• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Shaken AND stirred

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolslime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Colorado
Greetings fellow vapors.

I'm very new to the forums and vaping. I came across this sub-forum, and several others, quite by accident.

Judging by the lack of posting, this may get swallowed by the 6 layers of sub forums it's in...but I will introduce myself anyways.

I'm now on day 3 of no analogs and absolutely loving it. The great thing is I know it's smooth sailing from here on out. I'm 38, male, and had been smoking for about 14 years. The past couple of years I have not been enjoying smoking at all and thus began my attempts to quit. All were cold turkey attempts, and the longest I lasted was 3 months. Then along came vaping and already I know I'm not ever going to go back to analogs. It still amazes me how something I despised so much becaus of how bad it made me feel still was able to maintain a kung-fu grip and lure me back. Oh, and I also love me some kung-fu movies.

So there's a little shake...and now to see if anything got stirred. :facepalm: I know, bad attempt to work in the subject line, but I doubt any of the cheesy James Bond puns swimming through my head right now would be any better. :laugh:

:vapor:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
rofl.. I'm rather a fan of cheesy James Bond, puns, personally. ;) And the man (all versions of him) did have excellent taste in booze and sportscars, gotta give him that. Serious kudos on the vaping over smoking struggle! I smoked for close to 18 years, started when I was a teenager, and gave it up repeatedly only to get dragged back to the butts, kicking and screaming. But I found vaping close to two years ago, and it was such a thrill because suddenly it didn't feel like quitting was such an all fired struggle. I've never picked up another cig, and still loving every minute of it. Just noticed you posted this a month and a half ago.. hoping you're sticking with it! And I'm sure there's gotta be a story behind your screenname. Big fan of the algae, are ya?

poolslime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Colorado
That was one long stir, I should have Popeye arms by now haha...wish I could remember some of the puns popping up in my mind at the time. Have to agree on his choices of booze and sportscars. :drool:

I have been sticking with the vaping, and It has been an absolute blessing. I had finally admitted to myself that I was addicted four years ago, but the best I managed was to stop smoking during the day at work. I had actually gotten to the point where I didn't crave them at work, maybe because I finally had a desire to quit, and it became a safe zone. Really struggled over the past two years, and the day I tried my first quality e-cig, I almost danced a Jig. Truthfully, I would have if I knew how to. :p

As for the screen name, wish I had a wildly funny story to go along with it (though I'm beginning to think of a few that might work), but it was some random thought that popped into my head a couple years ago when I was trying to come up with a generic username I could use on forums that I knew I wouldn't participate in, but needed an account to access certain resources. Kind of used it here out of habit. Wish I had spent some time to come up with something better in hind-sight, but for now I'll just pretend I'm an over-payed pool cleaner for the rich and famous that feeds my exotic taste for expensive booze and fast cars. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread