The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Shaking E Liquid??

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by mace bewley, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mace bewley

mace bewley Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    Rogers AR
    Has anyone come across a problem with the taste of a liquid being bad until shaken?? I have some menthol that is nasty (before shaking). After a good shaking it is wonderful. Any thoughts?? Do you think i could heat it then shake it to avoid shaking every time i use it?? Thanks in advance!

Mace

2. ChainSmkr

ChainSmkr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2009
    USA
    I have. One of my first experiences with E-liquid was that the taste completely disappeared when I hit the half-way mark of the bottle. All I could think of was that I never shook the bottle before using.

3. skullsoup432

skullsoup432 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2009
    Michigan USA
    Strange.
    Then maces flavor seems to be sitting on the bottom, while chains was sitting on the top? lol

4. mace bewley

mace bewley Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    Rogers AR
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing, what are the chinese trying to do to us??

Mace

5. skullsoup432

skullsoup432 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2009
    Michigan USA
    Ah, somebody will come along with theories on specific gravity, age, nicotine content, atomizer discrepancies, etc.

Not that it is undesirable, actually could be helpful, but...
    All of us have seen some amazingly intense arguments on this, and other forums, about some really minuscule points, counter points. I learn a lot, laugh alot, and sometimes just shake my head in disbelief.
    That's what makes forums interesting, though.

6. ChainSmkr

ChainSmkr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2009
    USA
    :lol: I saw that when I typed it! You're right, no doubt this will blossom into a techno weenie discussion of the viscosity of e-liquid bases and gravity. Just to further complicate things, I've actually had two bottles of e-liquid turn flavorless on me. I don't know why but I'll be the first to admit my taste buds are still half-fried from analog smoking. I am remiss about shaking bottles before using but we can safely rule out storage in extreme hot/cold/direct sunlight issues.

7. Walrus

Walrus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    LOL... I'll add this: I've had flavors disappear while vaping them! Starts off nice and strong... then about 5 or 6 puffs in, I can't taste it anymore.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
    Midwest, USA
    Riskee Yuice seems to separate on me.

9. Keef

Keef Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2008
    Scotland
    mace & chain.

The glass dropper goes to the bottom of the bottle.

When you extract the liquid you are usually taking from the bottom or I do as I stick the dropper all the way in.

I empty the dropper and shake 2 or 3 times, before I decant in to a smaller bottle.

I also shake the small bottle before I top off .

Never had any problems with hit or flavour consistency caused by the liquid.

10. Idahojo

Idahojo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    Bonners Ferry, ID
    Well I think the flavor changes from morning till later in the day. Just kidding. LOL I have noticed a diff as the bottle gets emptier. But then I just figure it's me getting old. I blame everything on that. That and the fact I had kids. It's all their fault!!!!

11. Banqer

Banqer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2009
    It wouldn`t surprise me that eliquid should be shaken before use. I know when I have made my own and poured PG into flavourless the PG will sit on top to begin with until I shake it.

12. Nicfits

Nicfits Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Texas
    I only get the shakes when I am out of E-Liquid.

13. laserjik

laserjik Full Member

Apr 1, 2010
    chicago
    The best thing to do is to drink allot of water, and avoid eating or drinking things that contain sugar. I do this and my flavors taste great, all the time.

14. chrispete

chrispete Full Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Seabrook, TX
    Holy Resurrected Thread Batman! I've actually had flavors completely disappear while I'm in the process of vaping them too. I'll try no food, no sugary drinks and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

15. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    I always shake the bottle!

16. VapApe

VapApe Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2011
    Ohio
    I prefer mine shaken not stirred ;)

17. base234

base234 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2011
    Over the edge...
    Sure, shake it. But how do you shake a bottle that's almost full? Easy. Make sure the cap is on tightly, grab the bottle by the cap and turn it bottoms up. Repeat a few more times and it will be about as mixed as it's going to get. Try it holding it up to a light (your monitor, maybe?) and you'll be able to see it mix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.