Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
OK, maybe I am just too lazy to look through some 125,000 post thread somewhere. Or maybe there is a 'sticky' at the top of the page. Find it hard to believe this hasn't been discussed yet.
As more and more people (including moi) are stocking up and turning to DIY, there are storage and 'Best If Used By' limitations. I recently dumped all of my e-liquids due to failed VG based Nicotine. And I've still got about a gallon and a half of three years old VG.
Has this been discussed before ? (probably)

Reactions: misswish1

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Wait! This stuff has a shelf life????

Seriously, yes it does. But that doesn't mean you hit a magic date and it goes Poof!.

As long as your mix looks good, isn't clumpy, smells good and even tastes good, you should be fine using it.

Last month I finished off a 4 yo bottle of Orange flavored vape.. 500ml bottle that is. it was great!

I do have 2 100ml bottles of some flavors sitting on a shelf that I won't even try.. Don't know why I haven't disposed of them yet.

Another 500ml bottle of Blue Raspberry is waiting to be cracked open, it's 3 years old.Most the ingredients had a bout a year left before I made the mix. I expect it to be fine.

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
I forget who said it, but some juices are apparently immortal. I've still have a ton of my former ADV because I found a new ADV. Still use the former ADV and it's 2+ years old. Still tastes good.

I just pulled the juice mixing bin from storage after a more than three year hiatus. Nicotine has been stored in freezer but all else just in a storage bin at room temp.

Have mixed three recipes with good results. Came across an errant bottle of finished juice amongst the flavorings. It, while darkened, is still tasty.

YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread