Setup my Aspire Breeze with a bad outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
New 0.6 coil primed, might have primed it with too much juice though like 4 times around... anyway filled up to the tank line with e juice, put the coil back in. After charging the device decided to give it a try, all gurgling junk spit into my mouth had to rinse out with warm water, didn't work for me.

For reference, 6mg nicotine 50/50 PG/VG.

Reactions: stols001

Mike P

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2017
simple fix

the problem is that you didn't screw in the chimney tight enough and the juice is flooding the coil because the vacuum seal is compromised. just make sure it's nice and snug and the airflow on the coil lines up with the hole on the housing, you'll find that sweet spot. never prime by putting juice in the center of the coil.

take the coil off the chimney shake it out and reinstall

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I usually fire mine away from my mouth and if I don't hear it sizzling I fix it. I do this all the time especially after sitting awhile or having a new coil.
    Between mods blowing up or spitting hot juice on me, I don't put it in my mouth right away. You'll figure it out. Most people had a bit of a learning curve when starting to smoke cigarettes, this may just be a bit longer.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    simple fix

the problem is that you didn't screw in the chimney tight enough and the juice is flooding the coil because the vacuum seal is compromised. just make sure it's nice and snug and the airflow on the coil lines up with the hole on the housing, you'll find that sweet spot. never prime by putting juice in the center of the coil.

take the coil off the chimney shake it out and reinstall
    Quick question, should I use a new coil and new e juice?

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
    I usually fire mine away from my mouth and if I don't hear it sizzling I fix it. I do this all the time especially after sitting awhile or having a new coil.
    Between mods blowing up or spitting hot juice on me, I don't put it in my mouth right away. You'll figure it out. Most people had a bit of a learning curve when starting to smoke cigarettes, this may just be a bit longer.
    My first pack of cigarettes, Newport box 100s. I was first warned these would not be handled well for a starter but I went ahead and did it anyways... needless to say I was hooked after my first one and learned to inhale after my second.

Mike P

ECF Veteran
    Nov 13, 2017
    nope, let the coil sit upside down for a few minutes to drain. then hold it in a paper towel and whip the remaining juice out.

put it back on the chimney and just make sure you tighten it all the way. it will start to get pretty snug, and the airflow will line up with the hole in the unit. if it happens again you know it's not tight enough, simple as that.

this has happened to me before. the breeze should absolutely not spit or leak.

:)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't have an aspire breeze, but my first AIO kit, it spat and popped something fierce, what helped me was just trying to clear the airflow. I think my coil was actually over primed, although I followed the manufacturer's directions. It only happened the first time, if it's any consolation. After that, I learned not to fill quite to the fill line, and also had to "shake" juice out of the drip tip due to the flooding. I don't think you need a new coil, just try to get any excess e-liquid out and see if that helps your situation.

Best of luck, sometimes quirks of equipment take a little time to get used to and I hope you get it sorted out.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread