can be fixed. Guess I'll find out if it affects usability.

I finally got to the point where I could use and enjoy this very frustrating tank....now this. lol
Why is the negative post insulated?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Alrighty...for anyone who wanders in, rather than starting a new thread....

What's out there for good single coil tanks these days? I have the Engine Nano and don't want another SMM. Have my eye on the Pharaoh Mini (getting good reviews), but it doesn't appear to be released yet. Any suggestions?

Maybe the new Zeus tank with top air?

Why is the negative post insulated?

Keeps the positive and negative from touching on the deck. Otherwise it's short city.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Alrighty...for anyone who wanders in, rather than starting a new thread....

What's out there for good single coil tanks these days? I have the Engine Nano and don't want another SMM. Have my eye on the Pharaoh Mini (getting good reviews), but it doesn't appear to be released yet. Any suggestions?
I basically just bought myself a limitless xl rta by Ijoy and i've been liking it alot so far, single and dual coil decks + they throw in a drop in coil for ya so you can do pretty much whatever you want with it. It's a big tank but has 4ml capacity at least. OVerall weird but great airflow and great flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread