Share your wick and coil setups for your Reo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muriarte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2011
Monterrey, MX / McAllen, TX
Hi, I´m opening this thread for you guys to share your wick and coil setups for your Reo, since I´ve been having a little trouble finding what works best and have used a lot of wick and wire in failed attempts :facepalm:.

Please state on what mod are you using it, so we know if it works best on regular or vv Reos.

Cheers Reoville :2cool:

Rudakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Florida
Hey mudflap after doing some reading/research I was thinking the Mesh wick sounds like the best bet. This will be my first rebuildable atty do you, or anyone else, now of a Tutorial to set it up with the SS mesh? I've been looking but only finding ones for Silca/Bamboo/Cotton etc.
Thanks in adavance guys!

**Edit** Forgot to add that it is for the ERA

colt45

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
frankfort indiana
vv reos
32 AWG Kanthal A for the wire about 4 coils
2.5 mm silica wick doubled nothing fancy cut clean no hoops loops

standard grand I use 28 gauge wire 5 coils it will rips your lungs out Jim
2.5 mm wick doubled

I use a chalice - phoenix and some of my own rba atomizers
i wanna try one of your RBAs rob
imagesqtbnANd9GcQFdKJvBim35IzcZ9iFR.jpg

zodduska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Illinois
That looks awesome Rob!

Hey mudflap after doing some reading/research I was thinking the Mesh wick sounds like the best bet. This will be my first rebuildable atty do you, or anyone else, now of a Tutorial to set it up with the SS mesh? I've been looking but only finding ones for Silca/Bamboo/Cotton etc.
Thanks in adavance guys!

Here's a vid on prepping the SS mesh
VaporChase Tutorial - How to Make a Stainless Steel Wick - YouTube

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Thanks in adavance guys!

That looks awesome Rob!

Here's a vid on prepping the SS mesh
VaporChase Tutorial - How to Make a Stainless Steel Wick - YouTube

Thanks for providing that link, Zod. :)

Rudakus, I'd just add that you need to make sure that your coils all glow uniformly when you test fire it with the SS mesh wick being dry. That will let you know that the SS wick is oxidized well enough. Hot spots in your coil produce a foul, scorching vape. Also, trim it short enough so that it's not touching the inside wall of your top cap on your ERA. Like an iron skillet, the SS wick will require some seasoning before the flavor pops. Vape a few mLs on it before you decide whether or not you like it. SS mesh wicks can definitely be fiddle-y, so if that's not your thing, silica or fiberglass wick also work well.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Curious about this as well. Such a tease!
I wasn't trying to tease well maybe a little . I have built a few but I am not ready to print any of them and mass produce them . I will keep dabbling if I make a magic atty I will print it and make them available to everyone . I have a feeling there will be plenty of them on the market soon enough

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I have two native 801 Woodvils (which I adore) and no RBA's to fit them. How you sleep at night knowing this is beyond me.

2008-04-18-porcupine.png
I don't no Tripp I should be punished . You no how many 801 atomizers I would sell if I built them lol not many . Why don't you just use a adapter ? . You could always send your mods in for a sex change

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
32g Kanthal-A, switching off between square braid cotton wick and a skein of silica wick that I won in a contest, will try ss mesh once that's all gone. 4 wraps on a doubled wick set vertical in my Chalice on my oldschool Grand.

Cni5H.jpg

Rob, if your REO RBA ever gets to a beta test, this is me waving my arms and hopping up and down excitedly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread